BUD (the King of Beers)

Page 1 of 231234>Last »
April 7th, 2023 at 6:09:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I wondered why BUD would make a decision to alienate their customer base, so this thread is related to them being in trouble.

First of all, they have about $80B in total debt.

Then they already control about 1/3 of the beer market.

Biden's recent executive order (see below) related to anti-trust competition, directly addresses beer.

Lastly, the word King is in their slogan, so that could be considered politically incorrect (anti-woke).

So apparently, BUD is using a transgender image on beer cans, that the Biden admin is likewise aggressively promoting, while the Biden admin toughens their stance on free beer trade.

The key here is having too much debt so they value increasing market share through the Biden admin, more than they do by alienating their customer base.

In other words, they're in a bind.

-----------------------------------

Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy

JULY 09, 2021
(j) To protect the vibrancy of the American markets for beer, wine, and spirits, and to improve market access for smaller, independent, and new operations, the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Chair of the FTC, not later than 120 days after the date of this order, shall submit a report to the Chair of the White House Competition Council, assessing the current market structure and conditions of competition, including an assessment of any threats to competition and barriers to new entrants, including:

(i) any unlawful trade practices in the beer, wine, and spirits markets, such as certain exclusionary, discriminatory, or anticompetitive distribution practices, that hinder smaller and independent businesses or new entrants from distributing their products;
(ii) patterns of consolidation in production, distribution, or retail beer, wine, and spirits markets; and
(iii) any unnecessary trade practice regulations of matters such as bottle sizes, permitting, or labeling that may unnecessarily inhibit competition by increasing costs without serving any public health, informational, or tax purpose.

(k) To follow up on the foregoing assessment, the Secretary of the Treasury, through the Administrator of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, shall, not later than 240 days after the date of this order, consider:
(i) initiating a rulemaking to update the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau’s trade practice regulations;
(ii) rescinding or revising any regulations of the beer, wine, and spirits industries that may unnecessarily inhibit competition; and
(iii) reducing any barriers that impede market access for smaller and independent brewers, winemakers, and distilleries.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/07/09/executive-order-on-promoting-competition-in-the-american-economy/

-------------------------------
April 7th, 2023 at 6:40:22 AM permalink
DoubleGold
For this argument, I need to establish that the Biden admin is pro-transgender (see below).

Interestingly, the following women crossed party lines to support an act that could diminish the value of biological women.

"Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine joined all Democrats in supporting Levine."

In other words, many biological women (both straight and gay) are unexpectedly in an uproar over related events (such as sporting events).

----------------------

Rachel Levine: Transgender official sworn in as four-star admiral

20 October 2021
Dr Levine was confirmed as US assistant secretary for health in a 52-48 Senate vote in March.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58974627

----------------------
April 7th, 2023 at 6:41:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Yeah, if you say so, buddy. As we've already discussed, AB InBev could lose the entire North American market and would be fine, so if you think a few cheap beer swilling inbred Evangelical retards from the Deep South are going to change anything, I'm afraid you err.

Let's see...

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BUD/financials?p=BUD

1.) Beat Earnings estimates the last two quarters.

2.) About 31.5B gross profit last year; that's pretty good.

3.) Almost 6B in net income for 2022.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BUD/balance-sheet?p=BUD

4.) More than 84B in positive equity; that's not bad!

5.) Trading just below their 52-week high.

6.) Perfectly average P/E ratio of 22.80.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BUD/key-statistics?p=BUD

7.) 10B in free cash flow as of the end of last year.

8.) Debt/Equity Ratio of just under 0.7; a little high, but not reckless.

9.) Average rating is between a hold and a buy and they are right where they should be in terms of price target relative to where they're at.

Budweiser isn't going anywhere. Dreaming is free, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 7th, 2023 at 6:50:00 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DoubleGold
For this argument, I need to establish that the Biden admin is pro-transgender (see below).

Interestingly, the following women crossed party lines to support an act that could diminish the value of biological women.

"Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine joined all Democrats in supporting Levine."

In other words, many biological women (both straight and gay) are unexpectedly in an uproar over related events (such as sporting events).

----------------------

Rachel Levine: Transgender official sworn in as four-star admiral

20 October 2021
Dr Levine was confirmed as US assistant secretary for health in a 52-48 Senate vote in March.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58974627

----------------------

As opposed to what? It being 50-50 and Harris breaks the tie?

Why wouldn't they have sworn Levine in? If they didn't, then I should suspect that the only reason not to is Levine being transgender.

I don't know that there are any stated minimum qualifications for that, so it's tough to argue that Levine is not qualified.

