BUD (the King of Beers)

September 8th, 2023 at 4:42:19 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
BUD targeting college kids with custom mascot cans.

If they have to sell the Budweiser brand because of not knowing their client base, they'll need to change the ticker symbol.

-------------------------

Bud Light unveils ‘Razorbacks’ bottles, sets ‘Backyard Tour’ date

Sep 6, 2023
Just in time for the 2023 football season, Bud Light has introduced it’s latest bottle design, called the “Razorbacks,” which will be exclusively available to Arkansas fans, aged 21 and over, at participating retailers in the Fayetteville area.

The aluminum bottles feature the Arkansas helmet logo on the front, and a Razorback helmet on the back, along with a QR code that fans can scan for a chance to win a flyover in a private jet at any game of the winner’s choice, along with limited edition Fanatics team merchandise.

As part of Anheuser-Busch’s continued sponsorship of over 50 college football teams, Fayetteville has also been selected as one of 13 stops on the “Bud Light Backyard Tour: College Edition,” which will take place on Friday, Nov. 10. It will be a night of free live music and partying before the the Hogs host Auburn on Nov. 11.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bud-light-unveils-razorbacks-bottles-223524762.html

---------------------------
September 8th, 2023 at 4:43:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Soda is terrible and it is probably good if it were banned from kids. But, it is not an intoxicant. And, it is very rare that soda consumption can cause instant death, so it is a very different kind of danger.

What planet do you live on where drinking beer is not ‘socially acceptable’? Not arguing that beer isn’t bad for you. Not arguing that overuse can’t have negative effects like traffic accidents or cirrhosis. I have quite a diverse social circle which comes from all walks of life and know of literally NO ONE who would say drinking a beer is socially unacceptable.

There is no doubt that the proliferation of high sugar drinks is a huge health crisis today. But I’m not against the advertising of said drinks. Life is about choices. I don’t want the government taking away my right to make (most) bad choices. The government can provide education to help me decide against bad choices.
September 8th, 2023 at 5:08:16 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
What planet do you live on where drinking beer is not ‘socially acceptable’? Not arguing that beer isn’t bad for you. Not arguing that overuse can’t have negative effects like traffic accidents or cirrhosis. I have quite a diverse social circle which comes from all walks of life and know of literally NO ONE who would say drinking a beer is socially unacceptable.

There is no doubt that the proliferation of high sugar drinks is a huge health crisis today. But I’m not against the advertising of said drinks. Life is about choices. I don’t want the government taking away my right to make (most) bad choices. The government can provide education to help me decide against bad choices.

Sadly it is, I never said that it was not, I said that companies advertise to make it socially acceptable. And, usually it takes restrictions to stop it (like tobacco advertising.) Smoking everywhere was once socially acceptable as well.

I am not against soda adverts. Alcohol is a straight up drug. Just like if heroin was legal I would be against heroin adverts.

I am pretty open when it comes to stuff being legal. However, advertising is where the danger is.
September 8th, 2023 at 5:15:23 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Critique of Gates' money manager.

Showing a BUD Monthly chart going back to 2009 (Log Format).

Last closing price was $56.20.

Each peak on the way down from the all-time high of $136.08, is a Fibonacci standard percentage.

I circled each standard Fib peak.

Price is currently trading in the proximity of the 38.2% pullback.

That tells me the algos are predominantly trading her.

If I were running the fund bullishly, I'd wait and position close to the bottom rail (lowest downward sloping yellow line) around $30.

Where she is right now, she can break either way (neutral).

Since they're so much in debt (twice as much as DIS), I'd consider her a tad bearish, but not enough to act.

Can click on image to expand.

---------------------

https://imgur.com/oGItlHY

---------------------
September 8th, 2023 at 5:37:39 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: DoubleGold
BUD targeting college kids with custom mascot cans.

If they have to sell the Budweiser brand because of not knowing their client base, they'll need to change the ticker symbol.

-------------------------

Bud Light unveils ‘Razorbacks’ bottles, sets ‘Backyard Tour’ date

Sep 6, 2023
Just in time for the 2023 football season, Bud Light has introduced it’s latest bottle design, called the “Razorbacks,” which will be exclusively available to Arkansas fans, aged 21 and over, at participating retailers in the Fayetteville area.

