Santuary City Doom Loops

Page 1 of 3123>
May 11th, 2023 at 3:05:26 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
When the immigrants begin to flow in faster, which cities will they most likely go to?

Blue cities.

Therefore, creating doom loops.

A Doom Loop is a downward spiral that negatively affects the tax base, causing more doom to loop.

---------------------------

Nolte: New York Magazine Forced to Admit Democrat-Run San Francisco’s Doom Loop Is Real

11 May 2023

A reporter for the far-left New York Magazine admits she set out to disprove all this “doom loop” talk about Democrat-run San Francisco.

Instead, she discovered Democrat-run San Francisco is in a doom loop:

A note to my fellow San Franciscians: I’m sorry. I know. There’s always some story in the east-coast press about how our city is dying. San Franciscians hate—HATE—these pieces. You’re a stooge and a traitor for writing one. When I set out reporting, I wanted to write a debunking-the-doom piece myself. Yet to live in San Francisco right now, to watch its streets, is to realize that no one will catch you if you fall. In the first three months of 2023, 200 San Franciscans OD’ed, up 41 percent from last year.

"When I set out reporting, I wanted to write a debunking-the-doom piece myself. Yet to live in San Francisco right now, to watch its streets, is to realize that no one will catch you if you fall." https://t.co/oZ1nZoXGY1

— Curbed (@Curbed) May 10, 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/11/nolte-new-york-magazine-forced-to-admit-democrat-run-san-franciscos-doom-loop-is-real/

---------------------------
May 11th, 2023 at 4:19:41 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Things are working out really well in NYC where the voting majority continue to get exactly what they voted for.

Illegals are arriving at the rate of 1,000 per day in NYC. That number will likely double or more, now that Biden kept his promise to end Trump's 'remain in Mexico' policy' and end Title 42.

The city has run out of space, so the Mayor is considering closing streets and setting up 'temporary' housing for them on the gutters. The city is also considering setting up housing in the parks.

The city previously set up shelter for more than 500 of them in a tent on Randall's Island, at a cost of $3.5 million. Cable television, big screen televisions, catering, the works. But they complained about the accommodations and demanded to be housed in hotels. So after a few days, the city put them up in hotels and demoslished the new tent structure.

The new accommodations on the streets and in the parks will most likely be 400 Sq. ft. solid structures, rather than tents. They don't like tents.
May 12th, 2023 at 2:49:28 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I just read there were about 500,000 undocumented illegal persons in NYC.
May 12th, 2023 at 5:48:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Coco Republic caught in SF Doom Loop:

-----------------------------

After 7 months, Coco Republic's San Francisco flagship announces closure

The Australian furniture retailer had just recently replaced (and renovated) the former Crate & Barrel store in Union Square

May 10, 2023

In October 2022, after completing a multimillion-dollar renovation, Australian furniture and lifestyle retailer Coco Republic opened its flagship San Francisco location at 55 Stockton St. in Union Square.

Seven months later, a Coco Republic spokesperson told SFGATE that its flagship San Francisco location is set to close in the next few months, citing a familiar reason: lack of customer foot traffic, which the company pinned in part on unsafe conditions — or at least people’s perception of unsafe conditions — in the surrounding area.

“[It] has become clear that downtown San Francisco is no longer a viable option for Coco Republic’s flagship store,” the spokesperson wrote in an email, adding, “It was a difficult decision and one that was not taken lightly. The recent closings of Whole Foods, Nordstrom, Saks Off 5th and Anthropologie show that ours is not an isolated problem in Union Square, and we hope the city will be able to address the issues that are making it so challenging to do business there.”
https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/san-francisco-coco-republic-flagship-closing-18091246.php

--------------------------
May 12th, 2023 at 7:36:37 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold

That's approximately 500,000 more than I care about; I don't live in NYC and don't care what they do or who lives there.

Actually, lots of restaurants hiring around me. Perhaps they could send us a few buses' worth.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 12th, 2023 at 7:45:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Things are working out really well in NYC where the voting majority continue to get exactly what they voted for.

So what
You complain yet you stay
That tells me everything is overall fine
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2023 at 8:53:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DoubleGold

The people there voted for it so hopefully they are enjoying the influx.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2023 at 1:56:05 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Now NYC is housing them in school gyms.

May 12th, 2023 at 2:56:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Cool.
Welcome to America
It's not that bad according to my Tanko meter
If you are staying, the ol Tanko meter says NYC still a fabulous place to live :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2023 at 4:21:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

Cool.
Welcome to America
It's not that bad according to my Tanko meter
If you are staying, the ol Tanko meter says NYC still a fabulous place to live :-)

Under that criteria you must love DeSantis' policies you wintered in FLorida and you stayed in the US when Trump was in power, what a great country it was then. You must have loved it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 3123>