BUD (the King of Beers)

Page 2 of 23<12345>Last »
April 7th, 2023 at 8:34:55 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
"Like a shopper with maxed-out credit cards..." (see below)

With BUD (NYSE):

The all-time high was on 9/1/2016 at $136.08 per share.

The all-time low was on 3/2/2020 at $32.58 per share.

The price dropped about $100 per share (-76%).

The current price per share is $66.34 ($131.6B).

There has been no significant price movement since they alienated their customer base Wednesday 4/5/2023.

The following is a pretty good article.

I'll check to see if Altria is still buried.

----------------------------

Too Big To Fail? — As Mountains of Debt Tie Its Hands, AB InBev Has To Find a Homegrown Win, Fast

July 23, 2021
Despite its size, ABI’s debt ties its hands. Like a shopper with maxed-out credit cards, ABI is unable to make the mergers and acquisitions that for years have propelled it to growth. Following the SAB Miller merger, ABI is also required by the Justice Department to inform the agency’s antitrust division of any plans to buy craft breweries. As future acquisitions look less likely, ABI investors are in an increasingly tight spot, with no guaranteed strategy for ABI to return the company to strength or return cash on those investments. One of its minority owners, the tobacco conglomerate Altria, has the option to begin selling its stake in October. Whether or not Altria sells its 10% share in ABI—worth more than $13 billion—is considered a bellwether of investor confidence in the beer company. Outsiders have suggested it would be wise for Altria to exit what Reuters says “hasn’t been a great investment” for the company, as the value of ABI stock has fallen 50% since Altria began its investment. If Altria exits, it would be a huge blow to ABI’s fortunes, and likely, its stock price.
https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sightlines/2021/7/23/ab-inbev-debt-needs-homegrown-win

--------------------------
April 7th, 2023 at 8:35:44 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
Beer is a product for 21+ ,

Only in a very closed minded society. Most countries allow drinking at a younger age.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 7th, 2023 at 8:48:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
How the hell is AB InBev going to grow? There's almost no room for growth. Sit back, print money. "We've done it; good job, boys!"

Hell are they going to do, get into used car sales? They're the largest beer company in the world.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 7th, 2023 at 8:56:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Mission146
They don't think anyone should; that's the point. It violates their sense of morality that there is even any such thing as a transperson, and because their sense of morality is handed down to them by God himself, they think the existence of trans people is in direct opposition to God. Of course, that naturally disregards the simple fact that not everyone believes in God, but freedom isn't actually something that Republicans, or Evangelicals, are big on, despite their protestations to the contrary.

It's like if you came to visit me, Gandler, and I said, "Come on in, you can do whatever you want...except you can't wear shoes in the living room, you can't express disagreement with me on any subject, you can't use the downstairs bathroom if you're doing a #2, you can't turn the TV on, you can't have anything in my fridge other than what I expressly say you can have, etc...(add another 100 rules that may or may not exist based entirely on my personal preference.)"

The difference being is, my residence is mine, so you can just leave if you don't like it*; the country is supposed to belong to everybody, religious or not.

*Also, I wouldn't say any of those, except I would say I'd, 'Prefer,' you not wear shoes in a carpeted area and would 'prefer' you go upstairs if it is a #2.

This would be my favorite form of a religion, if I have to pick one.

Quote:
Buddhist monks and nuns and other Buddhists make the Buddha Dharma available to everyone who is interested. They/we don’t force it on anyone.

If you’re not interested, you continue your own path. We are only going to tell you about our particular way into Buddhism if you ask about it and if you think you want to try it, and see if it’s for you.

“Right speech” as the Dharma describes it has four qualities: it is truthful, it is benevolent, it’s put in a non-hurtful way, and it’s useful.

The 4th quality tells us we should refrain from useless speaking. And Buddha taught that speaking of the Dharma to someone who’s not interested and who didn’t ask questions is useless. We should not do it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2023 at 9:05:58 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Non-hurtful way?

