Random Thought of the Day

March 29th, 2016 at 2:08:37 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
There's a small sign on the way to work advertising for a construction company. It made me realize I can't stand the word "roofs".

Paco! Tell me why it's not "rooves".
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 29th, 2016 at 2:10:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
The news today makes me wonder, what is the difference between assault and battery?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 29th, 2016 at 2:22:19 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Wizard
The news today makes me wonder, what is the difference between assault and battery?

Assault is causing a reasonable threat of harm towards another person. Raising my fist at you, yelling that I'll kill you, swerving a car at you, pointing a gun at you, etc., are all assault. Battery is the purposeful use of force with malicious intent. Punching, kicking, pushing, that sort of stuff.
March 29th, 2016 at 2:25:08 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I'll take a stab at it without looking it up...

Assault is intention to cause harm, can be verbal, unwanted touching (including say, tackling, grabbing an arm, bear-hugging). Simple assault would be unwanted contact or verbal abuse that doesn't cause physical harm.

Battery is assault that results in physical injury of some kind, from bruising or twisting to breaking bones or causing bleeding. Again, intention is important, as you can accidentally strike someone and hurt them, and it wouldn't be battery, necessarily. I think football is a good example of damage incidental to the game that would not constitute battery, though if someone specifically targeted another player with malice, then hurt them, they could possibly be charged. But the recipient of that type of damage has pretty much waived their right to sue for damage incurred during a game; they'd have to prove personal malice from the attacker, maybe a statement before the game or something showing specific intent towards that person.

I could be wrong. IANAL.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 30th, 2016 at 2:05:23 PM permalink
Face
Can we rant here? Good. I was gonna do it anyway...

F#$% .gov. Every single Christing thing about it is the epitome of assf#$% clusterf#$%ery I can't even wrap my f#$%ing mind around it. You ever try to use one of their websites? Jesus jumped up Christ on a goddamn cracker. Says right in the help "Click this, then click that". Well, "This" DOESN'T F#$%ING EXIST! So you gotta rope-a-dope all over the goddamn place, read every f#$%ing thread just to find something that looks somewhat similar to what you want, and OH! How about that username and password from 57 f#$%ing months ago? Mind if we have it?

F#$% YOU!!!!!11!1#!1 So you jump that hurdle, somehow remember who you were and what you were into, and by the grace of the FSM manage to pull that info out of your ass. Great. Now you're finally somewhere that looks vaguely familiar. All you need is to print a 1099, all you need is to find one motherf#$%ing box and click it. 45min later, I found it! "Please enter SS#". You f#$%ing c##$%, I just found where you needed, you said I only had to click it, now you want more? Fine. 1! 2! 9 numbers later, and "The SS# is already on our records"

NO F#$%ING SH!T!!!!!!11!! Why do you think I'd be f#$%ing around with you retards if I had no business here!!??!! YES! You have my goddamned records! No sh!t!! And because you "already have my records", now... you're telling me... YOU CAN'T GIVE ME MY RECORDS?!?!?! BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE MY RECORDS!?!?!?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this wasn't a faceless entity I'd kick it right in the face. And then shoot it. In the face. Until it didn't have a face anymore.

Undefeated World War champs, ladies and gentlemen.
March 30th, 2016 at 2:42:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Hey Face,
how about an uncensored video with audio :-)
I have a feeling you got a viral video in you :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 2:53:41 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Can we rant here? Good. I was gonna do it anyway...

You may upset Face. Be careful.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 30th, 2016 at 3:02:44 PM permalink
Face
Quote: terapined
Hey Face,
how about an uncensored video with audio :-)
I have a feeling you got a viral video in you :-)

I don't talk. What I say vs what I type are so dissimilar you'd think it's different people. A video would consist of one guy at a computer typing silently. I'm on a Nu-disco kick, so Chromeo or Jamiroquai would be on in the back ground. And after 45min of absolutely no movement, no sound, no expression, I'd jump up, slam my fist on/through the table, and walk off camera.

I'm a slow thinker, so "live" me is pretty boring. Yes/no, good/bad, hug/smash, thoughts don't get much deeper than that for me. All my prose and pedantry comes after having time to process what happened =p

Quote: Nareed
You may upset Face. Be careful.

><
XD
><

A laugh and some shame, all in one, clever, six word sentence. Well done ;)
March 30th, 2016 at 3:26:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face

If this wasn't a faceless entity I'd kick it right in the face. And then shoot it. In the face. Until it didn't have a face anymore.

Sheer rage can start so simply. Such as: Computer instructs you to fill in blank and then press enter. You do so. Then, computer instructs you to "please" fill in blank and press enter. Yes, you just did that. See... that's how it can start.

Yes, simple as that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2016 at 3:31:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
For Face

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?