BUD (the King of Beers)

Page 22 of 23« First<1920212223>
September 9th, 2023 at 9:50:10 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: GenoDRPh
Nobody ever dies from sugar withdrawal.

Really? Have you heard of severe hypoglycemia?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 9th, 2023 at 11:03:44 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
Really? Have you heard of severe hypoglycemia?

Completely different biochemical mechanism than withdrawal from an addicting substance. And yes, over the many years of working in hospital, I've seen many cases of severe hypoglycemia, practically all of them in diabetics. And diabetes is NOT addiction to sugar, and sugar withdrawal won't kill you in a way alcohol withdrawal will kill an alcoholic.
September 9th, 2023 at 1:59:27 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: GenoDRPh
Completely different biochemical mechanism than withdrawal from an addicting substance. And yes, over the many years of working in hospital, I've seen many cases of severe hypoglycemia, practically all of them in diabetics. And diabetes is NOT addiction to sugar, and sugar withdrawal won't kill you in a way alcohol withdrawal will kill an alcoholic.

But you said "Nobody ever dies from sugar withdrawll". They do
September 9th, 2023 at 3:31:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
But you said "Nobody ever dies from sugar withdrawll". They do

I think you'd have to starve a normal person to death. The normal body is going to keep compensating for no sugar. Now if you already have a medical condition, then lots of things may kill you that don't normally do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 3:50:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Tobacco companies and candy cigarette manufacturers have cooperated to make candy cigarettes. Tobacco companies have allowed candy cigarette companies to use their branding;[3] Brown & Williamson has gone as far as to send copies of its labels to candy cigarette companies.[5] After the 1964 Surgeon General's report on smoking and health criticized candy cigarettes for "trying to lure youngsters into the smoking habit", tobacco companies began to distance themselves from candy cigarettes, although trademark infringement lawsuits against candy cigarette manufacturers have been rare.[3]

Looks like they still make them somewhere.

Candy cigs were fun as a kid. People who hate them need to lighten up.

I still see them in candy shops (like full service candy shops), but you don't really see them in gas stations and corner stores anymore (at least I do not.)
September 9th, 2023 at 3:57:31 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
I think you'd have to starve a normal person to death. The normal body is going to keep compensating for no sugar. Now if you already have a medical condition, then lots of things may kill you that don't normally do.

Exactly, and a lack of sugar is one of them.
September 9th, 2023 at 6:39:18 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

I do not believe alcohol to be addictive.

PLEASE tell me you are not serious!?!?

I have been involved in treating people suffering from withdrawal from alcohol. It can be fatal.

Do some soul searching…. Why would you POSSIBLY post something so absurd???
September 10th, 2023 at 2:41:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

I have been involved in treating people suffering from withdrawal from alcohol. It can be fatal.

Because I do not believe it to be absurd. SOME people can get addicted, but these are the type of people who can get addicted to anything. I have seen people as hooked on diet Coke as on alcohol.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2023 at 3:43:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

How many times do you have to make posts like this asking how Duffy could possibly say something so dumb before you come to a certain conclusion that the rest of us made years ago…?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 6th, 2023 at 6:20:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Interesting premise, which is likely true I think. Boycotts only work when you can easily replace the boycotted item. The argument that Bud lite is both mediocre and easily replaceable makes it an easy target. People that drink lite beer don't want to give it up, but they want a replacement. When a product doesn't suffer those kinds of things, it may outlast any boycott. Of course, I think there is one other factor here, in that it could survive in a smaller version of itself because it was so big to begin with.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 22 of 23« First<1920212223>