In the News II

June 5th, 2023 at 5:05:55 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Occasionally, we can read articles where a flock of birds all of the sudden fall out of the sky, dead.

But it was happening before 5G.

Might be during 3G or 4G when it began.

Can view a "#SuddenDeath" thread on Twitter, but might have to be a member.

I think they changed the algo recently, because I used to be able to view it.

In this case, the Sudden Death are humans, not birds nor other animals.
June 5th, 2023 at 5:10:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

In the meantime, once the data for all the transgender medical experiments comes in, for which we have no data at all now, we may find we've reduced life expectancy down to 79 for the 60 yo's. That will be blamed on conservatives.

More likely you're initiating the next big thing for teens to annoy their elders with. "Turn down that rock n roll" "Why can't you cut your hair" "Why can't you look like one sex."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2023 at 5:34:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
from wikipedia link , chart by Spooderman89

two remarkable things: the 1918 flu epidemic effect [wow] and the Hispanic life expectancy. The latter has to be boosting California's good stats

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_life_expectancy#
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 5th, 2023 at 5:38:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
from wikipedia link , chart by Spooderman89

two remarkable things: the 1918 flu epidemic effect [wow] and the Hispanic life expectancy. The latter has to be boosting California's good stats

And Florida
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2023 at 5:45:15 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Those numbers are fudged.

Life begins before birth.

So California (and other sanctuary strongholds) would likely be the worst and Hispanics likely the best (Catholicism).

-----------------------

When Human Life Begins

American College of Pediatricians – March 2017

ABSTRACT: The predominance of human biological research confirms that human life begins at conception—fertilization. At fertilization, the human being emerges as a whole, genetically distinct, individuated zygotic living human organism, a member of the species Homo sapiens, needing only the proper environment in order to grow and develop. The difference between the individual in its adult stage and in its zygotic stage is one of form, not nature. This statement focuses on the scientific evidence of when an individual human life begins.
https://acpeds.org/position-statements/when-human-life-begins

------------------------
June 5th, 2023 at 6:12:27 AM permalink
DoubleGold
If we take the life of an bald eagle, we can go to prison.

If we take a large portion of the bald eagle eggs and eat them, then the bald eagles might live longer.
June 5th, 2023 at 7:05:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DoubleGold
Those numbers are fudged.

Life begins before birth.

So California (and other sanctuary strongholds) would likely be the worst and Hispanics likely the best (Catholicism).

-----------------------

When Human Life Begins

American College of Pediatricians – March 2017

ABSTRACT: The predominance of human biological research confirms that human life begins at conception—fertilization. At fertilization, the human being emerges as a whole, genetically distinct, individuated zygotic living human organism, a member of the species Homo sapiens, needing only the proper environment in order to grow and develop. The difference between the individual in its adult stage and in its zygotic stage is one of form, not nature. This statement focuses on the scientific evidence of when an individual human life begins.
https://acpeds.org/position-statements/when-human-life-begins

------------------------

You ever see the movie "Sophie's Choice" It's a movie that eventually winds up about a woman going into a Nazi concentration camp with her two young children. A Nazi officer makes a cruel offer to save her children from the oven. He promises to save one, but she has to decide which one right there at that moment or they both die. She does make a decision.

I'm assuming if you had one child in your arms and two live frozen embyos in a vat in the other hand, you give up the child becasue 2 is more valuable. Fine with me, but I don't place value on early life any more than I think crushing a acorn in someone's yard is the same as destroying an oak tree in their yard. Only a fool would pay the owner of a acorn the price of replacing an entire Oak tree. Nor am I paying someone 40 years of investment interest on the 10 dollars they lost.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2023 at 7:19:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Longevity is likely related to sleep.

So if I were to prevent the birth of my living children, I'd likely get more sleep and live longer because of not having to work as hard and long.

It's a form of extreme selfishness.

Because my life revolves around me, me, me, ... is worth more than my living unborn children.

I am entitled to get it paid too, by the government (have workers getting less sleep pay for it).

Because I'm the only one that counts (not the ones working longer), in my world.
June 5th, 2023 at 7:28:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Nor am I paying someone 40 years of investment interest on the 10 dollars they lost.

But you are paying for similar loses all the time although indirectly. Future lost earnings are part of many wrongful death settlements in court. Insurance companies are paying these claims which means that these cost are recovered from their customers including yourself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 5th, 2023 at 7:54:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
But you are paying for similar loses all the time although indirectly. Future lost earnings are part of many wrongful death settlements in court. Insurance companies are paying these claims which means that these cost are recovered from their customers including yourself.

Yup. We've already established value closer to actual results with adults who have a track record. Are they giving a life prisioner the same injury award as someone on the outside working a high value profession and loss of valuables, etc., i hope not.

I can say very little about a 30mm size potential life.

This means I can agree with some of this lawsuits more than others. People that survive an accident should be compensated for earnings based on their previous profession and loss of it.

Even an acorn is worth something. Just don't oversell what it's worth.