Google: People Also Ask

December 12th, 2023 at 7:41:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I watch people around me buying bottled water. Most of the people I know. I'd say 99% of the water I drink is from the tap. I used to hear people selling bottled water on the strip were putting tap water in the bottles they sold. Never bought one anyway. How would you get the lids to seal to fool people?

That was generally a myth. I am sure someone did it once or twice but bottles of water are so cheap ($2.99 for 24) that selling them for $1 you still did pretty well on the profit side.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 12th, 2023 at 10:39:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
That was generally a myth. I am sure someone did it once or twice but bottles of water are so cheap ($2.99 for 24) that selling them for $1 you still did pretty well on the profit side.

Yeah, it’s probably the companies putting tap water in the bottles.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 12th, 2023 at 4:33:44 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Yeah, it’s probably the companies putting tap water in the bottles.

Another dirty little secret. Many bottled waters are municipal water, filtered and purified and then bottled and sold for lots of money.
December 13th, 2023 at 4:25:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Bing ai,

Quote:
Yes, regenerative braking could potentially be useful in landing airplanes. A team of engineers from the University of Lincoln confirmed the feasibility of using aircraft regenerative braking from the landing gear to provide power for taxiing to and from airport buildings¹². This would reduce the need to use jet engines¹².

The energy produced by a plane's braking system during landing, which is currently wasted as heat produced by friction in the aircraft's disc brakes, would be captured and converted into electricity by motor-generators built into the landing gear¹. The electricity would then be stored and supplied to the in-hub motors in the wheels of the plane when it needed to taxi¹.

Theoretically, an energy recovery system integrated into a plane's landing gear might be able to provide all the power needed for taxiing from a runway back to the airport terminal¹. If at any time a limited amount of power was available, the plane could supplement this with its conventional engines¹.

However, there are a number of technical challenges that would need to be overcome. For example, weight would be a key issue, so a way of minimizing the number of conductors and electronic power converters used in an on-board energy recovery system would need to be identified¹.

The Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe (ACARE) has made engine-less taxiing one of the key objectives beyond 2020 for the European aviation industry¹². Taxiing is a highly fuel-inefficient part of any trip by plane with emissions and noise pollution caused by jet engines being a huge issue for airports all over the world¹. If the next generation of aircraft that emerges over the next 15 to 20 years could incorporate this kind of technology, it would deliver enormous benefits, especially for people living near airports¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 12/13/2023
(1) Engineers confirm feasibility of aircraft regenerative braking from .... https://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/02/epsrc-20120227.html.
(2) Future aircraft could use power from regenerative braking for taxiing .... https://ecofriend.com/future-aircraft-power-regenerative-braking-taxiing.html.
(3) Does an RC Motor and ESC provide Regenerative Braking. https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/does-an-rc-motor-and-esc-provide-regenerative-braking/.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2023 at 6:11:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I watch people around me buying bottled water. Most of the people I know. I'd say 99% of the water I drink is from the tap. I used to hear people selling bottled water on the strip were putting tap water in the bottles they sold. Never bought one anyway. How would you get the lids to seal to fool people?

I didn't really care; I figured it was probably tap water. It was eighty-something degrees and I was thirsty, so the water was good enough for me. We use a Brita pitcher and all of our water comes from the tap. I don't really care for the spring water they put in gallon jugs (the Brita water is better, imo) and can't really justify individual bottles of water because I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 14th, 2023 at 5:25:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
It seems that from Thanksgiving through New Years my diet is bombarded by a lot of meat generally, including more red meat. I'm not trying to live forever, but the health problems that would take you out don't sound fun. On the other hand, see the first one. Health experts are all over the place as usual, so the below goes from one side to the other.

>>>

Is it healthier to stop eating red meat?

The researchers found "low" evidence that either red meat or processed meat is harmful. Their advice: there's no need to reduce your regular red meat and processed meat intake for health reasons.Feb 1, 2020

What's the beef with red meat? - Harvard Health

harvard.edu

__

Is it bad to eat steak every day?

Regardless of the specific cut of meat you choose or how you eat it, the levels of saturated fat and cholesterol mean that regular consumption makes you more susceptible to high blood pressure and more serious cardiovascular complications as a result.
__

Is red meat actually unhealthy?

However, it's also high in saturated fat, and some processed varieties may be high in sodium and preservatives, which can negatively affect health. Furthermore, several observational studies link red meat consumption to higher risks of heart disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes, and death.

healthline.com
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 14th, 2023 at 5:36:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
It seems that from Thanksgiving through New Years my diet is bombarded by a lot of meat generally, including more red meat. I'm not trying to live forever, but the health problems that would take you out don't sound fun. On the other hand, see the first one. Health experts are all over the place as usual, so the below goes from one side to the other.

>>>

Is it healthier to stop eating red meat?

The researchers found "low" evidence that either red meat or processed meat is harmful. Their advice: there's no need to reduce your regular red meat and processed meat intake for health reasons.Feb 1, 2020

What's the beef with red meat? - Harvard Health

harvard.edu

__

Is it bad to eat steak every day?

Regardless of the specific cut of meat you choose or how you eat it, the levels of saturated fat and cholesterol mean that regular consumption makes you more susceptible to high blood pressure and more serious cardiovascular complications as a result.
__

Is red meat actually unhealthy?

However, it's also high in saturated fat, and some processed varieties may be high in sodium and preservatives, which can negatively affect health. Furthermore, several observational studies link red meat consumption to higher risks of heart disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes, and death.

healthline.com

One thing different advocates generally agree on is processed food, not being generally good. Most seem to agree sugar isn't so good either. But there is more controversy beyond that. (by processed I mean, more than being chopped up and frozen or very minimal processing)
December 14th, 2023 at 5:39:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Also, people should take into account, your average body at 20 can deal with a whole lot more abuse of all kinds of foods in different amounts than it usually does as the years add up.
December 14th, 2023 at 6:04:39 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
It seems that from Thanksgiving through New Years my diet is bombarded by a lot of meat generally, including more red meat. I'm not trying to live forever, but the health problems that would take you out don't sound fun.

That is why I always try to remember that I can always take myself out at any time I want.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 15th, 2023 at 5:24:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
BetMGM may be ready to have me return to the fold, throwing me some freebets out of the blue. I hope so, as Draftkings isn't thrilling me with their offers anymore, plus their location verification sucks, for my laptop and my smartphone both. DK will just kick you off all of a sudden and that sort of thing too, while BetMGM doesn't care where you are located until you want to place a bet, then there is seldom any problem.

I've never gotten a good answer as to how the location function actually works, for example the below is the kind of answer you get from someone who doesn't actually know

>>>

How do gambling apps verify location?

This is verified by GPS/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi location services. Generally, if you're having trouble with location detection, it's because location services or Wi-Fi aren't enabled on your device. [of course it should just not work at all if that latter bit was it]
__

return to the fold?

Come back to a group after an absence... This term employs fold in the sense of “an enclosure for sheep,” which has been used figuratively since the first half of the 1300s.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]