Remarkable Parallels

Page 2 of 5<12345>
April 28th, 2023 at 2:25:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: AZDuffman
Ever notice that the same people who scream bloody murder about "conversion therapy" for minors are happy to see minors getting pumped with hormones and mutilated in sex change operations to "affirm gender?"

No because I had to look up conversion therapy to see what it was.

I located a video of a group and watched it.

The first person in the video was an ex-lesbian female that claimed to have a successful conversion therapy experience and went on to get married to a male and had children.

That's all I needed to see, so I didn't watch the other testimonies in the group.
April 28th, 2023 at 2:37:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I think if you consider what a reverse situation might be like it's not so easy to say what should happen. Imagine telling a non-trams 13 year old boy that all he has to do is dress as a girl, be treated like a girl, act like a girl, answer to a girl's name all through jr high and high school and when he's 18 he can do all the transitioning into a boy at that time?

If the feeling is really strong that you're really living in the wrong gender's body, that's likely what it would be like in the reverse. I know if I was told to live opposite of what I strongly felt, I'd do more that react like it's no big deal.

I don't think it's an easy decision either way though.

The problem is they do not become the opposite gender. They just get to look and act like they are. That is why the depression never ends. Instead of therapy they get told to get cut and hormoned up. Therapy is the answer, not surgery.
The President is a fink.
April 28th, 2023 at 3:05:29 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The first link below shows a chart of the model.

It's possible Eugenics and Gender Affirming Care are both related to the politics of this model.

Because both can reduce population while exterminating a pool of genetics.

Can also throw in climate change (eating bugs, etc.) and abortions, etc.

-------------------------

Malthusianism

Malthusianism is the theory that population growth is potentially exponential, by the Malthusian growth model, while the growth of the food supply or other resources is linear, which eventually reduces living standards to the point of triggering a population decline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism#/media/File:Malthus_PL_en.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism
-------------------------
April 28th, 2023 at 3:28:37 AM permalink
DoubleGold
You should allow parents and their children to do mostly what they want and if someone's not happy with the result they can file a lawsuit for themselves against whomever the offending party is.

Not ban it.

Not ban something that basically is one person's mistake or their parents for letting them. But that's also if it is a willful decision not a forced one.

I'm not for dragging kids off trying to convert them to anything, or perform surgery if they don't want it.

Banning for adults could go against a person's will.

That's not freedom and is not sustainable.

So if any adult wants to sterilize their self, they should be able to do it.

It doesn't mean the act is ethical.

However, if a parent allows the sterilization of their minor child, they should go to prison IMO.

If the majority of a population can legally perform abortions, then they can certainly sterilize their children.
April 28th, 2023 at 3:50:05 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I wouldn't believe any of the following, but I wanted to show the other side.

-------------------------------

Reproductive Options for Transgender Individuals
How can a transgender man conceive?

For FtM patients who have frozen eggs or embryos, gestational surrogacy is an option. Transgender men who have not had a hysterectomy may also consider carrying a pregnancy themselves. Egg or embryo donation is also available.
https://www.yalemedicine.org/conditions/transgender-reproductive-options

April 28th, 2023 at 5:32:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I think if you consider what a reverse situation might be like it's not so easy to say what should happen. Imagine telling a non-trams 13 year old boy that all he has to do is dress as a girl, be treated like a girl, act like a girl, answer to a girl's name all through jr high and high school and when he's 18 he can do all the transitioning into a boy at that time?

If the feeling is really strong that you're really living in the wrong gender's body, that's likely what it would be like in the reverse. I know if I was told to live opposite of what I strongly felt, I'd do more that react like it's no big deal.

I don't think it's an easy decision either way though.

I didn't say no transitions, lifestyle changes, or therapy. Just no surgery (which is often nonreversable). When people are kids they feel all kinds of ways, and you should not make permanent decisions yet.
April 28th, 2023 at 5:55:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
I didn't say no transitions, lifestyle changes, or therapy. Just no surgery (which is often nonreversable). When people are kids they feel all kinds of ways, and you should not make permanent decisions yet.

Amd I'm okay with the idea that it could be a bad idea, but not necessarily okay for making that decision for someone else's kid besides my own. If I could find some actual stats that showed exactly how many turn out badly, I might be convinced otherwise. Just because a small percentage of some are bad isn't enough to convince me to make that decision for others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 28th, 2023 at 8:42:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Amd I'm okay with the idea that it could be a bad idea, but not necessarily okay for making that decision for someone else's kid besides my own. If I could find some actual stats that showed exactly how many turn out badly, I might be convinced otherwise. Just because a small percentage of some are bad isn't enough to convince me to make that decision for others.

I just don't trust parents to make the right decision for non-reversible surgeries. They are imposing something on their kid that they will have to live with forever. The kid should decide when they turn 18.

Some parents tend to be emotional and will try to do the right thing in the short term without thinking of long term implications.
April 28th, 2023 at 9:01:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
What it looks like to me is "the mainstream media, public school teachers, and the government" want their genes out of the gene pool.

Women's Studies International Forum

Volume 35, Issue 5, September–October 2012, Pages 384-393
The transgendering of children: Gender eugenics
Synopsis

This article argues that the emerging practice of transgendering children should be seen as a form of gender eugenics which has similarities with the practice of sexual surgeries carried out as a result of eugenics ideas in the early twentieth century. In the earlier period those suffering severe poverty, homosexuals, criminals, people with mental health problems and disabilities, and gypsies were sterilized. Presently, in Australia, children as young as 10 who are identified as suffering from ‘gender identity disorder’ are, with the connivance of the Family Court, placed on puberty delaying drugs. These drugs, if they are followed at age 16 with cross-sex hormones, sterilize the children. The similarities between earlier eugenics practices and the transgenderism of the present include the origin of the practices in the ideas of sex scientists, psychiatrists, biologists and endocrinologists, one of the target groups, lesbians and gays, support by ‘progressive’ sections of society, including some on the Left and some feminists.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0277539512000982

--------------------------------
April 28th, 2023 at 9:03:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I just don't trust parents

So complete strangers should make the decision?????
Who should be in charge???????????
Parents that have been raising the kids and know their kids better then anybody else on the planet.
Or complete strangers working for the govt that don't know jack about the kids because they have never lived with these children
I vote freedom and parents
Keep the nanny state and complete strangers from making parenting decisions.
A complete stranger makes a decision and moves on.
Parents have a deep lifelong connection with their children
It's a no brainer
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 2 of 5<12345>