Santuary City Doom Loops

Page 3 of 3<123
May 13th, 2023 at 3:38:04 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
Guiliani started the national sanctuary city mess in 1994. It was initially intended to protect undocumented witnesses and undocumented crime victims from being reported to immigration services. Then he went overboard with it, and other cities quickly followed.

'Rudy Giuliani fought federal government to defend undocumented immigrants as NYC mayor'

'Homeless vets are being booted from NY hotels to make room for migrants: advocates'

Wasn't Rudy a liberal back then?
May 13th, 2023 at 3:44:48 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Gandler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqNEo9_IXP8

So, I am a big fan of scam baiting videos. And, I watched the above last night. Long video summarized= scam where a Chinese Man illegally enters country to pick up a large amount of cash.

They confront him in a hotel room and call the police. The police let him walk out (despite admitting to the fraud and being in the country illegally), and the police keep saying "it is a Sancturary city". Even the Chinese scammer seems shocked that he can just walk (my guess is the Chinese police would have a different response). And, the police go on to say how they let an illegal walk who was charged with a double homicide because it is a sanctuary city (about 1:10 of the video).

If this is what conservatives are outraged about, I do not blame them. My respect for sanctuary cities is certainly going down. This is not chasing down illegals for immigration violations (which you can argue if local police should be involved in), this is letting illegals walk from major crimes because it is too politically bothersome to book them. This is bad for law and order.

I think of all the folks that entered our country legally and what we had to do.

If you want to change the laws, change them but don't protect illegals.
May 14th, 2023 at 2:48:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DoubleGold
It's the mentality of spending before earning.

--------------------------

New York, San Francisco Office Buildings Are Absolute Ghost Towns

MAY 13, 2023
Things are so bad, in fact, that 26 Empire State Buildings could fit into New York City's empty office space, as occupancy in the city is hovering around 50% of prepandemic levels, according to the chair of Harvard Economics Department, Edward Glaeser and MIT's Carlo Ratti.
---------------------------

That was bound to happen. Rents are insane and for that rent you get to walk over needles and human waste as you leave. Meanwhile you hope your car was not broken into for something you left on the seat.

San Francisco has been a gilded, Brazil-like place with destitute barely scratching by among wealth for many years now. That cannot last.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2023 at 4:15:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
During the Obama reign, Sanctuary City count increased by 650% (not shown here).

This is one way the politicians help make ends meet using federal funds.

There's no telling where the money goes.

--------------------------------

Senate Passes $1.7 Trillion Budget Bill–Here Are Some Of The Most Notable Items, Including Money For Sanctuary Cities And $15 Billion In Earmarks

Dec 22, 2022
The bill includes $785 million for migrant services such as food and shelter–money that is expected to be doled out to sanctuary cities that have seen a surge in migrants in the past year, including Sen. Chuck Schumer’s home state of New York.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/12/22/senate-passes-17-trillion-budget-billhere-are-some-of-the-most-notable-items-including-money-for-sanctuary-cities-and-15-billion-in-earmarks/?sh=2e356cf5862e

-------------------------------
May 14th, 2023 at 4:51:18 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: AZDuffman
That was bound to happen. Rents are insane and for that rent you get to walk over needles and human waste as you leave. Meanwhile you hope your car was not broken into for something you left on the seat.

San Francisco has been a gilded, Brazil-like place with destitute barely scratching by among wealth for many years now. That cannot last.

My guess is public transit will be the next to take a hit.
Page 3 of 3<123