The Biden Presidency 2024

February 7th, 2024 at 8:24:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
It's been a million a year since the 1990s. In other words, nothing new.

It may be a million ILLEGALS a year since the 90’s. But now with the ridiculous ‘asylum’ rules they are adding 1-2 million a year LEGALLY. So you need to add the two numbers to get the full scope of the disaster. Ask the mayor of NYC if it’s a disaster. Ask the mayor of Chicago how they are doing. Ask the mayors of the myriad of Texas/Arizona border towns how they are doing. Ask the NYC cops attacked by the migrant swarm how it’s going. Ask any of them if it’s ‘nothing new’! You can be an ostrich with your head in the sand if you want. That’s what saying ‘nothing new’ indicates….
February 8th, 2024 at 3:46:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
It may be a million ILLEGALS a year since the 90’s. But now with the ridiculous ‘asylum’ rules they are adding 1-2 million a year LEGALLY. So you need to add the two numbers to get the full scope of the disaster. Ask the mayor of NYC if it’s a disaster. Ask the mayor of Chicago how they are doing. Ask the mayors of the myriad of Texas/Arizona border towns how they are doing. Ask the NYC cops attacked by the migrant swarm how it’s going. Ask any of them if it’s ‘nothing new’! You can be an ostrich with your head in the sand if you want. That’s what saying ‘nothing new’ indicates….

If you ran a business, how would you discourage illegal workers from working there? Put a fence up, or not hire them?

If you wanted your neighbor to stop hiring illegal workers, would you put a fence up, or have some method that actually works to punish him if he hires them. {So, much easier to go directly to the source, than build fences.

And why should I complain about cities authorizing handouts that become a problem for them. They have voters who vote. Let them take care of it.

And sure we're going to then have more time to concentrate on criminals and the cartel that still try to get in. And that would be a bonus benefit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2024 at 4:41:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I appreciate President Biden's ability to speak regularly with past leaders of foreign countries long after their deaths.

He has apparently used the same basic story about a summit fairly recently (2021?) and speaking with different foreign leaders in different speeches--once François Mitterrand and another time (maybe more than one time because it sounds like he used the same speech at different fundraisers without correcting who he said that he spoke with) Helmut Kohl.

Yeah, he is just fine...nothing to see here...
February 8th, 2024 at 1:27:22 PM permalink
RonC
The President is crowing about not being charged for the classified document issues...he failed to mention that some of that decision came about because he would make a sympathetic defendant because of his inability to remember things.

A glowing report indeed!
February 8th, 2024 at 4:08:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
If you ran a business, how would you discourage illegal workers from working there? Put a fence up, or not hire them?

If you wanted your neighbor to stop hiring illegal workers, would you put a fence up, or have some method that actually works to punish him if he hires them. {So, much easier to go directly to the source, than build fences.

And why should I complain about cities authorizing handouts that become a problem for them. They have voters who vote. Let them take care of it.

And sure we're going to then have more time to concentrate on criminals and the cartel that still try to get in. And that would be a bonus benefit.

I am all for severe penalties for businesses that intentionally hire illegal aliens. I would do both. Attempt to stop the illegal crossing and fake asylum entries, AND punish entities that hire the illegals. The two are not mutually exclusive.
February 8th, 2024 at 6:44:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It is amazing that the libtards think that a bill that lets over 1 million ‘asylum seekers’ in in a calendar year is considered ‘securing the border’. They can say Fox this, Langford that…. The nuts and bolts of the bill just allow actions after the daily disaster has reached ridiculous levels. And always remember, the numbers do NOT include the hundreds of thousands that cross illegally. Trump, the most deplorable major candidate in history, is ahead of the Democrat because enough Americans can see through the absolute bullshit the Democrats are peddling.

Is it possible ‘the bill’ is better than nothing? Sure. But acting like it will ‘secure the border’ is just preposterous.

What is the proper hard limit for asylum seekers?
February 8th, 2024 at 8:31:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
What is the proper hard limit for asylum seekers?

Less than 1,000,000 a year. I’d want NONE until we get the millions here on the public dole off the public dole. I understand your point. But mine is that asylum was meant for those persecuted for religion, politics, and stuff like that. It is CLEARLY now just being used as an excuse to seek ‘a better life’.
How many do I think are truly seeking asylum? It’s gotta be a small percentage.
February 9th, 2024 at 8:53:08 AM permalink
RonC
Less than 1,000,000 a year. I’d want NONE until we get the millions here on the public dole off the public dole. I understand your point. But mine is that asylum was meant for those persecuted for religion, politics, and stuff like that. It is CLEARLY now just being used as an excuse to seek ‘a better life’.
How many do I think are truly seeking asylum? It’s gotta be a small percentage.

I'm good with a million or less once we sort out the mess we have now.

My policy would be that we can let some in, count them, process them, and toss the ones that don't qualify in line for later consideration behind all those already awaiting potential green card under non-asylum admissions. The count gets adjusted back down once people are tossed out of the country.

The problem is with both sides no matter what certain people here might think. For whatever reasons, Democrats have decided open borders and nearly unlimited entry--legal and illegal--is acceptable. At least up until now... Maybe they want voters eventually, maybe they think they can save the world, maybe they think it does no harm to allow the border to be overrun. whatever...

Republicans don't push hard enough as a whole because too many of them are beholden to people who might just benefit a lot from lower paid workers to help their businesses make even more.

So...we have to rely too much on the President to enforce the existing laws and craft some other disincentives for illegal entry and handling asylum seekers.
February 9th, 2024 at 11:32:11 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
The President is crowing about not being charged for the classified document issues...he failed to mention that some of that decision came about because he would make a sympathetic defendant because of his inability to remember things.

A glowing report indeed!

I'm hoping that these accusations are just gratuitous and false cheap shots on a Democrat President by a MAGA former US prosecutor.
February 9th, 2024 at 11:38:52 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
It is amazing that the libtards think that a bill that lets over 1 million ‘asylum seekers’ in in a calendar year is considered ‘securing the border’. They can say Fox this, Langford that…. The nuts and bolts of the bill just allow actions after the daily disaster has reached ridiculous levels. And always remember, the numbers do NOT include the hundreds of thousands that cross illegally. Trump, the most deplorable major candidate in history, is ahead of the Democrat because enough Americans can see through the absolute bullshit the Democrats are peddling.

Is it possible ‘the bill’ is better than nothing? Sure. But acting like it will ‘secure the border’ is just preposterous.

The GOP critics paint these threshold numbers as if they are a count of illegals set loose in the US. The triggers for emergency action are based on contacts with immigrants. The bill was meant to fundamentally change asylum procedures at the border so that a fraction of the asylum seekers even pass the first screening interview and the rest are shown the exit. Would this bill have actually achieved that? We'll never know, that aspect was deliberately avoided. No one talked about hammering out something better that could pass. All we got from the GOP was campaign to kill it based on misinformation. It's dead now. Congratulations GOP you have what you wanted. Border Chaos remains.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.