First world anti-homosexuality evangelism and Africa

Page 1 of 41234>
November 1st, 2013 at 8:06:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I don't know if you are aware of it, but many Americans who against the widespread acceptance of homosexual weddings in the USA consider Europe a "lost continent".

It is no secret that Christianity is spreading rapidly in Africa. Partly because the population is growing, but also because their are fewer people that are agnostic or atheists. The Catholic church is growing very fast.

Some activists are now blaming evangelists from the USA for stirring up anti-gay movements in Africa.
November 1st, 2013 at 8:39:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
I don't know if you are aware of it, but many Americans who against the widespread acceptance of homosexual weddings in the USA consider Europe a "lost continent".

It is no secret that Christianity is spreading rapidly in Africa. Partly because the population is growing, but also because their are fewer people that are agnostic or atheists. The Catholic church is growing very fast.

Some activists are now blaming evangelists from the USA for stirring up anti-gay movements in Africa.

Gay Activists blame religion for everything. They ignore the fact that bias against homosexuality is found naturally in mankind whether religion is there or not.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2013 at 9:10:45 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
Gay Activists blame religion for everything. They ignore the fact that bias against homosexuality is found naturally in mankind whether religion is there or not.

Difficult to prove or disprove. I am not aware of any traditional societies that had no religion. The oldest statements condemning homosexuality are mostly from a religious nature.

Leviticus was probably reached its present form in the Persian period (538–332 BC). These are the oldest admonitions, but are clearly religious
1) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
2) "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

In Oaxaca Mexico members of the first world gay community, were very interested in a pre-Colombian society that supposedly accepts gay men as a naturally occurring "third sex". Once again, I think it is difficult to prove if acceptance was really widespread, The society has not been isolated for the last 500 years, and lives side by side to the Catholic European society that has been there since 1520. There are very few books from before the conquest.
November 1st, 2013 at 9:22:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Difficult to prove or disprove. I am not aware of any traditional societies that had no religion. The oldest statements condemning homosexuality are mostly from a religious nature.

Let me rephrase and clarify. It is not that religion pops up and condemns homosexuality per se. Religion will almost always pop up, aversion to homosexuality will almost always pop up, a "royal class" will almost always pop up. It does not mean that any of it is related. It means that these are natural human tendencies.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2013 at 12:24:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Many Americans consider Europe to be a country. Most probably consider it to be a continent but see little relevance for it. Its viewed sort of the way we view a museum. We value it, but we ourselves don't actually visit it much. We know there some quaint things on display there, but haven't any real concern or understanding about the displays there or any recent changes in them.

>It is no secret that Christianity is spreading rapidly in Africa.
Among the people or the termites?
Does this mean that someone has paid for a survey? If so, they probably got the result from the survey that they wanted to get. That is usually what surveys are for. Perhaps there has also been a survey of crab grass in Africa. I'm not particularly concerned about crab grass and most definitely not concerned about crab grass in Africa, but then of course no one is.

>The Catholic church is growing very fast.
This would make me think them Catholics didn't pay for the survey since they wouldn't want to be seen as growing in power and effectiveness unless the survey were to be used in fund raising so they could grow even faster. Other than the Catholic church, what other enslavement processes are at work in Africa?

>Some activists are now blaming evangelists from the USA for stirring up anti-gay movements in Africa.
Who would care about an anti gay movement in Africa or a pro gay movement in Africa? Are you referring to gay crab grass in Africa? Are you referring to gay termites or gay Christians in Africa? White European Males discovered Africa long ago... there is nothing new in Africa that interests Whites, therefore there is nothing new in Africa.

In North Africa we have Salamists versus Moderates, but they are not endemic... they are all newly arrived in the country and newly arrived in the headlines. In North Africa we also have these migrating species that drown in rickety boats off the Italian coast... but once again, it matters little if you are talking about crab grass, termites, Christians, gays or Moslems. In relatively civilized nations such as France and Italy the citizens deplore the drowning deaths but readily acknowledge that granting Visas in the uncivilized wilds of Africa would only allow the invading termites to land successfully and be a drain on the economies of France and Italy. These Europeans have already seen the "dish cities" that result from such invasive species... everyone lives in some enclave, they all listen to Allah Teaches the AK-47 on their satellite dishes, none of them learn French or Italian, they only learn satellite speak. Europe does not want any more: be it crab grass, termites, African gays, African Christians or anything else.

So do your surveys, count your oppressors or your oppressed, it makes little difference. Africa doesn't count! And never will. Its a dumping ground for European industrial waste and a cute little photogenic backdrop for occasional weirdo causes that no one really cares about.
November 3rd, 2013 at 3:48:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Many Americans consider Europe to be a country. .

It's so small compared to the States that you can't
blame them. When I had the cab co, I would always
ask tourists from EU what they thought of the US,
and they always complained about the size, how
far everything was from everything else. Go 400
miles in EU and you can cross two countries borders.
In the US, 400 miles is just a 5 hour drive, not a big
deal.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 3rd, 2013 at 4:52:18 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
It's so small compared to the States that you can't blame them.

EU is about half the size of the Contiguous United States. That trip from the Channel Tunnel down to the southern coast of France that all the Brits drive is about 750 miles. But other than that it is difficult to drive much over 400 miles without crossing a border.

To drive 400 miles in 5 hours is pretty fast driving.

Still, there are not that many Americans that think Europe is a country. We may not be particularly savvy, but we are not that dumb.
November 4th, 2013 at 4:01:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Still, there are not that many Americans that think Europe is a country. We may not be particularly savvy, but we are not that dumb.
Kelly on Quiz Show
November 4th, 2013 at 4:06:13 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I have to think that Kellie Pickler is putting people on with some of her comments.
November 4th, 2013 at 10:18:06 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
It's so small compared to the States that you can't
blame them. When I had the cab co, I would always
ask tourists from EU what they thought of the US,
and they always complained about the size, how
far everything was from everything else. Go 400
miles in EU and you can cross two countries borders.
In the US, 400 miles is just a 5 hour drive, not a big
deal.

But twice as many people.... so maybe it's those crazy vocal minorities on the North American continent who got it wrong :D

I never complain about the size of the US.... it's one of it's attractive features. Same with Canada... it takes a while to understand how truly large the countries here are.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 1 of 41234>