In the News II

June 29th, 2023 at 11:16:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I think you even get more leeway if the people are illegal immigrants.

That will make the legal immigrants happy. NOT
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 30th, 2023 at 2:29:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
SCOTUS strikes down racist college diversity programs.

The Court ruled against Affirmative Action. Not diversity.

Roberts opinion provides an easy out.

"At the same time, as all parties agree, nothing in this opinion should be construed as prohibiting universities from considering an applicant's discussion of how race affected his or her life, be it through discrimination, inspiration, or otherwise," Roberts wrote.

The colleges will still get the diversity they want, by asking applicants 'How has race affected your life, be it through discrimination, inspiration, or otherwise?'
June 30th, 2023 at 2:44:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
The Court ruled against Affirmative Action. Not diversity.

Roberts opinion provides an easy out.

"At the same time, as all parties agree, nothing in this opinion should be construed as prohibiting universities from considering an applicant's discussion of how race affected his or her life, be it through discrimination, inspiration, or otherwise," Roberts wrote.

The colleges will still get the diversity they want, by asking applicants 'How has race affected your life, be it through discrimination, inspiration, or otherwise?'

The words are largely used interchangeably as I am here.

It was so much fun watching the reactions on this from the left. If someone on the right was talking like they are they would be screaming "RACIST" at the top of their lungs. One girl was whining that she could no longer use her race to get special treatment. The lamestream media of course does not have the guts to say "why can't you just compete on your merits?"

Then others whine that because someone was discriminated against 50-100 years ago we need to discriminate against others today.

It is all showing why I do not listen when these people say something is racist as they are the biggest racists out there.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2023 at 3:25:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One girl was whining that she could no longer use her race to get special treatment.

This doesn’t sound made up at all... /s
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 30th, 2023 at 6:04:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
This doesn’t sound made up at all... /s

Ah, let him celebrate his victory for his favorite oppressed group, the white man (correction) the straight white man.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 30th, 2023 at 11:16:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Biden student loan handout scheme struck down. SCOTUS sends message he is a president not an emperor like he acts.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2023 at 11:25:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Biden student loan handout scheme struck down. SCOTUS sends message he is a president not an emperor like he acts.

That was dead as soon as it left Biden's mouth, nobody believed it was true or going to happen except gullible college students. Even Nancy Pelosi said that the president doesn't have authority to do that only Congress does. Everybody and I mean everybody knew it would eventually get struck down, everybody except dumbass college grads who owe tons of money. It's like the reparations thing in California, there's never going to be any reparations it's just a trick to fool the black people for a while. As people who know about the stuff point out there's absolutely no way to fairly distribute money so no money will ever be given out.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 30th, 2023 at 11:26:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Ah, let him celebrate his victory for his favorite oppressed group, the white man (correction) the straight white man.

Just so I get it straight, you are saying a person should be judged on skin color?
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2023 at 11:29:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Just so I get it straight, you are saying a person should be judged on skin color?

Your reading comprehension sucks. Nowhere did rxwine say anything close to that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 30th, 2023 at 11:32:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Why not, it's what black people do. In that community the darker your skin is the more you are looked down on. If you came directly from Africa and your skin is jet black good luck getting any friends African Americans will avoid you like the plague. When I had the cab company I worked with a lot of black guys and they talked about skin color all the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.