Random Thought of the Day

October 22nd, 2018 at 9:23:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
As of May 2017, Sofia Vergara's net worth totals $120 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Kaley Cuoco Net Worth: $55 Million. Kaley Cuoco's net worth is $55 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

Vergara banked $41.5 million before taxes and fees, some $15 million more than second-ranked Cuoco of CBS' The Big Bang Theory, who earned $26 million during the same period.

Quote: rxwine
Vanna White is 61
Her net worth of 140 million is due mainly from her annual salary of 8 million on WoF.

The ratio of net worth to last year's annual income is about 3 or 4 to 1. If you are talking about 140 million to 8 million that is a ratio of 15 to 1. Vanna White must have more income than that, or she is very frugal and invests well.

I am willing to bet that if EvenBob made $8 million per year, in 20 years he would have $140 million. But most celebrities spend a lot of money.
October 22nd, 2018 at 10:20:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Pacomartin
But most celebrities spend a lot of money.
They have to. Security, travel, publicity agents, crisis management retainers, lawyer retainers, accountants, secretaries, often bi-coastal duplicates.
October 22nd, 2018 at 10:32:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin

I am willing to bet that if EvenBob made $8 million per year, in 20 years he would have $140 million. .

He uses Trump math, so most likely a billion.

Vanna turns letters, travels, and makes publicity appearances. The work to money ratio is better than those others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2018 at 1:28:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
They have to. Security, travel, publicity agents, crisis management retainers, lawyer retainers, accountants, secretaries, often bi-coastal duplicates.

I read that a big star who gets 20mil
for a movie is lucky to have 4-5 mil
left after taxes and paying the huge
staff they all have. It's a huge list of
support people, a star is actually a
business.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2018 at 8:10:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I was just wondering. With the alleged murder that took place at the Saudi consulate in Turkey, which country did the crime take place in?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 23rd, 2018 at 8:51:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
I was just wondering. With the alleged murder that took place at the Saudi consulate in Turkey, which country did the crime take place in?

Scott Adams asks an interesting question.
Do you know anybody besides CNN and
MS that gives one damn about this story?
16 journalists were killed in Mexico last
your and they said not a word. Yet this
non story is on CNN non stop. Why?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2018 at 9:30:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob

it doesn't take a genius to figure out why any of our allies head of states possibly being directly linked to a murder is news.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 23rd, 2018 at 11:44:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
it doesn't take a genius to figure out why any of our allies head of states possibly being directly linked to a murder is news.

Again, who gives a rip. This kind of crap
happens all the time. We have a real
story, the top justice officials in the
Obama admin, tried to fix an election,
and that goes unnoticed by the MSM.
A murdered journalist though, that's
a big story. Whatever.
October 24th, 2018 at 12:13:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Makes about as much difference to me as it did to the dead reporter but under international law it was probably Saudi Arabia.
October 24th, 2018 at 7:10:29 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob

Unless of course it is your own head of state. American drone attacks killed over 3,500 people under Obama. None of them were in the US but in foreign countries. Many of these were pure assassinations of people who's politics the US didn't agree with. Hard to claim that the Saudi's don't have the right to eliminate their citizens they considerate terrorists.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin