The Biden Presidency 2024

Page 9 of 11« First<67891011>
February 15th, 2024 at 10:46:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
What investigators?

I have added the link to the article. Thank you for pointing out that I neglected to add the source.
February 15th, 2024 at 11:25:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It wasn’t made very clear that “classified” includes handwritten notes, Handwritten notes that aren’t necessarily classified when they are taken. Information that comes in a briefing later can become classified. No senator, President, or Vice President has ever been prosecuted for handwritten notes. I suspect Trump didn’t ever take any as he’s not being prosecuted for any handwritten notes that I know of. All his were actual documents.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2024 at 12:59:40 PM permalink
RonC
It wasn’t made very clear that “classified” includes handwritten notes, Handwritten notes that aren’t necessarily classified when they are taken. Information that comes in a briefing later can become classified.

"But even a handwritten note can be considered classified if someone is recording observations related to a classified document or briefing. Such notes can be deemed classified even if not marked as such."

https://www.informnny.com/news/politics/ap-bidens-handwritten-notes-part-of-classified-docs-probe/

(Not sure how good this source is overall but it goes to the question. It makes sense. If the characteristics of a weapon are classified and you write those on a piece of paper, that would also be classified information. Imagine if that wasn't the case...)

No senator, President, or Vice President has ever been prosecuted for handwritten notes. I suspect Trump didn’t ever take any as he’s not being prosecuted for any handwritten notes that I know of. All his were actual documents.

"Some of the documents held by Trump also had handwritten notes, according to the FBI. "

(same source)

The recklessness with classified information by both Trump and Biden, and to some extent Pence, is troubling. Regardless of criminal charges. we need better handling of this vital information.
February 15th, 2024 at 1:25:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC

The recklessness with classified information by both Trump and Biden, and to some extent Pence, is troubling. Regardless of criminal charges. we need better handling of this vital information.

Presidents should have an onsite person to monitor daily document use. When a president pockets it to go on Air Force One to finish reviewing something, someone should be keeping track of that. Who knows how many times a week, a president has an unexpected notification that derails his focus for long enough to disrupt his concentration. And these old guys aren't getting better at multitasking, and multitasking is rough for young people if lots of stuff is going on. Lots of serious stuff, makes it even worse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 16th, 2024 at 4:46:53 AM permalink
RonC
Presidents should have an onsite person to monitor daily document use. When a president pockets it to go on Air Force One to finish reviewing something, someone should be keeping track of that. Who knows how many times a week, a president has an unexpected notification that derails his focus for long enough to disrupt his concentration. And these old guys aren't getting better at multitasking, and multitasking is rough for young people if lots of stuff is going on. Lots of serious stuff, makes it even worse.

I agree but the issue with Pence and Biden is that they weren't ever President when they took classified material from their offices. Some of Biden's go back to his days in the Senate. How many people are playing loose with classified documents? How did Biden get them out of the secured facility? The rules on SCI are tighter than plain old TS and lower stuff, so maybe the latter are handled outside the SCIF a lot which means less securely.

All I know is that when I signed out classified stuff I did it knowing that I could easily end up in jail if anything happened to it. I realize a lower level military person doesn't routinely need that kind of thing all the time (though some handle it daily, of course, based on their job) but all are taught the need to keep it secure. More so for the ones that handle higher level stuff.

Politician should not get a pass for retaining it after they leave office. The Presidency may be a little different but, based on the fact that information there may be in hundreds of boxes of stuff that leave the WH, literally all of that should be screened either before move out or transferred securely to a SCIF manned by security folks for sorting before ending up in a pile of boxes near a stage. In other words...treat the documents properly.

Move out is hectic since it takes place immediately at the end of a President's term and that person is President until they aren't...so they do need access to lots of things.
February 16th, 2024 at 6:13:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Just a guess, but I don't think a secured facility has been applied to Vice Presidents who have to keep abreast of events (in theory) just as much as a President. Senators I don't know. I assume they have to be part of the so-called Gang of 8. If either the Vice or President needs to know something the info is arriving wherever they are in some form. That includes other countries they may be in. Maybe a guy with a briefcase shows up. Maybe it's a secure phone call. I don't think Presidents or Vice Presidents pockets get searched at the door in any case.
February 16th, 2024 at 6:17:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Also, if powerful politicians were treated like the rest of us, more of them would probably be in jail than actually end up there.
February 16th, 2024 at 7:23:20 AM permalink
RonC
Also, if powerful politicians were treated like the rest of us, more of them would probably be in jail than actually end up there.

I'm okay with that. Their elitist nonchalant attitude towards the people they serve and the rules that they fail to follow is part of why they are hated in general.

People having access to a SCIF or hand-carried documents does not mean that they can have them at their house, or anywhere else, forever. You use it, then it goes back to the secured area. Tighten the rules and the security. Jail people as necessary. They aren't "special."
March 20th, 2024 at 12:10:53 PM permalink
RonC
The Democrat answer to any question about what President Biden and the Family may have done to become fantastically wealthy on a Senator's and Vice President's salary is...

"...but Trump..."

Russia, Russia, Russia...

Didn't Hunter ask to speak publicly?

Trump's indicted. Years after he left office. There have been investigations going on the whole time.

I'm okay with whatever the courts say. Same thing with the Bidens. Finish investigating and, if criminal acts are found, prosecute him. If civil court is necessary, sue him. If nothing is found and all investigations are closed, great.
March 20th, 2024 at 12:29:05 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
The Democrat answer to any question about what President Biden and the Family may have done to become fantastically wealthy on a Senator's and Vice President's salary is...

"...but Trump..."

Wrong. Pretty sure there’s plenty of accounting out there detailing where Biden’s money came from.

Conflating his earnings with Hunter’s seems dishonest. They keep trying to find some smoking gun connection but fail every time. Maybe Comer will get lucky next time (lol).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 9 of 11« First<67891011>