In the News II

December 17th, 2023 at 5:25:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
The first video shows the CNN host trying to interrupt Vivek as he responds to her question.

The second shows Federal law enforcement firing rubber bullets and teargas grenades into the crowd of peaceful demonstrators.

Had McCarthy allowed Republican members to participate in the Jan 6 heatings, we would have see this sooner.

'CNN Town Hall Host Tries To Disrupt Vivek Ramaswamy As He Reveals Truth Behind J6'

He wants civil service workers to have term limits of 8 years and run the government like a business. No reason for government to run like a business if it doesn't pay comparable salaries which means more taxes, or the business completely fails.

OTOH, I would like to see another experiment where a moderate size city runs the entire government just like a business. Everyone who thinks that's the dream ought to give it actuality, instead of just yapping.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2023 at 7:19:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The first video shows the CNN host trying to interrupt Vivek as he responds to her question.

The second shows Federal law enforcement firing rubber bullets and teargas grenades into the crowd of peaceful demonstrators.

Had McCarthy allowed Republican members to participate in the Jan 6 heatings, we would have see this sooner.

'CNN Town Hall Host Tries To Disrupt Vivek Ramaswamy As He Reveals Truth Behind J6'

Okay, what are we claiming here?

Jan. 6th was just a peaceful protest? An inside job? It’s hard keeping track of your bulls*** conspiracy theories, guys!

I think it’s a shame they used rubber bullets and not the real thing. Too many domestic terrorists got off easy that day…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 17th, 2023 at 8:01:12 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Search for:

U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Tarik "T.K." Johnson.

He was just interviewed again but the article I read this morning was scrubbed off the internet.

I might have to check the wayback.
December 17th, 2023 at 10:41:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
... I would like to see another experiment where a moderate size city runs the entire government just like a business. Everyone who thinks that's the dream ought to give it actuality, instead of just yapping.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg did that successfully for twelve years in NYC. He appointed top proven business leaders to key positions. After the left office, all his appointees were replaced by political hacks and government efficiency and the quality of life in the city quickly deteriorated.
December 17th, 2023 at 10:49:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Mayor Mike Bloomberg did that successfully for twelve years in NYC. He appointed top proven business leaders to key positions. After the left office, all his appointees were replaced by political hacks and government efficiency and the quality of life in the city quickly deteriorated.

I don’t think you can run a city like a real business not without some major changes. You can run a city better, but that doesn’t mean it works like a business.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2023 at 10:57:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rquiredusername
RX with a collection of the most ludicrous analogies I have ever seen.

I like all these better, but didn’t write them.

Quote:
The little boat gently drifted across the pond, exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't."
"From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality to it ... like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 pm instead of 7:30 pm."
"Her eyes were like two brown circles with big, black dots in the center."
"He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree."
"Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward one another, like two freight trains – one having left Cleveland at 6:36 pm traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 pm at a speed of 35 mph."
“Non-toxic = edible, right?”
"The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon."
"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up."
"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."
December 17th, 2023 at 11:05:36 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

Okay, what are we claiming here?

Jan. 6th was just a peaceful protest? An inside job? It’s hard keeping track of your bulls*** conspiracy theories, guys!

I think it’s a shame they used rubber bullets and not the real thing. Too many domestic terrorists got off easy that day…

Whenever these conspiratorial pinheads say their nonsense, I am reminded of the shrink in The Terminator after interviewing Reese:

Dr. Peter Silberman : "You see how clever his part is? How it doesn't require a shred of proof? Most paranoid delusions are intricate, but this is brilliant!"
December 17th, 2023 at 11:06:05 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DoubleGold
Search for:

U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Tarik "T.K." Johnson.

He was just interviewed again but the article I read this morning was scrubbed off the internet.

I might have to check the wayback.

This is the reason the lefties think everything is fake news. Censorship is a very effective weapon, if I don't find it on the internet it didn't happen. This also illustrates how quickly something is scrubbed. You can't be informed if you don't actively seek out news from the full political spectrum and off shore. Then you can make an informed decision on the issue. If we disagree after that we can agree to disagree and respect each others position.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 17th, 2023 at 11:13:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Scrub a dub dub.

Quote:
Lt. T.K. Johnson is a former Capitol Police lieutenant who was present during the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol building. According to an article by **NBC News**, Johnson was seen wearing a red MAGA hat during the attack and leading a procession of officers in riot gear down the stairs and through the crowd ¹. Johnson's actions have been the subject of much debate, with some arguing that they are evidence of a far too cozy relationship between law enforcement and the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol, while others on the right argue that they are evidence that members of the Oath Keepers assisted law enforcement on Jan. 6 and that the charges against them are overblown ¹.

As for what Johnson has claimed, according to an article by **GPB News**, Johnson has stated that he believes the January 6 attack on the Capitol "could not happen" without the permission of certain individuals ². Johnson has also expressed concerns about whistleblower protection within the Capitol Police and has called for further investigation into the events of January 6 ³.
December 17th, 2023 at 1:09:36 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: kenarman
This is the reason the lefties think everything is fake news. Censorship is a very effective weapon, if I don't find it on the internet it didn't happen. This also illustrates how quickly something is scrubbed. You can't be informed if you don't actively seek out news from the full political spectrum and off shore. Then you can make an informed decision on the issue. If we disagree after that we can agree to disagree and respect each others position.

I see resemblances of the Vietnam War era.

You can begin to see the universities uprising.

The draft comes next.

In regards to censorship, if I were Elon, I'd have about ten bodyguards.

How many bodyguards did JFK and Reagan have?