No thanks. That ship sailed with the Evangelicals before I'd even hit puberty.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 7th, 2023 at 9:13:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The Getty link contains a pic of the BUD CEO at the Davos WEF.

The first one he has attended.

I'm showing this to tie in WEF to BUD.

-----------------------------

Opening Day of The World Economic Forum (WEF) 2023

Michel Doukeris, chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev NV, during a panel session on the opening day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, on Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023.
https://www.gettyimages.com.br/detail/foto-jornal%C3%ADstica/michel-doukeris-chief-executive-officer-of-anheuser-foto-jornal%C3%ADstica/1246304519

----------------------------

Klaus Schwab
Klaus Martin Schwab (German: [klaʊs ˈmaʁtiːn ʃvaːp]; born 30 March 1938) is a German engineer, economist and founder of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Schwab
April 7th, 2023 at 9:21:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Non-hurtful way?

No thanks. That ship sailed with the Evangelicals before I'd even hit puberty.

That's only for followers which is my point. All of it existing only if someone is interested in it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2023 at 9:58:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
Only in a very closed minded society. Most countries allow drinking at a younger age.

It doesn't matter, this campaign is only being run in America (from what I can tell.) So the drinking age in America is what matters in regards to campaigns on beer sites and products.

Personally I think alcohol and tobacco should both be the age of a legal adult (18 for us), but that is not relevant to this argument (if this campaign can effect kids.)
April 7th, 2023 at 10:08:17 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
They don't think anyone should; that's the point. It violates their sense of morality that there is even any such thing as a transperson, and because their sense of morality is handed down to them by God himself, they think the existence of trans people is in direct opposition to God. Of course, that naturally disregards the simple fact that not everyone believes in God, but freedom isn't actually something that Republicans, or Evangelicals, are big on, despite their protestations to the contrary.

It's like if you came to visit me, Gandler, and I said, "Come on in, you can do whatever you want...except you can't wear shoes in the living room, you can't express disagreement with me on any subject, you can't use the downstairs bathroom if you're doing a #2, you can't turn the TV on, you can't have anything in my fridge other than what I expressly say you can have, etc...(add another 100 rules that may or may not exist based entirely on my personal preference.)"

The difference being is, my residence is mine, so you can just leave if you don't like it*; the country is supposed to belong to everybody, religious or not.

*Also, I wouldn't say any of those, except I would say I'd, 'Prefer,' you not wear shoes in a carpeted area and would 'prefer' you go upstairs if it is a #2.

I agree, that it seems some people are eager to push religious ethics on others. It would be funny if a different religion quickly became the majority and started banning things that they like and/or view as basic rights.

But, sadly we are stuck with the American evangelicals.
April 7th, 2023 at 11:41:37 AM permalink
DoubleGold
A connection between Jorge Lemann and Chelsea Clinton.

3G bought out Anheuser-Busch in 2008 and then SABMiller in 2015.

3G ownership controls BUD (I have to find out the percentage).

At the time of the 2008 buyout, Warren Buffett was the largest shareholder of Anheuser-Busch.

Lemann currently resides in Switzerland.

---------------------------------

Hedge Fund - 3G Capital
3G Capital is an investment firm founded in 2004 by Brazilian billionaire Jorge Paulo Lemann. Lemann's net worth is more than $10 billion. 3G Capital is managed by Alexandre Behring who joined the firm in 2005. 3G Capital has several investments in publicly traded US companies. Bill Clinton's son-in-law Marc Mezvinsky was also a partner at the firm.
https://www.insidermonkey.com/hedge-fund/3g-capital/278/

----------------------------------

Marc Mezvinsky

Marc Mezvinsky (born December 10, 1977) is an American investor and managing director at TPG. He has served previously as vice chairman at Social Capital. He is the husband of Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Mezvinsky

-------------------------------------
Page 2 of 23<12345>Last »