Remarkable Parallels

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
April 27th, 2023 at 4:43:40 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
One difference between Eugenics and Gender Affirming Care is Eugenics is coerced.

The article refers to the video below in the second link.

One danger here is "it was hailed in its day as the best and most responsible science, cheered on by the mainstream media, public school teachers, and the government".

------------------------------------

Eugenics Movement Presents Remarkable Historical Parallels with “Gender-Affirming Care”

November 28, 2022
Today’s strange trans ideology with its cruel medical interventions, including surgical mutilation, to affirm subjective gender identity bears a strong resemblance to the eugenics movement. The latter is now recognized as a malevolent and abusive force; but like evolution-based pseudoscientific racism, it was hailed in its day as the best and most responsible science, cheered on by the mainstream media, public school teachers, and the government. All that is true of our contemporary transgender ideology.
https://evolutionnews.org/2022/11/eugenics-movement-presents-remarkable-historical-parallels-with-gender-affirming-care/

------------------------------------

Discovery Science

Human Zoos: America's Forgotten History of Scientific Racism

Human Zoos tells the shocking story of how thousands of indigenous peoples were put on public display in America in the early decades of the twentieth century.

Feb 17, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6Zrol5QEk

-------------------------------------
April 27th, 2023 at 4:54:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DoubleGold
One difference between Eugenics and Gender Affirming Care is Eugenics is coerced.

Ever notice that the same people who scream bloody murder about "conversion therapy" for minors are happy to see minors getting pumped with hormones and mutilated in sex change operations to "affirm gender?"
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2023 at 5:04:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Ever notice that the same people who scream bloody murder about "conversion therapy" for minors are happy to see minors getting pumped with hormones and mutilated in sex change operations to "affirm gender?"

Conversion therapy through free choice or forced upon a person?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2023 at 5:14:25 AM permalink
rxwine
While I think conversion therapy is pseudoscience at best, I don't think we can stop a parent from raising their kid fully indoctrinated with Neo-Nazi beliefs either and go live with other Neo-Nazis if that's what they want to do.

If someone, like the child, is actively resisting something, that's an issue that should be looked into for that person.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2023 at 6:19:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Conversion therapy through free choice or forced upon a person?

They scream about the fact that it even exists. Remember when they threatened Apple to the point they removed a gay conversion therapy app from the App Store? These people see no difference in being forced to go or going on their own. To them conversion therapy is anti-gay, period, so they want it banned.
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2023 at 6:59:09 AM permalink
rxwine
You should allow parents and their children to do mostly what they want and if someone's not happy with the result they can file a lawsuit for themselves against whomever the offending party is.

Not ban it.

Not ban something that basically is one person's mistake or their parents for letting them. But that's also if it is a willful decision not a forced one.

I'm not for dragging kids off trying to convert them to anything, or perform surgery if they don't want it.
April 27th, 2023 at 3:46:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

There is no correlation. I have no issue with conversion therapy if gay adults choose to attend. The problem is kids being forced to attend, while being told they are not normal.

I would also have a problem if parents and society forced kids to have sex change surgery (short of medical extremes, like people who are actually hermaphrodites and need to be selected for one, even in those extreme cases, an argument can be made that they should be allowed to choose at adulthood if it is not medically pressing). I personally don't think minors should be allowed to have sex-changing surgery, it should be an adult decision. I would carry this over to cosmetic surgeries as well.

Once you become an adult you can choose to attend any kind of therapy that makes you feel good and whatever surgeries you want. What should be paid for by insurance or out of pocket is a debate for another day.

Personally, I do not even think circumcision should be legal for minor, adult men should be allowed to make that decision when they understand the pros and cons.

So, I am not one who thinks minors should have any kind of unnecessary surgery. In fact, most would say I am on the extreme other side (I don't think they should even have the option).
April 27th, 2023 at 4:16:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
There is no correlation.

There is a near total correlation. You will just keep refusing to see it.
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2023 at 4:23:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
There is a near total correlation. You will just keep refusing to see it.

Not really, most people with my belief (myself included) are pretty firm that such things should wait until adulthood. They should not be forced upon minors (again medical extremes aside).
April 27th, 2023 at 10:36:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler

clipped...
So, I am not one who thinks minors should have any kind of unnecessary surgery. In fact, most would say I am on the extreme other side (I don't think they should even have the option).

I think if you consider what a reverse situation might be like it's not so easy to say what should happen. Imagine telling a non-trams 13 year old boy that all he has to do is dress as a girl, be treated like a girl, act like a girl, answer to a girl's name all through jr high and high school and when he's 18 he can do all the transitioning into a boy at that time?

If the feeling is really strong that you're really living in the wrong gender's body, that's likely what it would be like in the reverse. I know if I was told to live opposite of what I strongly felt, I'd do more that react like it's no big deal.

I don't think it's an easy decision either way though.
Page 1 of 51234>Last »