In the News II

April 19th, 2023 at 9:33:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In case AMS or SOOPOO need a cruise idea. (They’re the only two here I recall mentioning going on them)

Quote:
I'm a cruise organizer for Bare Necessities Tour and Travel, a nudist-cruise company. I spend all year planning our two cruises: a February trip aboard our Big Nude Boat, a large cruise ship that has 3,000 passengers, and a smaller cruise in the summer.

Back in 1997, a friend who was a staff photographer with Bare Necessities was looking for a married couple to join their next cruise and appear in some promotional photos.

My husband and I are confident in front of an audience. I have a background in theater and was running a singing-telegram company while he worked as an on-air meteorologist. We'd been skinny-dipping with friends before and felt comfortable, and the cruise was in Tahiti, which sealed the deal.

I went on their cruises and volunteered for more than a decade before becoming a full-time employee

We worked as models on our first cruise, and decided to return over the next decade to work as general staff. We'd answer questions and help with small things, like making sure guests keep a towel between themselves and their seats.

In 2010, the company wanted to hire a sales associate who spoke German — nudism is very big in Germany. My German is good enough, so I threw my hat in the ring.

I'm based in Austin, and I've been a full-time employee of Bare Necessities since 2010.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2023 at 9:41:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
In case AMS or SOOPOO need a cruise idea. (They’re the only two here I recall mentioning going on them)

One of the stand up comedians on Carnival had an entire set about performing on a nude cruise. It was absolutely hilarious.

Comedian’s name was Happy Cole. He was one of the best stand up comedians I’ve seen on a cruise.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 19th, 2023 at 9:42:59 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I would consider it but I think they would expect me and my wife to pay to be models as nobody wants to see us clothed or nude.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 19th, 2023 at 9:53:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288

Fetterman is unbeatable on social media. He's really got some great people handling that for him. The social media crew making a mockery of Mehmet, in some hilarious way, was an almost daily occurrence.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 19th, 2023 at 9:55:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
It is about seeing that he is in charge. Trump was clearly in charge. When the china virus hit he was front and center taking it seriously. Out there daily. With Biden one gets the impression that he is barely there and who knows who is really running things. That the docs just dope him up when he needs to be seen and for only as long as needed.

I'm glad you said so. Biden has more news conferences, already, than Trump did in the first three years of his Presidency.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 19th, 2023 at 9:57:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DoubleGold
I like Rand and a few other reds, but these reds never do anything other than make striking comments (see link below).

We already knew the government was corrupt and non-credible (most of us anyway).

So what are you going to do about it Rand?

Absolutely nothing.

This is why I question loyalty even though it looks like a person is loyal to the people.

Some of us know we can't trust MSM (including Fox), because they're on the misinformation side (government).

So providing a source link to prove a point from the government (such as the CDC), it's like leaving a CNN source link.

It's not credible.

It's a big problem because most citizens don't know what to believe.

----------------------------

Sen. Rand Paul: U.S. Government Was ‘Greatest Purveyor of Disinformation’ During the Pandemic

Apr 18, 2023
“Instead of focusing on real threats like this, DHS was internally strategizing on how it can expand social media censorship of Americans using third-party non-profits as, in the words of a CISA official who said, ‘a clearing house for information to avoid the appearance of government propaganda,’” he said.
https://yournews.com/2023/04/18/2555959/sen-rand-paul-u-s-government-was-greatest-purveyor-of-disinformation/

----------------------------

Yeah? What's my alternative? Just do the Evangelical thing and present my opinions as incontrovertible fact without citing anything?

I often preface a citation with, "Assuming this is true," as it is.

Obviously, I'm cognizant of the fact that some things are probably untrue, but the alternative would be to simply not even attempt to discuss things in an intelligent way.
April 19th, 2023 at 11:48:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

regarding nudist colonies and the like, I'm pretty convinced the men in them are all "showers" as far as penis type

https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a22729802/flaccid-penis-grower-vs-shower/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 19th, 2023 at 3:12:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Other celebrities are being sued, but

Quote:
Taylor Swift avoided signing a $100 million sponsorship deal with FTX because she was the only celebrity to question the crypto exchange, according to the lawyer handling a class-action lawsuit against several FTX promoters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2023 at 4:15:19 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Mission146
Yeah? What's my alternative? Just do the Evangelical thing and present my opinions as incontrovertible fact without citing anything?

I often preface a citation with, "Assuming this is true," as it is.

Obviously, I'm cognizant of the fact that some things are probably untrue, but the alternative would be to simply not even attempt to discuss things in an intelligent way.

Those are good questions and no obvious answers.

I think the key is related to absolute truth (absolute reality) versus relative truth (self-reality).
April 19th, 2023 at 6:47:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Re the nudist cruise…. As much as I wouldn’t want to subject the general public to my naked body, it’s just not comfortable to walk around naked. And having seen naked bodies my entire career, the vast majority are not pleasant to look at. For me, an attractive woman in a skimpy bikini is more than enough to interest me. I’ll let ams answer about whether he prefers a man au natural or in a tight Speedo….

Would make packing easier though….