Random Thought of the Day

March 30th, 2016 at 3:35:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Sheer rage can start so simply. Such as: Computer instructs you to fill in blank and then press enter. You do so. Then, computer instructs you to "please" fill in blank and press enter. Yes, you just did that. See... that's how it can start.

Yes, simple as that.

I have Windows XP on one of my old computers and every 30 days it boots up and says that I need to activate it. The only options are to activate it or shutdown. When I choose to activate it it says that it is already activated. I can't log in. So every 30 days I have to boot in safe mode and type in commands that reset the 30 day counter. I can then reboot and am good for 30 more days. So frustrating.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 30th, 2016 at 4:02:41 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Sheer rage can start so simply. Such as: Computer instructs you to fill in blank and then press enter. You do so. Then, computer instructs you to "please" fill in blank and press enter. Yes, you just did that. See... that's how it can start.

Yes, simple as that.

Sheer rage? Yes, this was that. But I find it is only the little things which cause it. When I work on my car, even when I break something kinda serious (like that wiring a few weeks back), I just get pissed. There certainly might be an audible "f#$% this s#$%" or much worse, but I carry on with the task.

This is full system shutdown. There is nothing BUT rage. Everything stops and the only way to start it is to f#$%ing break something. And you gotta do it NOW! It's an anxiety on par with not being able to breathe.

For Face

Thanks for the flashback. Imagine being like that every waking moment? I've come a long way =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 30th, 2016 at 4:34:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Sheer rage? Yes, this was that. But I find it is only the little things which cause it. When I work on my car, even when I break something kinda serious (like that wiring a few weeks back), I just get pissed. There certainly might be an audible "f#$% this s#$%" or much worse, but I carry on with the task.

This is full system shutdown. There is nothing BUT rage. Everything stops and the only way to start it is to f#$%ing break something. And you gotta do it NOW! It's an anxiety on par with not being able to breathe.

CTE?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 4:50:04 PM permalink
Face
Quote: terapined

CTE?

I'm afraid you'll have to wait to find that out ;)

I dunno. I've always been like this, though less in intensity and frequency as I've aged. This took me back to '98 again, and DJ rx nailed it to the wall. Haven't felt like that in quite a while.

But then again, I was dealing with .gov. I mean, what did I expect? =p
March 30th, 2016 at 5:22:21 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
F#$% .gov.....

That sounded like a good impression of me trying to use the Nevada version of HealthCare.gov. Spent about two hours searching for a plan, filling out a huge form, with pages for all five members of the family. Then it crashes. They tried to set up a failsafe where your application would be saved as far as you got filling it in...but nothing. My account didn't even exist. I went through it a second time, and the same thing happened.

Finally got my cheap-o health insurance, at twice what I used to pay, directly from the provider. I might add they went bankrupt a year later and I had to go shopping again.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 30th, 2016 at 6:00:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The problem with government sites and software is that they are programmed by government employees. It is exactly the same here in Canada. The unions won't let them out source it so you have programmers that make it easy for themselves and the employees that use the system. They don't do focus groups for actual public users. The users can't leave and go to a better system. The programs designed in house are always years over due and at least double the original estimate.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 31st, 2016 at 8:26:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Evolution is bringing about the downfall of society. By... change. People don't like change. I was just getting used to walking upright.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 31st, 2016 at 10:06:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Sheer rage? Yes, this was that.

It's funny, I rarely get angry anymore.
I used to, but for some reason it just
doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Like yesterday. I'm in my office and
it's raining and the power goes off.
I wait and wait, doesn't come back
on. Sigh. I have a new gen in the
basement that I just got. So I go
out in the rain and drag the thing
all the way to the front porch on
it's little wheels. Took forever, I
was soaked.

Went and got a can of gas at the
corner. Drug out a 50' extension
cord. Got the gen going, got some
lights and TV going, bing, the power
comes back on.

All thru that, not a single inch of
anger. Not even irritation. Same
a couple weeks ago when I had
a dead battery at Walmart and had
to get a service vehicle to help me.
Took an hour. Never got mad, it
just seems like a complete waste
of time. Getting angry means I
can't control everything, that it's
making me emotional. Realizing
I can't control everything seems
to have taken the anger away
and replaced it with acceptance.

It sounds like I went to anger
management but I didn't, it just
all came about naturally.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2016 at 8:47:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
It's funny, I rarely get angry anymore.

I also rarely get angry. I can specifically remember the last time and it was almost five years ago.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 1st, 2016 at 11:17:50 AM permalink
Face
Quote: DRich
I also rarely get angry. I can specifically remember the last time and it was almost five years ago.

I'm mostly the same way. I mean, I'm not to the "rarely get angry" part. I get pissed all the time. But I'm to the point it rarely ruins a day, shuts me down, or, really, it's rare I even have a reaction. I was f#$%ing furious all day today over a bulls#$% California Stop ticket I got, but the only result from it was I got my route done 45 minutes faster from being so hyped. I didn't yell, smash anything, or even complain one audible word. I was "just pissed" aka, "normal" =p

And even the "little things",... I have, for a long time now, been able to swallow it. You will notice me not moving yet tense, will notice the redness and/or bulging blood vessels in my head or neck, but inside my mind is scrambling to put everything back into order so I can continue. Just like when I snapped that wiring. There's just some things, always the tiniest, most ridiculous thing, and I lose control. A tree could take out my entire garage AND my race car, and I'd be all "Aww, shucks" and get to work fixing it. But if I knock over this chocolate milk sitting right next to me? I throw this f#$%ing TV through the bay window, I don't give a s#$%.

More work to do, I guess.

I am Face, and it has been 2 days since I've struck something in anger... =p