First world anti-homosexuality evangelism and Africa

Page 4 of 4<1234
November 9th, 2013 at 4:36:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

Some people simply think of kids as a bundle of germs that wears pajamas, some see a somewhat greater potential and an acceptance of the fact that wet diapers are not particularly a thrilling event to deal with. I've met a great many young girls who decided early in their lives that they would not be reproducing. They value fun too much to give the potential for grand kids much weight.

People wonder about me when I make the statement that there is not one day in my life that I looked forward to raising kids of my own. I would have to imagine a woman making the same statement would get even harder looks of wonder if she said it.

Up until the mid 1900s, kids were wealth. On a farm, kids were put to work by age 6, there is always work that needed to be done on a farm. After farming drifted to factory work, kids could be sent to work and their wages used for the family. Even after the early 1900s ended some very bad abuses, kids still went to work and kicked in. Kids would have sold newspapers or had any other number of small jobs after school, and when the parents got older the kids were expected to help take care of them.

In other words, people had way more kids whether they "liked kids" or not. Kids happened, it was part of life.

After WWII, prosperity set in and the kids that did hustle did it for themselves, but socially if a couple did not have kids, "something was wrong with them." But with birth control, families started getting smaller and smaller. Slowly, having an "only child" became acceptable, and just "stopping" at 2 normal, 3 or more "accidental."

We are now at where society is dividing among those that have kids for enjoyment of having them and those to whom that idea is an alien concept. There is much unspoken hostility between the two groups.
The President is a fink.
November 10th, 2013 at 2:01:59 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman

After WWII, prosperity set in and the kids that did hustle did it for themselves, but socially if a couple did not have kids, "something was wrong with them." But with birth control, families started getting smaller and smaller. Slowly, having an "only child" became acceptable, and just "stopping" at 2 normal, 3 or more "accidental."

We are now at where society is dividing among those that have kids for enjoyment of having them and those to whom that idea is an alien concept. There is much unspoken hostility between the two groups.

It's slightly more complex than that. After the great die offs of the influenza epidemic and WWI in many places many people lived to old age, and children didn't die like puppies.

So even before consumer culture, people actually responded to poor economic climate by having less children. The first sub-replacement fertility rates showed up around the time of the great depression,

Fertility Rates 1930
Germany 1.64
Sweden 1.67
England and Wales 1.78
France 2.06
United States 2.14
Australia 2.15
New Zealand 2.16
Scotland 2.17
Canada 3.19
Italy 3.29
Japan 4.76
Ukraine 5.09

Births in the USA plunged from 1925 to 1935.
1920 2,950,000
1925 2,909,000
1930 2,618,000
1935 2,377,000

While it is popular to think of Europe, with shrinking and ageing populations, is on the brink of a demographically-driven catastrophe, it is possible that there will be a change in attitudes.

If not, then there is always World War Z.
November 10th, 2013 at 2:41:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Can someone explain this storming a fence to Spain??? I even played another video and it featured blacks who seemed to be speaking French but North Africa is separated by the Mediterranean Sea, not a tall wire fence?
November 10th, 2013 at 3:01:52 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Can someone explain this storming a fence to Spain??? I even played another video and it featured blacks who seemed to be speaking French but North Africa is separated by the Mediterranean Sea, not a tall wire fence?

Melilla is a less than 5 square mile city that is in Morocco, but has been part of Spain since 1497. Ceuta is another Spanish city in Africa that has been occuppied by Portuguese and Spanish since 1415.

Immigration into Spain and Portugal was almost nonexistent until they joined the EU in 1986. For the first 10 years after that it was minimal.Seville Expo '92 attracted 42 million visitors and the high speed trains began to run. Given the large number of Spanish speakers in the world, and the similarity of Romanian to Spanish, Spain became one of the most inflationary real estate speculation countries in the world. Since the expansion was so large in Spain the deflation has been much worse.
November 10th, 2013 at 11:22:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Yeah, those cities are sort of separate entities... but how does mere entry into the city allow the people to migrate to Spain... its not as if they are legal residents with papers.
November 10th, 2013 at 4:43:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Yeah, those cities are sort of separate entities... but how does mere entry into the city allow the people to migrate to Spain... its not as if they are legal residents with papers.

The smuggling of people is a huge enterprise with a million officials on the take. It is only a 4 hour ferry from Melilla to Malaga Spain. It would not be unprecedented to pack someone into a shipping container for a trip like that.

They caught that one marine in Tijuana who was being paid to simply leave a door propped open so that people could slip through.
November 10th, 2013 at 5:12:50 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I would think a French speaking, black African would sort of stand out upon arrival in Spain no matter how he got there or who he bribed at the border.
November 10th, 2013 at 5:59:31 PM permalink
Pacomartin
I would think a French speaking, black African would sort of stand out upon arrival in Spain no matter how he got there or who he bribed at the border.

Well many Moroccans speak Spanish in the northern regions, although French is the more popular language. Since there are no border controls on the French Spanish border, there ultimate destination may indeed by France.

Most Guatemalans who cross the border illegally into Mexico are trying to get to the USA. It's just so many are robbed that they end up in Mexico.

But I am sure that in the port cities in northern Spain where there are massive labor shortages, large groups of Moroccans are given work.
Page 4 of 4<1234