Joe and Hunter

June 28th, 2023 at 6:56:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I haven’t dug deep on this…. But isn’t it accepted fact by all that Hunter took millions of dollars as some sort of ‘consultant’ from Burisma? Just that Hunter would deny there was any illegality to it? Rx, are you implying there is a chance Hunter didn’t receive millions of dollars from Ukrainian sources? Despite having no credentials other than Biden as a last name?

I would bet my bottom dollar that Joe received no direct payment or bribe. But Hunter was just a well paid pawn. I don’t know enough about the laws involved to figure out if his accepting that money was criminal or not.

Hunter could have told them Joe Biden will ignore whatever shady activities might be going on at Burisma as long as Hunter is employed there. Which might be true of a lot of President's children without actually making a deal with his dad. That's a all on Hunter, but not on Biden at all.

As long as Joe didn't know about it, it would be hard for them to do anything against Joe Biden. We already know Hunter was involved in illegal activities.

I doubt if few politicians would look very hard at any company their children were working at, unless forced by circumstances where they aren't allowed to ignore it by an investigative agency..

It's not ethical, but I don't think it's easily proven to be linked to the parent. Maybe they find something else to prosecute Hunter for, but can they link it to his dad? I have no concern if they catch Hunter at anything else and throw him in jail. I'm only looking for the political link to his Dad.

If you owned the right kind of company could keeping a President's son on your board of directors potentially be worth millions of dollars in connections and business? I don't see why not. So you throw him a big paycheck for nothing he's doing but representing your company.

If i was in a small foreign country, having a US president's son on my company board could pay dividends even legally just by perception. People schmooze powerful people all the time hoping to gain some favor, even if they don't slip the cash to them.

Same applies to China connections or anywhere else for that matter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2023 at 8:42:25 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO
I haven’t dug deep on this…. But isn’t it accepted fact by all that Hunter took millions of dollars as some sort of ‘consultant’ from Burisma? Just that Hunter would deny there was any illegality to it? Rx, are you implying there is a chance Hunter didn’t receive millions of dollars from Ukrainian sources? Despite having no credentials other than Biden as a last name?

I would bet my bottom dollar that Joe received no direct payment or bribe. But Hunter was just a well paid pawn. I don’t know enough about the laws involved to figure out if his accepting that money was criminal or not.

The fact that Hunter paid his dad $50K / month to 'rent' his dad beach house count?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 29th, 2023 at 5:00:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
The fact that Hunter paid his dad $50K / month to 'rent' his dad beach house count?

Please be sure to let us know when you find evidence of an actual crime.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2023 at 6:20:54 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
The problem righties have now is that there is NEVER going to be a Biden scandal as big or as consequential as Donny’s “Hey, come look at my stolen classified Iran war plans that I’ve been hoarding in the bathroom of my Bribe Palace!”

I agree with that but it is still a horrible standard to set. Vote for John Wayne Gacy, he only killed 33 people.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2023 at 12:02:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The real problem is investigating Biden corruption is an impeachable offense to the liberals.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2023 at 2:15:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I have no problem with the hammer being dropped on Hunter Biden. But, the irony is that the two criminal charges (buying a gun when not supposed to and tax evasion) are something that conservatives usually cheer.

Don't get me wrong I am glad that these are being aggressively prosecuted (I think these are very important laws to enforce), and the President's son should get zero special treatment regardless of who is the President currently.

But, these are charges that cons love to rant about being unconstitutional enforcement to begin with...... So there is a lot of double speak going on with this issue. I would guess if Trump's son bought a gun during a period when prohibited and evaded taxes there would be a wall of defenses going up in the public discourse (and my opinion would be identical). The left is not the one with the double standard on this issue.
July 5th, 2023 at 9:15:13 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Secret Service found cocaine in the West Wing.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-test-confirms-cocaine-found-white-house/story?id=100707450

Has Hunter relapsed?

Does Joe toot?

So many unanswered questions.
July 5th, 2023 at 9:24:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
Secret Service found cocaine in the West Wing.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-test-confirms-cocaine-found-white-house/story?id=100707450

Has Hunter relapsed?

Does Joe toot?

So many unanswered questions.

According to Google

Quote:
Unfortunately relapse rates for individuals who enter recovery from a drug or alcohol addiction are quite high. Studies reflect that about 40-60% of individuals relapse within 30 days of leaving an inpatient drug and alcohol treatment center, and up to 85% relapse within the first year.

Lesson here is, don't get addicted to hard drugs or serious alcohol abuse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2023 at 10:11:23 AM permalink
rxwine
I just heard Dana Lash(?) making accusations about Hunter being a national security threat if he’s allowed in the White House. About 35% of Republicans want one in the Oval Office chair.
July 5th, 2023 at 10:14:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I wouldn't worry about Hunter.

It'll be tough enough to pay child support with a record.

Not too many would hire a crack addict.

If I were him, I'd apply for a minimum wage job to increase chances.