In the News II

April 16th, 2023 at 7:02:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
Quote: ams288
Quote:
Breaking via the @wsj: "Fox has made a late push to settle the [Dominion lawsuit] out of court, people familiar with the situation said Sunday."

The
One can only imagine how much money they are willing to offer to stop this trial. It has to be staggering…

The most unavailable president ever.

"But Joe Biden? He’s held just 11 during his 26 months in office, putting him on pace to hold 20-22 press conferences, or about half the number Trump provided, and about one-third the number of Obama."

Do you really believe that ‘number of press conferences’ and ‘how good a job the President is doing’ correlate? There are so many ways a President can disseminate information/his policies/his agenda/his feelings about the opposition party….

What don’t you know about Biden?
April 17th, 2023 at 4:25:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
Breaking via the @wsj: "Fox has made a late push to settle the [Dominion lawsuit] out of court, people familiar with the situation said Sunday."

The
One can only imagine how much money they are willing to offer to stop this trial. It has to be staggering…

"But Joe Biden? He’s held just 11 during his 26 months in office, putting him on pace to hold 20-22 press conferences, or about half the number Trump provided, and about one-third the number of Obama."

What in the world does this have to do with the Dominion vs. Fox trial?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 17th, 2023 at 9:03:21 AM permalink
ams288
Quote:

Trial was supposed to start today, has been delayed by one day.

The only reason they would delay this late in the game is if there were some serious settlement discussions occurring behind the scenes.

Better open up that checkbook, Fox!
April 17th, 2023 at 11:17:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote:

Trial was supposed to start today, has been delayed by one day.

The only reason they would delay this late in the game is if there were some serious settlement discussions occurring behind the scenes.

Better open up that checkbook, Fox!

One billion sounds like a nice number
I wouldn't settle for anything less considering how strong the case is
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 17th, 2023 at 11:41:34 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
"That's why I walked away from the plantation of the Democratic Party".
April 17th, 2023 at 11:55:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote:

The

And when he is available he answers almost no questions. Compared to Trump who answered every question put to him no matter how long it took. Biden is the shadiest, smelliest, slimiest crooked politician we've ever had in that office. Every single day more information comes out on the Biden crime family that is totally ignored by the major media. If Joe Biden tells you the sun is shining you better look out the window to make sure because he's probably lying about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 17th, 2023 at 11:58:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
No doubt the worst President we ever had.

It's not even close.

He's as corrupt as they come.
April 17th, 2023 at 2:03:14 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

One billion sounds like a nice number
I wouldn't settle for anything less considering how strong the case is

I disagree, I would settle for $999 million if it was offered. If it goes to a jury you never know what will happen.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 18th, 2023 at 6:35:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote:

The

That's fine; I'd prefer to NOT hear from Biden than to hear from Trump.

According to this:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/presidential-news-conferences

35 of those press conferences of Trump's were between 2020-2021. I don't have a very good memory, could you possibly remind me of what might have been going on during that range?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 18th, 2023 at 1:14:46 PM permalink
ams288
Wow!!!!

Quote:
BREAKING:

In a stunning move, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems and Fox reached a last-minute settlement.

They literally just seated the jury and were about to start opening statements!

One can only imagine how much money Fox just lost…