In the News II

July 7th, 2023 at 1:16:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yup, I treat a lot of people who say stuff about themselves with common courtesy, regardless of what I believe on anything they say. Particularly when there is nothing of interest to me which is a lot of things..

Unless they believe in a god. In that case you go total bigot.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2023 at 1:32:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Someone try to get Duffy to say something good about Islamic people.

Gotta badmouth the *right* god in order to make his crocodile tears flow.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 7th, 2023 at 3:34:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

I probably should be. Afterall, do Christians ask all parents if they can convert their children with their brainwashing message? Nah, they're perfectly happy doing it to other people's children without the parents ever being consulted, even if it's out of another religion. They bait them with activities that will draw them in and even use their own children to help them do it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2023 at 4:07:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I probably should be. Afterall, do Christians ask all parents if they can convert their children with their brainwashing message? Nah, they're perfectly happy doing it to other people's children without the parents ever being consulted, even if it's out of another religion. They bait them with activities that will draw them in and even use their own children to help them do it.

But I will guess you are OK with mandatory gay education in our elementary schools?

I hate to break it to you but nobody forces those parents to enroll their kids. They do it of their free will. When I was in Catholic school we always had a few non-Catholic kids because the parents knew the kids would be taught good values.

Since it is of free will you could say yes, they do ask.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2023 at 4:50:05 PM permalink
rxwine
You forget all manner of evangelical Christians.

As long as whatever “gay” education is, is no more or less than heterosexual education, I’m fine with it.

I’d be fine with teaching religion in elementary school as long as it’s in the manner of here’s what these various people practice and so forth, which is way more than what anti-LBGT school people would allow in school for alternate lifestyle speech of any kind or even barely mention, if you live in Florida anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2023 at 6:15:47 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
AZ…. I don’t think there are people arguing that trans women are biologically women. How about this…. ‘I was born with male sex organs. But I feel like I’m a female on ALL levels. My life would be so much better if I could live my life as a woman, with drugs and surgery helping me to feel as good about myself as possible. So, Mr. AZ, can you go along with me referring to myself as a woman? I promise I won’t play sports against biological women.’

I’m not asking you to think it’s normal. I’m not asking you to date one of them. Why not just try and make life as easy as possible for that really troubled individual?
July 8th, 2023 at 2:50:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
AZ…. I don’t think there are people arguing that trans women are biologically women. How about this…. ‘I was born with male sex organs. But I feel like I’m a female on ALL levels. My life would be so much better if I could live my life as a woman, with drugs and surgery helping me to feel as good about myself as possible. So, Mr. AZ, can you go along with me referring to myself as a woman? I promise I won’t play sports against biological women.’

I’m not asking you to think it’s normal. I’m not asking you to date one of them. Why not just try and make life as easy as possible for that really troubled individual?

"Why not?" Because I deeply feel that this is a mental illness that would be better treated with therapy than drugs and cutting off healthy body parts. And I am sorry but there are people saying they are biological women. You might have a level head about it limiting it to the statement you made above, but the movement does not think that way. And oh, yeah, suggest they be banned from female sports. See how they react and let me know. You do not have to because we see how they react, they will sue!

And another problem, people are thinking they have to "fix" their kids. Or that they can change them to the gender they wanted. The same people who scream about gay conversion therapy for minors now demand that minors be allowed to "transition." Say it will not happen all you want but remember you would have laughed at the idea of gay marriage in the 1980s. It is their goal as these people are nuts.

Issue after issue first you laugh the idea off. Then it takes hold in the radical areas. Then far left people try to get it in more and more places. Then people who care more about their house and swimming pool than what is right go along to keep the peace and keep their jobs. Eventually it becomes accepted and they move to the next thing.

Teach the person that then are a male and they need to accept that and live that way. Don't humor them. They are mentally ill and need help.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2023 at 9:20:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

Anti-trans bigots are not interested in treating trans people like humans. They only want to eradicate them.

Pure evil.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2023 at 10:06:45 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Anti-trans bigots are not interested in treating trans people like humans. They only want to eradicate them.

Funny, it must be going around: I feel the same way about the homeless.
July 8th, 2023 at 10:46:05 AM permalink
rxwine
There’s a story behind a paywall at the Atlantic, I want to read., but can’t.

Quote:
Orca’s are not our friends, and you should stop rooting for them to keep ramming boats

`
`
`