In the News II

December 10th, 2023 at 2:28:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
What "issues?"

Clerk's mainly do legal research for the managing attorneys and don't prepare final pleadings or argue cases in court.

So long as he was legally permitted to work at age seventeen I see no issues.

You probably know better than me if you are an attorney, but don't you have to be 18 to attest to receiving certain docs? And, don't you have to be 18 to view certain docs (like stuff showing extreme violence and graphic stuff.) That seems like it could be a huge limitation in a prosecuting office. I am pretty sure even to be a notary you have to be 18 for this reason (which is far less intensive than what he was doing.)
December 10th, 2023 at 7:09:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Gandler
You probably know better than me if you are an attorney, but don't you have to be 18 to attest to receiving certain docs? And, don't you have to be 18 to view certain docs (like stuff showing extreme violence and graphic stuff.) That seems like it could be a huge limitation in a prosecuting office. I am pretty sure even to be a notary you have to be 18 for this reason (which is far less intensive than what he was doing.)

He worked as a law clerk for several months before turning eighteen and learning he'd passed the California bar exam.

As a clerk he would NOT have been asked to notarize documents nor attest to having received them; he need not be a notary.

As I posted above, his duties would confine him to the law library, or perhaps in this digital age to his computer for purposes of doing legal research.

Often times law clerks do rough drafts of legal memos which they give to the attorneys for them to modify and use as they wish.

I am unaware of any law or regulation that would prevent him from viewing whatever documents his boss told him to look at, but if there were such a prohibition they'd know about it and arrange his work load accordingly.

Whatever, it was one hell of an accomplishment and something for him to be very proud of.

But will he be a trial attorney, craving action and adrenalin, or a behind the scenes brainiac avoiding the limelight?
December 13th, 2023 at 3:50:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tesla unveils an undated humanoid robot that can pick up an egg without crushing it. It can also crush a human femur. Then it laughs like a robotic Elon Musk.

(Only first sentence is true, although who knows about the other stuff, heh.)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2023 at 6:04:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I found the Tesla truck recent hoopla weird. I don't know why you would feature that the doors are bullet resistant. They're trying to sell it to bank robbers?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 13th, 2023 at 6:09:16 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It might come in handy if a revolution or civil war occur.
December 13th, 2023 at 6:11:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I found the Tesla truck recent hoopla weird. I don't know why you would feature that the doors are bullet resistant. They're trying to sell it to bank robbers?

Useful in a drive-by. Also perfect for road ragers.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2023 at 6:18:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit

I am quite amused by how poorly designed the cyber truck seems to be.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2023 at 6:21:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Is the hideousness intentional?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 13th, 2023 at 7:15:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Is the hideousness intentional?

Apparently designed out of leftover sheet metal from Space X.
December 13th, 2023 at 10:46:01 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Sort of like the bastard spawn of a Delorean.

Tesla is known for lousy fit and finish issues.

Styling issues aside: is the "bed" big enough to be really useful for folks used to F-150's?