The Biden Presidency 2024

February 10th, 2024 at 9:44:08 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Random question of the day. What happens when we discover someone in the US and we can't identify their native-born country? And they refuse to give it away, even to the point of not speaking. Surely, we can't deport them to a random country. Can you hold them in jail indefinitely?

My sense is they get held in custody until their identity, nationality and immigration/citizenship status is determined.
February 10th, 2024 at 9:44:48 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: RonC
If that is what Biden is doing, he should have learned how to be better at selling it like Bill Clinton was... If he was more like that, he would have started fixing it/trying to fix it/trying to put the Republicans on the spot BEFORE it hurt him this badly in polling.

I am not even sure what the heck that comment is about. If it is about the border, I have been fired up about that forever. I live in a border state. The President has failed to enforce border laws.

I guess saying "Trump" is just a way to deflect from the harm the President has done.

Go for it.

I mean the GOP misinformation campaign got you fired up to oppose the bill. Deflection? You have me confused with someone who in inclined to defend Biden. I voted for him and I’ll vote for him again but his leadership is terrible.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 10th, 2024 at 9:44:52 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Random question of the day. What happens when we discover someone in the US and we can't identify their native-born country? And they refuse to give it away, even to the point of not speaking. Surely, we can't deport them to a random country. Can you hold them in jail indefinitely?

Great question. I would guess there is something in the ‘Homeland Security Act’ that lets us ‘detain’ him indefinitely pending the satisfactory answering of that question. If I’m the illegal guy I just say ‘Spanish Harlem’.

I assume the country we are trying to deport the scoundrel to must agree to accept the scoundrel back.
February 10th, 2024 at 9:50:20 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Biden could tell the AG that he contends that he is fully competent and to ask Hur to move forward with charges for his negligence (the investigation found the elements of something that could be charged or Hur would not taken the path of providing an "out" from prosecution).

He can't be prosecuted right now anyway and he thinks he will be President until 2029...lots of time for him to self-pardon or for Kamala to pardon him if he steps down.

He is different from Trump because he did not commit obstruction, but Senators and Vice Presidents don't have ANY right to have classified documents outside of secured locations. Trump's crimes are "worse" if proven, but it isn't like Biden and Pence did not commit a crime.

It has been reported that the AG was in a pickle because he would have to tell Congress if he took stuff out of the report...but I am not sure if that is true.
February 12th, 2024 at 4:30:07 AM permalink
RonC
Kirby's promotion is not a demotion of KJP--your White House

KJP has been given less of the work at the podium for a few months now. She seems very uncomfortable at the podium. I don't blame her for that; that job is not for everyone. One could be the best at speaking about the administration inside the building and yet just not be great at public speaking when called on to answer a plethora of questions. I also believe it is a very stressful job for any person who holds the position. You know much, much more than you can say and you are the only one out there day in and day out having to work around the knowledge you have and can't divulge in public.
February 12th, 2024 at 6:12:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Kirby's promotion is not a demotion of KJP--your White House

KJP has been given less of the work at the podium for a few months now. She seems very uncomfortable at the podium. I don't blame her for that; that job is not for everyone. One could be the best at speaking about the administration inside the building and yet just not be great at public speaking when called on to answer a plethora of questions. I also believe it is a very stressful job for any person who holds the position. You know much, much more than you can say and you are the only one out there day in and day out having to work around the knowledge you have and can't divulge in public.

You spend way too much time thinking about KJP.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 12th, 2024 at 6:24:04 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
You spend way too much time thinking about KJP.

Whatever. I follow the news and make comments on it. Literally takes as a minute or two.
February 12th, 2024 at 9:04:54 AM permalink
RonC
Good move to have President Biden speaking earlier in the day. He sounds a good bit better at an appearance this morning than he has at later times in the day.
February 12th, 2024 at 12:00:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Good move to have President Biden speaking earlier in the day. He sounds a good bit better at an appearance this morning than he has at later times in the day.

Both Biden and Trump have to have a regular supply of newborn baby’s blood.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 12th, 2024 at 3:06:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The WH Press Secretary job is EXTREMELY difficult. It’s hard enough to lie for your own benefit, but when you have to lie for others it is more difficult. It’s the same no matter who is the President. It’s a great job that sets you up for big $$$ at CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc…