courtesy of The Onion.
A noted humor and satire publication
May 15th, 2015 at 3:18:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
A noted humor and satire publication

Let's hope so. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2015 at 4:53:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
That guy who is, or poses at least as, the head honcho of e-harmony ... the guy strikes me now as absolutely creepy. Why did it take so long for me to figure that out?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 15th, 2015 at 1:42:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
That guy who is, or poses at least as, the head honcho of e-harmony ... the guy strikes me now as absolutely creepy. Why did it take so long for me to figure that out?

He looks and acts like an old letch.
He really is creepy and I can't
imagine he brings business in.
His voice is really annoying.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2015 at 3:41:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
I don't think bikers need an excuse to fight, or to drink or to ride a Harley.

9 people dead in biker battle.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/17/police-report-multiple-fatalities-after-shooting-in-texas/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2015 at 1:46:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."

Really, what is the point? If 5-0 starts hassling me for ID or demands to see a permit for my weapon, am I to disable him and imprison him in my basement? Or are they talking about a different kind of "defense"? Like, am I supposed to picket the governor's office or something?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 20th, 2015 at 1:54:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Really, what is the point? If 5-0 starts hassling me for ID or demands to see a permit for my weapon,

I was target shooting with the .22 and 9mm
pistols on Sat, got off about 40 rounds and
left. When I got home there were two
sheriff cars in my driveway. I said yup, I
was shooting, just like I have for the last
25 years. They didn't even ask to see my
permits. Some yuppies from a development
down the road had seen me and called the
cops. Morons.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 23rd, 2015 at 4:52:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Batman's cape was inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machine.

May 27th, 2015 at 1:07:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
In a study published Wednesday in Nature, researchers report a robot that can adapt to "injury" by quickly learning to move in spite of damaged limbs. In less than two minutes, the six-legged creature can learn to compensate for two broken legs. Using the same technique, the researchers also created a robotic arm that could continue to move objects in spite of multiple malfunctioning motors.

That DARPA, always a prankster with unstoppable killing robots.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/05/27/go-ahead-and-break-this-robots-legs-it-can-figure-out-how-to-chase-you-without-them/
May 27th, 2015 at 7:28:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The military wants big strong rapists, then big strong rapists on 'droids', then robots, then robots who will tear off their own legs and kill you with them. Its known as escalation.