Was this a case of reverse discrimination? I certainly don't rule that out, but you can't prove it. I would say the Republicans all voting against Levine was a case of blatant discrimination, in any event. I guess you could argue that a few of the Republicans who did are doctors (no US Senators were doctors on the Democratic side) and then really stretch an argument that they convinced their colleagues Levine was in some way unqualified, but I'm not buying it.

Or, maybe you can make an argument that they were worried about the direction the country would take on gender-affirming care, but that's just because the idiot Republicans and mouth-breathing Evangelical retards can't help themselves but to lose on social issues at every opportunity.

Hell, they don't even have Economic policies anymore, so it's not as if they have anything else to run on. That is, unless you consider, "Get woke, go broke," an official economic platform of theirs. LOL

Enjoy the constant losing; it's nowhere near over yet.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 7th, 2023 at 6:53:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
It's not a large chance, but I think there is some chance that Fiscally Conservative Republicans who aren't Jesus cucks will see the light and join the LP.
April 7th, 2023 at 7:17:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
DOUBLEGOLD (the King of Redundant New Threads)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 7th, 2023 at 7:33:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Mission146, I hope to reply after making the points.

Another article to support the argument that the Biden admin is pro-transgender (for minors too).

One difference is this article, relative to the previous one, is the Biden admin is also targeting youth.

Their motive is likely to prevent youth suicide, as opposed to alternative motives, whether stated or non-stated.

------------------------------

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

WH encourages gender reassignment surgery, puberty blockers, hormone therapy for transgender minors

March 31, 2022
The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-transgender-agenda-youth-sex-change-hormone-therapy

April 7th, 2023 at 7:44:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DoubleGold
Mission146, I hope to reply after making the points.

Another article to support the argument that the Biden admin is pro-transgender (for minors too).

One difference is this article, relative to the previous one, is the Biden admin is also targeting youth.

Their motive is likely to prevent youth suicide, as opposed to alternative motives, whether stated or non-stated.

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

WH encourages gender reassignment surgery, puberty blockers, hormone therapy for transgender minors

March 31, 2022

The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-transgender-agenda-youth-sex-change-hormone-therapy

The Biden Admin is pro-transgender. In related news, grass is green, Pittsburgh's got bridges and Donald Trump ***** off to ***** candid pictures of his daughter taken in her ******* when she was a teenager.

Maybe.

She might have been pre-teen at the time.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't like everything about this...but I hate Evangelicals more than I am even capable of hating anything they could ever do. If nothing else, I should vote Democrat as an expression of gratitude to the party for making the Evangelicals so miserable. I'm a Libertarian, though, so that's not something I am likely to do in a national vote. I think the only major party vote for POTUS I ever made was to re-elect Obama.

Honestly, I probably would have voted to re-elect Bush in 2004, but I was a little too dumb at the time to see why he was a good President. We also didn't have Trump yet, so Bush seemed like not a great POTUS, at the time.
April 7th, 2023 at 7:57:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Beer is a product for 21+ , this is about as adult of an audience as you can target. Isn't the big argument that kids are being exposes to too much trans stuff (which is silly, but that is the argument.)

If a 21+ product and 21+ website should not talk about Trans issues then who should?
April 7th, 2023 at 8:20:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Beer is a product for 21+ , this is about as adult of an audience as you can target. Isn't the big argument that kids are being exposes to too much trans stuff (which is silly, but that is the argument.)

If a 21+ product and 21+ website should not talk about Trans issues then who should?

They don't think anyone should; that's the point. It violates their sense of morality that there is even any such thing as a transperson, and because their sense of morality is handed down to them by God himself, they think the existence of trans people is in direct opposition to God. Of course, that naturally disregards the simple fact that not everyone believes in God, but freedom isn't actually something that Republicans, or Evangelicals, are big on, despite their protestations to the contrary.

It's like if you came to visit me, Gandler, and I said, "Come on in, you can do whatever you want...except you can't wear shoes in the living room, you can't express disagreement with me on any subject, you can't use the downstairs bathroom if you're doing a #2, you can't turn the TV on, you can't have anything in my fridge other than what I expressly say you can have, etc...(add another 100 rules that may or may not exist based entirely on my personal preference.)"

The difference being is, my residence is mine, so you can just leave if you don't like it*; the country is supposed to belong to everybody, religious or not.

*Also, I wouldn't say any of those, except I would say I'd, 'Prefer,' you not wear shoes in a carpeted area and would 'prefer' you go upstairs if it is a #2.
Page 1 of 231234>Last »