September 8th, 2023 at 2:27:28 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: PotPie
I grew up in the same town as high level Trump Advisor Pete Navarro
he's on trial for contempt now - it's front page news
I would see him around on the hoops courts

my old hoops cohort was convicted
the little guy will be sentenced in Sept.
he made some very bad decisions
but I feel for him
good luck Pete

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/peter-navarro-contempt-of-congress-january-6-committee-subpoena/index.html

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
September 8th, 2023 at 7:48:36 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: Riverjordan
I'll admit, Danny Masterson REALLY shocked me. He was so cool as the iconic Hyde from That 70's Show. Shame how far he has fallen. ☹️🫨

Both Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis wrote letters tot eh judge asking for leniency. These freakin' Hollywood types...
September 8th, 2023 at 8:39:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: GenoDRPh
Both Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis wrote letters tot eh judge asking for leniency. These freakin' Hollywood types...

If that's leniency, I don't want to know what hard time is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 2:00:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Heartwarming story out of Minnesota.

Anti-police politician who voted to defund the police and called for the dismantling of the Minneapolis PD, was carjacked at gunpoint and beaten to a pulp in her own driveway.

'Sathanandan, the vice chair for the Democrat Party in Minnesota, virulently advocated for the dismantling of the Minneapolis Police Department even as neighborhoods in the city were burned to the ground by #BLM-#Antifa rioters.'

They cut her face and broke her leg as her four children watched. In her own words "this is the face of a mother who just had the sh$t beaten out of her"

Took one for her team and now she going full MAGA and calling for the city to be taken back.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1699883282735788414/photo/4
September 9th, 2023 at 6:05:29 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: Tanko
Heartwarming story out of Minnesota.

Anti-police politician who voted to defund the police and called for the dismantling of the Minneapolis PD, was carjacked at gunpoint and beaten to a pulp in her own driveway.

'Sathanandan, the vice chair for the Democrat Party in Minnesota, virulently advocated for the dismantling of the Minneapolis Police Department even as neighborhoods in the city were burned to the ground by #BLM-#Antifa rioters.'

They cut her face and broke her leg as her four children watched. In her own words "this is the face of a mother who just had the sh$t beaten out of her"

Took one for her team and now she going full MAGA and calling for the city to be taken back.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1699883282735788414/photo/4

I don't blame her for wanting to reverse her terrible decision to dismantle the Police after she was violently beaten up and had her leg broken while her Children watched. You never know how bad your decision was until it ends up affecting YOU personally, such as say a California Politician saying something like,"Let Shoplifters steal from stores without calling the Cops on them," only for the same Shoplifters to break into their personal house and rob them and then THEY call the Cops.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 9th, 2023 at 12:12:45 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Jacobins in action
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 9th, 2023 at 12:14:45 PM permalink
rquiredusername
It takes a certain type of human being to rejoice in that.
September 10th, 2023 at 9:11:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Things that are reported as scandals, that don't seem particularly scandalous. The lady that just lost the US open (came in second) was filmed in the locker room smashing her racket to pieces. Sheesh, I think it's fine she held it in until she got to the locker room. Many players have busted it right on the court.

Quite possibly it is far more frustrating coming that close to 1st than any other position in the finals.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2023 at 11:46:10 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Things that are reported as scandals, that don't seem particularly scandalous. The lady that just lost the US open (came in second) was filmed in the locker room smashing her racket to pieces. Sheesh, I think it's fine she held it in until she got to the locker room. Many players have busted it right on the court.

Quite possibly it is far more frustrating coming that close to 1st than any other position in the finals.

Second place is still good. Smashing her racket to pieces=BAD.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 11th, 2023 at 12:29:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Riverjordan
Second place is still good. Smashing her racket to pieces=BAD.

At least the US open still gives a standard trophy for 2nd...just smaller. Wimbledon, they get a plate for 2nd. From which to eat crow perhaps.