In the News II

April 16th, 2024 at 7:17:18 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
You just can’t ever get anything right, can you?

I was done in 5 years.

Oh, you took one of the easier disciplines. Now I understand why you are so touchy about wanting to have your education recognized.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2024 at 7:38:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Oh, you took one of the easier disciplines. Now I understand why you are so touchy about wanting to have your education recognized.

What would you consider to be “easier disciplines?”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 16th, 2024 at 8:06:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

You go first, what is your degree in and what school?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2024 at 8:18:37 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0

For me:
BS Pharmacy Massachusetts College of Pharmacy 1993
PharmD Massachusetts College of Pharmacy 2006
MPH Boston University 2013

I assure you, none were easy disciplines. Hard STEM the entire way. Allowed me to make a good salary-enough that I don't dream of getting higher paying job to make ends meet. If that's 'indoctrination", I'll take two.
April 16th, 2024 at 8:40:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Nope, you made the statement. Back it up.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 16th, 2024 at 3:33:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Personally I would consider anything in the Liber Arts or Business degree as an easier discipline. I am always impressed by Biomedical Engineers. Of course, my degree is in the Liberal Arts as I ended up with a Bachelor of General Studies.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 17th, 2024 at 3:37:12 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Sasha finally figured it out.

Good for her.

It's possible 80% of all registered Democrats will swap sides because it's so obvious.

---------------------

The Lawfare made me a Trump supporter

APR 13, 2024
Six years ago, I stood a few feet away from Joe Biden at a fundraiser and was certain he was the only person who could save this country from Donald Trump in 2020.

However, by the end of the election, I would leave the Democratic Party for good. I saw them as corrupt, too powerful, and dangerous to the very democracy they now claim they want to protect.

Now, I wake up every morning in a panic that our last best hope of ending the monopoly of power on the Left rests on the imperfect shoulders of Donald Trump.

So I guess that finally makes me a Trump supporter.

It was a long, slow slide that started with simply humanizing Trump and the MAGA movement and believe me, just that alone upset my friends and family. They’re evil, they believe, because that’s what the media tells them every second of every day.
https://sashastone.substack.com/p/the-lawfare-made-me-a-trump-supporter

---------------------
April 17th, 2024 at 4:50:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DoubleGold
Sasha finally figured it out.

Good for her.

It's possible 80% of all registered Democrats will swap sides because it's so obvious.

---------------------

The Lawfare made me a Trump supporter

APR 13, 2024
Six years ago, I stood a few feet away from Joe Biden at a fundraiser and was certain he was the only person who could save this country from Donald Trump in 2020.

However, by the end of the election, I would leave the Democratic Party for good. I saw them as corrupt, too powerful, and dangerous to the very democracy they now claim they want to protect.

Now, I wake up every morning in a panic that our last best hope of ending the monopoly of power on the Left rests on the imperfect shoulders of Donald Trump.

So I guess that finally makes me a Trump supporter.

It was a long, slow slide that started with simply humanizing Trump and the MAGA movement and believe me, just that alone upset my friends and family. They’re evil, they believe, because that’s what the media tells them every second of every day.
https://sashastone.substack.com/p/the-lawfare-made-me-a-trump-supporter

---------------------

For every one of these stories I can find you a dozen examples of those who just hate Trump so much that they will vote for the very flawed Democrat candidate no matter who or she it is. I believe around half of our active posters here fall into that category. Maybe more importantly are people like me, who would traditionally vote Republican but just won’t vote for Trump.
April 17th, 2024 at 5:02:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
For every one of these stories I can find you a dozen examples of those who just hate Trump so much that they will vote for the very flawed Democrat candidate no matter who or she it is. I believe around half of our active posters here fall into that category. Maybe more importantly are people like me, who would traditionally vote Republican but just won’t vote for Trump.

The last part I do not get. What policies of Trump are you so against that you either did not vote or voted for Biden instead?

I do agree on the irrational Trump hate. Part of this I place on the feminization of American society since the 1970s. Too many people just cannot stand to have a man talk like a man and explain things as they are. This got worse after the Cold War ended and we had some attitude of we cannot call any other nation an "enemy." People have gotten such that if a person does not toe the PC line they are to be banished.

There is also the "packaging" thing. Obama had zero record of anything but some people just liked the way he talked and looked so much. His speeches put me to sleep but some people, oh they got enchanted by them. We have gotten to where maybe we should just have Proctor & Gamble package candidates nice and pretty.
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2024 at 5:04:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: SOOPOO

Possibly 80% of Democrats but 0% of RINOs.

Trump is really a historical Democrat.

Spend, spend, spend, etc.

That's why he gets into financial trouble all the time and needs to be bailed out often.

He's not too bad on redistribution of assets though.

We really need a person that will sacrifice self to bring the debt down before it's too late.

He's not unselfish enough to do it.