What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

March 13th, 2014 at 9:01:36 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Member since: Sep 3, 2013
Threads: 5
Posts: 671
Quote: HotBlonde
I was planning on watching Gone With the Wind this evening but I just found out it's 3 hours and 42 minutes long!
Holy Moses! I may have to watch it in 2 parts.


The time will fly by. It's a really good movie. Enjoy!
Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. -ersatz Buddha
March 14th, 2014 at 12:49:12 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 48
Posts: 4434
Quote: TheCesspit
... though I assumed it was just a MacGuffin.
T'aint no MacGuffin.
March 14th, 2014 at 12:57:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 48
Posts: 4434
So go to YouTube and search for First Kiss by tatia Pilieva .. nearing fifty million views not. Known as Viral for youtube.

Its actually a promo for internet marketer Wrenfashions.com's forthecoming collection.

Of course there were actors, musicians and models in it, what else is there in Los Angeles.

No use of the word "action" and just a grey backdrop for the largely white and black fashions and of course shot in Black and White, not color.

And at the Wren fashion site you will hear the music about Dory Previn warning about "young women at twenty and four" ... a nice gesture with all the attention given to Mia Farrow's antics and accusations.
March 14th, 2014 at 1:06:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 313
Posts: 10663
Quote: HotBlonde
I was planning on watching Gone With the Wind this evening but I just found out it's 3 hours and 42 minutes long!
Holy Moses! I may have to watch it in 2 parts.


I have the same quandry with "Cleopatra." It's been on my queue for months. It would help not having to go to work on the weekend. The alternative is to not cook, and that would be crazy.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
March 14th, 2014 at 1:13:55 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: Fleastiff
So go to YouTube and search for First Kiss by tatia Pilieva .. nearing fifty million views not. Known as Viral for youtube.

Its actually a promo for internet marketer Wrenfashions.com's forthecoming collection.

Of course there were actors, musicians and models in it, what else is there in Los Angeles.

No use of the word "action" and just a grey backdrop for the largely white and black fashions and of course shot in Black and White, not color.

And at the Wren fashion site you will hear the music about Dory Previn warning about "young women at twenty and four" ... a nice gesture with all the attention given to Mia Farrow's antics and accusations.


Yeah saw that, kinda neat piece of film, promotional item or not. As i didn't know it was for anyone's fashion after watching it... it didn't bother me too much.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 14th, 2014 at 1:22:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 48
Posts: 4434
Quote: Nareed
I have the same quandry with "Cleopatra." It's been on my queue for months. It would help not having to go to work on the weekend. The alternative is to not cook, and that would be crazy.
Sounds like your only alternatives are to have a cooking party or a poker party of some sort and serve everyone what you cook while watching the movie.
March 14th, 2014 at 1:31:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 48
Posts: 4434
Quote: TheCesspit
Yeah saw that, kinda neat piece of film, promotional item or not. As i didn't know it was for anyone's fashion after watching it... it didn't bother me too much.
Yeah, there has been somewhat of a backlash with people doing First Handjob, but the original was released with full mention of Wren fashions. It was actually a low key production. Just twenty friends and acquaintances of the film producer, no compensation to the participants. No script, no real direction and no use of the word "action" since the film producer never liked that word in her prior love scenes.

One of the participants, Soko, a singer from Los Angeles and Las Vegas, is said to have spent the next four days with her on-screen partner but not to have taken things beyond the kissing stage.

I don't know what fifty million views on YouTube is worth financially but I'm sure its "quite a bundle".
May 18th, 2014 at 6:31:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 10927
Godzilla has a $200mil opening weekend? Godzilla?
This is what, the 10th remake? How different can
it be.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 19th, 2014 at 7:55:17 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Member since: Jan 19, 2014
Threads: 2
Posts: 18
I just borrowed The Darjeeling Limited and Definitely, Maybe from the library. Both were different. Since the former is a Wes Craven movie I should have watched it with a movie buff so I can discuss it afterwards. It's just one of those movies, I guess. The latter movie was good but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was great.
May 20th, 2014 at 6:47:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 687
Posts: 7913
Wes Anderson.