The GoPro Thread

November 5th, 2014 at 10:03:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
UNICYCLES + GOPROS + DRONES + MUSIC VIDEO Really couldn't decide where to put this. (aren't true unicycles but fancy electric like looking unicycles

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 20th, 2014 at 5:51:49 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Best mini-cam view ever.
November 27th, 2014 at 6:48:09 PM permalink
rxwine
This gopro video is dedicated to curmudgeons, anyone who doesn't get it, and marijuana users!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2014 at 11:29:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin

This guy put a GoPro on his dog when he left for work to see what he does. Now he never wants to leave the dog alone again.
December 31st, 2014 at 11:53:30 PM permalink
rxwine
I once had a neighbor, and I told him his dog was howling a lot through the day when he left it alone.

He just denied it. He seemed to love his dog, but he couldn't seem to accept that his dog was howling.
January 6th, 2015 at 5:59:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
For only $1300 he ultimate Go Pro accessory
https://www.airdog.com/

It's a drone that follows you and photographs you controlled by a wrist band. For the ultimate selfie.

Wizard,
You have to get one to follow you on your historic 50 mile ride. You can narrate into a recording device, and then splice the video and audio together to make a movie.

January 6th, 2015 at 7:03:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
How do you keep it from running into
power lines and trees. I suspect thats
why there are so many over the water
shots and open area park shots in
the video. Not something for the
average neighborhood.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2015 at 7:15:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
Wizard,
You have to get one to follow you on your historic 50 mile ride. You can narrate into a recording device, and then splice the video and audio together to make a movie.

One way I break from the usual math/computer nerd mold is I don't like electronic gadgets that much. Yes, I'm impressed with this thing but it is the kind of thing I just don't feel called to get for myself.

However, I may get one of those GoPro wands and hold it out in front of me. I will also solicit anybody to ride alone with me on a bicycle and record when the time gets closer. Paradigm has shown interest.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 6th, 2015 at 7:35:58 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Pacomartin
For only $1300 he ultimate Go Pro accessory
https://www.airdog.com/

Funny you should mention this. I've just begun checking them out.

These four rotor deals seem to be pretty popular for filming. But $1,300?! I found a model specifically made for GoPro usage and it's only $400. Finding something that would work can be found for under $100.

My son got a little mall stand garbage one, and I've been messing with it more than him. Pretty easy to navigate around the house, have no problem even with its rudimentary controls to put it nearly where I want it.

It's got me wondering, but I'm not sold yet. Sure, videoing your house and yard is cool the first time, just to see it. But after that, then what? Operating it must be the prime activity; it's not like you could fish or unicycle while also flying your camera.

What would you do with it?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 6th, 2015 at 9:50:17 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Face
These four rotor deals seem to be pretty popular for filming. But $1,300?! I found a model specifically made for GoPro usage and it's only $400. Finding something that would work can be found for under $100.

I believe you get a more stable platform for $1300. You also get a controller that you can strap on your hand so that you can do your sport without any need to be constantly flying the device.

For $100 you might find a drone with a camera like the one in this video (flying starts after 4 minutes), but you need a controller and you have limited battery life.

If you want to film your roof or look for a wasp nest it might be OK. But I think to film acrobatic sports you need something better.