In the News II

June 3rd, 2023 at 6:37:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I've heard his staff has to lead him around the White House like he'sa blind person because he's constantly tripping because he's old and frail and that's what happens.

Which voice in your head told you that?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 3rd, 2023 at 8:18:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
My rights are on the chopping block every time the evil republicans win a national election.

I know that I am very fortunate, but the key is to just not care what others believe and continue living your life to the best of your ability.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 4th, 2023 at 2:47:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I doubt the numbers will be different than pre-COVID, most people pay, some people simply won't.

People who continued to pay during COVID will probably be well off because they drilled it down with no interest accumulating.

That is the point. How many people made payment to lower their debt interest free?

How many made "payments to themselves" into investments that gave a few % return and will now make a jumbo payment?

And how many let their gift from the public be an excuse to grow their living costs to the point they now cannot afford to pay?

The last group will be interesting to watch. They are the ones waiting out student loan forgiveness. They are the ones who will jump through hoops hoping to qualify for a forgiveness program instead of just making their payments. I do not get them at all.
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2023 at 3:33:17 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
That is the point. How many people made payment to lower their debt interest free?

How many made "payments to themselves" into investments that gave a few % return and will now make a jumbo payment?

And how many let their gift from the public be an excuse to grow their living costs to the point they now cannot afford to pay?

The last group will be interesting to watch. They are the ones waiting out student loan forgiveness. They are the ones who will jump through hoops hoping to qualify for a forgiveness program instead of just making their payments. I do not get them at all.

Ehhh that applies to most debt I would guess, I don't understand the obsession with student debt. If anything student debt is already held to a different standard because you can't even discharge during BK and it never goes away regardless of how long you don't pay. And, most forgiveness programs require over a decade of payments (and if you miss one you are out of luck).

But if the argument is that most Americans are financially illiterate I would agree.
June 4th, 2023 at 3:34:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold

Death by Injection: Top insurance researcher provides data showing staggering numbers

6/2/3023

Using data from the United Kingdom, a top insurance industry analyst estimates 600,000 Americans per year are dying from the Covid shots
this claim seems to have come from a tweet, though a newspaper article could have been used [edit]

Quote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
The Vigilant Fox 🦊
@VigilantFox
‘The One Chart That Tells the Entire Story’: Analysis Shows 26% Worse Mortality Among the Vaccinated

And “the people who are under the age of 50 who took the vaccine now have a 49% higher mortality rate,” stated top insurance analyst Josh Stirling.

"And if you were to take these numbers and just apply them to the United States, that ends up being something like 600,000 excess deaths per year in the United States from this higher vaccine-induced mortality.”
Now I do have to ask you if you believe this person applied the analysis correctly ... and just if you believe that number

the naked statistics are unusable since there is no control attached; you'd need to know for the 26% you had a control group that did not get vaccinated and had the same initial risk factors exactly. I think we know there is no such control group. I'd expect to find those taking the vaccine were at high risk due to co-comorbidities. If so, if they had not taken the vaccine their higher mortality could have been even higher.

Taking a tweet and making an article out of it is just junk journalism.

In case you haven't guessed, I have little sympathy for anti-vax. Certainly not to the point where I just accept crap. What sympathy I do have is for the opposition some have for having to take a vaccine to keep their job. And I guess against coercion to take vaccines generally for everybody, which maybe some advocated. Yet I think sometimes certain employers were right to demand it
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 4th, 2023 at 3:45:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit
June 4th, 2023 at 5:15:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
From the same reference.

Ask yourself why there is very little transparency.

----------------------

The United States has become one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to medical transparency. But one smart analyst has found an end-run around the U.S. system that places a dark shroud of secrecy over common statistics.

The U.K. has been more transparent with its data. And that’s where some are going to get stats that allow them to calculate the number of excess deaths in the U.S. since the roll out of the controversial Covid jabs two and a half years ago.

----------------------

I look at data a little differently.

I mostly use intuition (spiritual wisdom with a conscience as a governor affecting the flow).

Any data that enters the mind can be deceptive.

Clearly, very little of the data is transparent.

Here are the risks:

(1) Taking the vaccine

(2) Catching something in the vaccine from a person that was vaccinated.

I have not seen a reason to take a non-tested vaccine that the human body's immune system was designed to prevent.
June 4th, 2023 at 5:28:59 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
These 2021 paper authors had access to the same risk info the medical system had.

It's frightening to know that a person "could" transmit the vaccine effects through "trans-generational transmission".

Also, check the "Unprecedented" below.

--------------------------

Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19

Abstract
We finish by addressing a common point of
debate, namely, whether or not these vaccines could modify the DNA of those receiving the vaccination. While
there are no studies demonstrating definitively that this is happening, we provide a plausible scenario,
supported by previously established pathways for transformation and transport of genetic material, whereby
injected mRNA could ultimately be incorporated into germ cell DNA for transgenerational transmission.
Page 2:
Unprecedented

Many aspects of Covid-19 and subsequent
vaccine development are unprecedented for a
vaccine deployed for use in the general
population. Some of these includes the
following.

1. First to use PEG (polyethylene glycol) in an
injection (see text)

2. First to use mRNA vaccine technology
against an infectious agent

3. First time Moderna has brought any product
to market

4. First to have public health officials telling
those receiving the vaccination to expect an
adverse reaction

5. First to be implemented publicly with
nothing more than preliminary efficacy data
(see text)

6. First vaccine to make no clear claims about
reducing infections, transmissibility, or
deaths

7. First coronavirus vaccine ever attempted in
humans

8. First injection of genetically modified
polynucleotides in the general population
https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/2021/SeneffNigh_mRNA_vaccines_IJVTPR.pdf

--------------------------
June 4th, 2023 at 8:15:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Life expectancy in in the US has been dropping since the 1950s

https://apple.news/A65FvAgISSEKUkkowEqDY-g
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2023 at 10:14:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Life expectancy in in the US has been dropping since the 1950s

https://apple.news/A65FvAgISSEKUkkowEqDY-g
I keep wondering if you are a journalist?

Life expectancy in the US has steadily increased, as we all know. There has been a recent leveling off of this, a short period of decline I believe, due to Covid and Drug deaths. Read the article again, which is actually from USA Today. What has declined is the *ranking* the US has. We have gone from 12th in the world in longevity to much lower. Personally, this concerns me very little.

As for my statement above, see the link, there is a CDC chart about 1/3 of the way down that can't be linked to separately.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualization/mortality-trends/index.htm
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]