In the News II

May 4th, 2023 at 6:06:47 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
I actually like some of the major banks now.

Hopefully too big to fail.

Still have JPM, C and BNS.
May 4th, 2023 at 6:19:27 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
Sound monetary policy from the Fed.

The money supply has only declined 2.9% since July 2022. It increased at fourteen times that rate during the pandemic. The Fed has to reduce it in order to bring down inflation.

Good info.

I'm pretty sure banks are obsolete.

They have historically provided trust and safety of funds.

One bad thing about banks is they are centralized.

That implies control over citizens.

With the decentralized invention of encrypted block-chains (Bitcoin), the banks can no longer have control over citizens.

But they'll likely try to ban it through government influence.
May 4th, 2023 at 6:25:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: DoubleGold
I read, folks from all over the world intend to fly to the border to enter.

Bad actors coming in every hour. Borders officers reporting military age Chinese males crossing in large numbers. Up 900%. Concern the Chinese government is sending them here for special operations.

Maybe they want to open more Chinese government police stations in the US.

After FBI busts Chinese ‘police station’ in NYC, six more exposed in US

'Reporter says he filmed hundreds of military-age Chinese men heading toward US in migrant groups'

'Border Patrol reports a 900% spike in Chinese migrants crossing at the southern border'

It is a lot easier to fly here, as most Chinese illegals do, but crossing the border as an illegal, doesn't require a passport or ID.
May 4th, 2023 at 6:25:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Paramount getting crushed pre-market after numbers came out.

Cutting dividend.

I use Netflix, Amazon, & Apple for streaming movies.

I had Paramount but canceled it.

I use You-Tube, but suffer through the commercials.

By the way, Apple has $1B in savings deposits for persons.

Very unusual.

Get a Roku box or TV. Too many free choices to mention. As long as you like older movies, which I do.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2023 at 7:01:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Bad actors coming in every hour. Borders officers reporting military age Chinese males crossing in large numbers. Up 900%. Concern the Chinese government is sending them here for special operations.

'Reporter says he filmed hundreds of military-age Chinese men heading toward US in migrant groups'

'Border Patrol reports a 900% spike in Chinese migrants crossing at the southern border'

It is a lot easier to fly here, as most Chinese illegals do, but crossing the border as an illegal, doesn't require a passport or ID.

I hope they plan to open more Chinese restaurants. Where I live in Florida there are surprisingly few Chinese takeout places.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 4th, 2023 at 7:30:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
WAL (bank) is crashing.

Circuit breakers.

This is the one Ken Griffin put 5% in around $19 per share.
May 4th, 2023 at 8:10:04 AM permalink
DoubleGold

It's terrible.

One has to consider if the persons calling the shots are compromised by foreign governments.

The world will want Trump back ASAP to stop the war.

Like for example Victor Orban from Hungary.
May 4th, 2023 at 8:11:17 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: AZDuffman
Get a Roku box or TV. Too many free choices to mention. As long as you like older movies, which I do.

I like old movies.

Thanks for the info.
May 4th, 2023 at 8:23:43 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Quote: DRich

I hope they plan to open more Chinese restaurants. Where I live in Florida there are surprisingly few Chinese takeout places.

Read about this a while back, but about New York. Gradually fewer Chinese restaurants in the US is a trend based on the success placed on education in culture, many first or second generation immigrants, their children who probably grew up working in the restaurants have many more options available, net result fewer Chinese restaurants.
May 4th, 2023 at 8:31:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
The strategy is to keep him from being elected President.

If that's on his record, many won't vote for him.

If there's anyone still voting for Trump, at this point, I think Trump could come out and say that he raped her and it wouldn't swing any of them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman