What if...

Page 12 of 14« First<91011121314>
December 10th, 2023 at 1:41:52 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
If I knowingly accept a position in public office from an elected person, after the person committed a crime against humanity, am I liable for the crime and future crimes during the term while I had the position?
December 10th, 2023 at 2:47:01 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: GenoDRPh
So the only people who should be selected for elected office, or appointed is straight white males?

Not enough information provided for a crime against humanity, because the jurisdictional population could be all Straight White Males.

I'd consider legal options, such as selection based upon merit.

I definitely wouldn't run for office and knowingly commit a crime against humanity, because there're negative consequences.
December 10th, 2023 at 4:31:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Quote: DRich
No, No No. I might just vote for RuPaul because he/she might be the least offensive candidate.

So now your vote is either RuPaul or SOOPOO. Not much difference to chose from there.

Does he have a fancier wig?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 10th, 2023 at 7:58:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
No, No No. I might just vote for RuPaul because he/she might be the least offensive candidate.

So now your vote is either RuPaul or SOOPOO. Not much difference to chose from there.

Doctor please answer the question.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 10th, 2023 at 12:42:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DoubleGold
If I knowingly support a person running for an election that committed a crime against humanity (human rights violation), am I personally responsible for the person's crime and all future crimes against humanity the person may or may not commit during the term, if the person wins the election?

For example, if I knowingly supported Hitler after he committed the first crime against humanity.

Put it in context for today: Are the Palestinians responsible for the actions of their chosen leaders in attacking Israel, and given that they allowed Hamas to become embedded with the populace aren't they viable targets and not victims of war crimes?
December 10th, 2023 at 2:38:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Put it in context for today: Are the Palestinians responsible for the actions of their chosen leaders in attacking Israel, and given that they allowed Hamas to become embedded with the populace aren't they viable targets and not victims of war crimes?

Achieving power often involves many more components than everyone agreeing with a particular movement. A communist was successfully blamed for the Reichstag fire, and that helped justify rounding up a third of the opposition in Germany when Hitler came to power. Political corruption involves making yourself out to be a force for good, and your enemies the cause, until you achieve enough power to not need to hide your actions. Like a bad marriage, leadership promises whatever is necessary to appease the skeptics. Later it starts doing want it wants.

I just don't think it's likely that the entire population is culpable. Actually, that view lines up with what Hamas preaches about all Jews... in that they're all guilty.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 10th, 2023 at 2:56:12 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I have never seen Soopoo in a wig, but have you seen him in a nighty?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 10th, 2023 at 4:02:11 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

I have never seen Soopoo in a wig, but have you seen him in a nighty?

Aw DR you promised not to tell. Myself, I will honor that commitment.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 11th, 2023 at 12:50:52 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: missedhervee

Possibly the affirmative voters (not all Palestinians) of the Palestinian leader of the most recent overall election for the country, after knowing about the first human rights crime of that specific election winner.

I'd think a person would have to vote for the winner, after the first human rights crime, to be personally responsible.

The difference between a person voting for the criminal knowingly and a person accepting an employment position from the criminal knowingly, could be personal responsibility versus personal liability.

I'd give a pass to all that didn't know the person was a criminal (negligent).
December 11th, 2023 at 1:20:37 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Additionally, Biden is likely liable for numerous crimes against humanity with the DEI executive orders (bypassing Congress).

What it looks like is, Biden is forcing the government corporation and government employees to become racists, if they weren't already.

I'd guess the recent departure of Susan Rice had to do with her becoming aware of the human rights' liability.

It's possible Biden is being blackmailed, because why risk being charged with crimes against humanity?

-------------------

Biden’s making gov’t discriminate by race — he needs to stop

Updated March 11, 2023
Forget defending the nation, mailing Social Security checks or any of the federal government’s other jobs. Under President Biden’s explicit orders, the executive branch is increasingly going to push racial “equity.”

This outrageous exercise in reverse discrimination has absolutely no place in government.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/bidens-making-govt-discriminate-by-race/

---------------------
Page 12 of 14« First<91011121314>