In the News II

December 14th, 2023 at 7:46:38 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
I think so, because we are being told only white people can be racist

Shows how much the pinheads know. The mayor of Boston isn't black...
December 14th, 2023 at 7:46:38 AM permalink
GenoDRPh

December 14th, 2023 at 7:53:33 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30

I think it's a decoy to detract attention to what is really going on.

One reason is, because Caucasians are a global minority.
December 14th, 2023 at 8:11:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold

What are you talking about? Who cares if we're a global minority or even a minority in this country? We have a Constitution that demands all people be equal under the law, so let's just f****** do that. lol
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 14th, 2023 at 8:24:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I'm writing an AI program right now.

I was fortunate to have access to one of the first IBM PC clones.

When I first became aware of the racial issue, is when MSFT passed me up when I applied years ago.

At the time, I was in R & D for a publicly traded firm.

They were hiring engineers from India.

The global percentage of that race is much higher than Caucasians.

Since then, it has increased drastically, even though Caucasians are a minority.

They say there is a shortage of coders in the USA, but that's not true.
December 14th, 2023 at 8:37:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Mission146

What are you talking about? Who cares if we're a global minority or even a minority in this country? We have a Constitution that demands all people be equal under the law, so let's just f****** do that. lol

I believe in equality, not equal equity.

By the way, I read that article you wrote about Hasbro.

I liked it.

Can you provide the link again?
December 14th, 2023 at 8:48:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I believe in equality, not equal equity.

By the way, I read that article you wrote about Hasbro.

I liked it.

Can you provide the link again?

Thank you for the compliment!

There were two:

https://wizardofodds.com/online-gambling/articles/collectibles-investment-confidence-game-or-gamble/

https://wizardofodds.com/online-gambling/articles/hasbro-stock-on-a-substantial-decline-could-the-end-be-near/

They're basically as much as where they were at the time I wrote the second one, but the stock had soared, briefly. There will be a new article coming out in the relatively near future; I'm probably going to wait for year-end numbers, at this point. I'd have obviously dumped around $60 if I had taken a position at the time I wrote the article.

They're still up nearly 10% since then (as of literally this minute) but are somewhat volatile. Top brass sucks and keeps shooting itself in the foot. Absolutely baffling decision-making, in some regards. They had a crossover with LotR earlier this year that absolutely knocked it out of the park, but they can't seem to not f*** up everything else they do. They (probably inadvertently) did an Amazon product dump, below wholesale, on a product that hasn't even been released yet!!!

Just unbelievable amounts of incompetence. Still, I'd call them a buy at $45, or below. The company is safe for all of the reasons stated in the second article; none of that has changed.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 14th, 2023 at 9:06:14 AM permalink
GenoDRPh

What civics class did you take that taught you that the Constitution applies to invitations to a private gathering?
December 14th, 2023 at 9:17:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: GenoDRPh

What civics class did you take that taught you that the Constitution applies to invitations to a private gathering?

A private gathering of Elected officials, hosted by the Mayor, with invitations sent out on official channels?

Listen, this is why I requested you not talk to me. I simply can't take your posts seriously. If I want to hear shill-speak, then I can just read more left-leaning publications than I presently do.

Also, it's Boston, so I don't really care. I don't live in Boston. It's not even really that offensive. I just hope that we can eventually come back around to where the goal is for race, sex, gender, etc...just to not matter, in most things.

I guess I could also make the point of how would you feel if I hosted a private party where I made an effort to say only white people are allowed, but it's a pointless comparison; I'd never host such a party because I'm not a racist @$$40!3!!!
December 14th, 2023 at 9:56:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: GenoDRPh

Deflection again

Michelle Wu did something very racist, but will claim it's not racist BECAUSE only white people can be racist. Geno deflects and pretends he can't make the connection.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]