Remarkable Parallels

Page 3 of 5<12345>
April 28th, 2023 at 9:45:50 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
So complete strangers should make the decision?????
Who should be in charge???????????
Parents that have been raising the kids and know their kids better then anybody else on the planet.
Or complete strangers working for the govt that don't know jack about the kids because they have never lived with these children
I vote freedom and parents
Keep the nanny state and complete strangers from making parenting decisions.
A complete stranger makes a decision and moves on.
Parents have a deep lifelong connection with their children
It's a no brainer

I answered that in the part of the post you cut out. The child should decide when they turn 18.
April 28th, 2023 at 10:04:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
I answered that in the part of the post you cut out. The child should decide when they turn 18.

Heh, Better concede at least to 17. You can join the military at 17.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 28th, 2023 at 11:29:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
Heh, Better concede at least to 17. You can join the military at 17.

Which you should not be able to do either.
April 28th, 2023 at 11:31:48 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
There is no correlation. I have no issue with conversion therapy if gay adults choose to attend. The problem is kids being forced to attend, while being told they are not normal.

I would also have a problem if parents and society forced kids to have sex change surgery (short of medical extremes, like people who are actually hermaphrodites and need to be selected for one, even in those extreme cases, an argument can be made that they should be allowed to choose at adulthood if it is not medically pressing). I personally don't think minors should be allowed to have sex-changing surgery, it should be an adult decision. I would carry this over to cosmetic surgeries as well.

Once you become an adult you can choose to attend any kind of therapy that makes you feel good and whatever surgeries you want. What should be paid for by insurance or out of pocket is a debate for another day.

Personally, I do not even think circumcision should be legal for minor, adult men should be allowed to make that decision when they understand the pros and cons.

So, I am not one who thinks minors should have any kind of unnecessary surgery. In fact, most would say I am on the extreme other side (I don't think they should even have the option).

If you decide to read this long article, does it change your mind?

-----------------------------

A Predator's Paradise

JAN 25, 2023

On the grounds of making California more welcoming to LGBTQ youth, State Senator Scott Wiener is transforming the state into a haven for human trafficking.
https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p/a-predators-paradise

----------------------------
April 28th, 2023 at 12:01:36 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
If you decide to read this long article, does it change your mind?

-----------------------------

A Predator's Paradise

JAN 25, 2023

On the grounds of making California more welcoming to LGBTQ youth, State Senator Scott Wiener is transforming the state into a haven for human trafficking.
https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p/a-predators-paradise

----------------------------
thanks

I should add to my long list I've been posting .... this under 'unintended consequences'. Naturally you get exactly that when you go overboard with everything
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 28th, 2023 at 12:12:23 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
thanks

I should add to my long list I've been posting .... this under 'unintended consequences'. Naturally you get exactly that when you go overboard with everything

I got her from your reference in the other thread. TY.

I searched and found her Substack.

That's her most recent article.

The reason I searched for her, is because she's an independent journalist.

Besides the obvious reasons and to give an idea, Tucker Carlson has over 70M views for his Twitter video after the firing.

Fox in his time slot gets about 3.2M viewers when he was there, and it's fallen to about half since he left.

MSM is only to control thought by the government.
April 28th, 2023 at 2:19:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Why are you so against freedom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 28th, 2023 at 3:58:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
Why are you so against freedom

You have less freedom before the age of 18, this has always been the case (or various ages over the years, there is some line in the sand that you must cross for full autonomy).

The same reason kids can't make many life-changing decisions before 18 (with some exceptions which should change). Kids are not in a position to make those decisions until they mature. If you can't get a credit card before 18, there is no way that you should be able to get life-changing (non-medically necessary) surgery. It can wait.

I don't think this should be controversial. I don't think kids should be allowed to be married or join the military before 18 either. It is a pretty consistent view. As a society, we have decided freedom is limited before 18, that is the agreed-upon age for whatever reason, so it needs to be maintained.

So if you are asking if I am against freedom for those under 18, yes I definitely am. Is this an anti-trans position? Definitely not, you would be hard-pressed to find somebody more open-minded on the topic (I am for gender neutral virtually everything), if kids want to be trans that is their choice (that does not offend me either). But, elective surgery needs an arbitrary age barrier, it just does. Kids do not need to be getting life-altering surgery.
April 28th, 2023 at 6:13:55 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Supposedly, the USA is missing 85,000 unaccompanied children in the USA that crossed the border.

Explain how that can happen.

Explain how Epstein's clientele are being hidden.

Gee, I wonder if there is a connection.
April 29th, 2023 at 2:46:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

So, they cannot buy a drink or cigarettes at 18 but they can go have their privates mutilated? That is a weird world we live in.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 5<12345>