In the News II

June 28th, 2023 at 7:29:16 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually the real advantage is that it picks up more tax and the consumer does not realize how much the government is taking from them. It is a stealth tax.

It is the exact opposite to a stealth tax AZD. The the only tax that the government actually keeps is what the final consumer pays, which for the average consumer is right on his till tape at the store. All the VAT that is paid along the way by the various companies involved in making and distributing the product is returned to those companies if they aren't the final seller of the product.

The hidden stealth tax is sales taxes that paid by manufacturers that aren't returned and never seen by the consumer and never returned to manufacturer. In Canada the GST (Canada's VAT) replaced the hidden Federal taxes on the manufacturers which was often about 10%. That is why the math challenged consumers are often against a VAT because is added right at the till for them.

As a businessman I loved our VAT when it came in because it was much easier to track then the taxes it replaced. All I have to do is track what I collect in GST from my customers. Subtract what I paid in GST to my suppliers and remit the difference if I collected more than I paid to my suppliers. If I paid more than I collected the government cuts me a cheque for the difference. Depending on your sales volumes this is done from monthly to annually.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 28th, 2023 at 8:22:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It's ethical to modify the DNA of mosquitoes and release them into our environment but not to block the Sun.

That's funny.

----------------------

Bill Gates Will Have to Wait a While to Block the Sun

APR 12, 2021
A controversial, Bill Gates-backed sun-blocking experiment has been postponed for ethical reasons.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a36014979/bill-gates-sun-blocking-experiment-postponed/

-----------------------
June 28th, 2023 at 8:36:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
they are drowning by the dozens on the Florida panhandle
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 28th, 2023 at 8:40:47 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Notice RFK Jr. is asking.

Like he doesn't already know.

He has an idea, but doesn't know for sure.

I say he should know, so there's something wrong and could disqualify him as President.

It should be a statement not a question.

---------------------

Robert F. Kennedy Jr

Jun 10, 2023

Should Bill Gates be releasing 30 million genetically modified mosquitoes into the wild? Part of the mentality of earth-as-engineering-object. What could possibly go wrong?
https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1667616444996104196

----------------------
June 28th, 2023 at 10:42:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
AZ, Why do you post such blatantly stupid ideas that make it hard to take seriously your good ones? Theft is an ILLEGAL taking. That’s the definition of the word. You can say taxation is a forced taking of a citizen’s money by the government. But don’t use the word theft! Geez.
June 28th, 2023 at 11:11:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Today is June 28th which happens to be Elon Musk's 52nd birthday.

It also happens to be my birthday which I can prove by posting the date off my driver's license if necessary.
Me and Elon Musk share the same birthday, if only we shared the same genes this would be a very good day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 28th, 2023 at 11:12:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

It also happens to be my birthday which I can prove by posting the date off my driver's license if necessary.
Me and Elon Musk share the same birthday, if only we shared the same genes this would be a very good day.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2023 at 11:16:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Evenbob

HB Evenbob.

I hope you have a wonderful day today.

Elon doesn't strike me as a Cancer, though.
June 28th, 2023 at 11:22:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
EB celebrating a century above ground.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2023 at 11:41:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
AZ, Why do you post such blatantly stupid ideas that make it hard to take seriously your good ones? Theft is an ILLEGAL taking. That’s the definition of the word. You can say taxation is a forced taking of a citizen’s money by the government. But don’t use the word theft! Geez.

I consider it theft that it is taken from you by force. I use "theft" because we are in a system where too many people actually say they want and even prefer higher taxes. You get a politician like Obama bragging he has so much money that he does not need a tax cut (though he never gave it back) and people get to thinking they should feel the same way.

So I use "theft" so people start to realize it is their money being taken, not that they get to keep what the government says they can keep.

And I find it less blatantly stupid than calling a biological male "she" because the guy thinks he is a female.
The President is a fink.