The aluminum bottles feature the Arkansas helmet logo on the front, and a Razorback helmet on the back, along with a QR code that fans can scan for a chance to win a flyover in a private jet at any game of the winner’s choice, along with limited edition Fanatics team merchandise.

As part of Anheuser-Busch’s continued sponsorship of over 50 college football teams, Fayetteville has also been selected as one of 13 stops on the “Bud Light Backyard Tour: College Edition,” which will take place on Friday, Nov. 10. It will be a night of free live music and partying before the the Hogs host Auburn on Nov. 11.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bud-light-unveils-razorbacks-bottles-223524762.html

---------------------------

This is much more alarming than whatever trans interview they did.

AB does a lot of sketch things, and some downright nefarious things -especially internationally (look at their behavior during the world cup). Being pro-trans is not on this list of alarming issues that should be front and center of controversy.
September 8th, 2023 at 5:54:39 AM permalink
DoubleGold
This is much more alarming than whatever trans interview they did.

AB does a lot of sketch things, and some downright nefarious things -especially internationally (look at their behavior during the world cup). Being pro-trans is not on this list of alarming issues that should be front and center of controversy.

One of my grandsons just enrolled there.

I'd rather he get drunk than change to a pretend woman.

But the odds of him getting killed are much larger drinking beer.

So I tend to agree with you.
September 8th, 2023 at 6:00:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
A trans beds a guy then the next day says "surprise, I used to be a guy!" then that guy is affected. So, no.

Hmm… I thought the anti-trans bigots can always tell when a trans woman used to be a man.

Guess not if they’re accidentally taking them to bed! Whoopsie!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 8th, 2023 at 9:04:05 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
TV ads accomplish one thing, and that is to make drinking beer appear socially acceptable.

Say you are an executive for a beer company and you have an advertising budget. You can choose to spend it on a campaign designed to increase market share or on a campaign meant to increase the total available beer market. Where would you spend the money?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 8th, 2023 at 9:15:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: JimRockford
Say you are an executive for a beer company and you have an advertising budget. You can choose to spend it on a campaign designed to increase market share or on a campaign meant to increase the total available beer market. Where would you spend the money?

I can't answer that because the right answer mathematically is not the right answer ethically.

My ethical answer if forced into a binary would be to focus on market share since they already drink beer. It's like the old tobacco saying that advertisements are only targeted to adult smokers of competing brands.

Of course any public awareness probably slowly grows the beer market overall, so it may not make a huge difference in the long run.

Probably the best answer both in terms of money and ethics would be to divert all of the money into anti-alcohol ads. This has the subconscious effect of making people want to try it, while being able to talk about how you spend more on education adverts than direct advertising. You can even use some of the same slogans, "Exclusive Adult activity that needs to be kept away from kids". (IE the kind of ads that really make kids want to try it more by making it sound exotix and forbidden.) I imagine such a campaign would be as successful for alcohol as it was for tobacco and everyone can feel that they did the right thing.
September 8th, 2023 at 10:10:30 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I can't answer that because the right answer mathematically is not the right answer ethically.

My ethical answer if forced into a binary would be to focus on market share since they already drink beer. It's like the old tobacco saying that advertisements are only targeted to adult smokers of competing brands.

Of course any public awareness probably slowly grows the beer market overall, so it may not make a huge difference in the long run.

Probably the best answer both in terms of money and ethics would be to divert all of the money into anti-alcohol ads. This has the subconscious effect of making people want to try it, while being able to talk about how you spend more on education adverts than direct advertising. You can even use some of the same slogans, "Exclusive Adult activity that needs to be kept away from kids". (IE the kind of ads that really make kids want to try it more by making it sound exotix and forbidden.) I imagine such a campaign would be as successful for alcohol as it was for tobacco and everyone can feel that they did the right thing.

It wasn’t a question about ethics. My point is this. In a market with such stiff competition between brands, there is little reason for a company to waste money on ads meant to make beer more socially acceptable, benefiting themselves and their competitors equally. The purpose of beer ads on TV is to take market share.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.