2 votes (12.5%)
10 votes (62.5%)
1 vote (6.25%)

16 members have voted

March 4th, 2016 at 9:36:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: DRich
I agree, I think it ran 11 years. Still one of my favorite shows. I am surprised I don't see it on in syndication anymore.

It's on ME-TV (memorable entertainment) a popular secondary channel for broadcast
http://www.metv.com/shows/m-a-s-h

Virtual/Physical channel City Station
56.3 /32 Los Angeles KDOC-TV
33.1 /3 New York WJLP
March 4th, 2016 at 11:29:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I am surprised I don't see it on in syndication anymore.

It's still out there, just not where you
live. TVland dropped it and now it's
not on cable anywhere. Not on my
cable, anyway.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 4th, 2016 at 12:13:40 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
It's still out there, just not where you live. TVland dropped it and now it's not on cable anywhere.

In September 2006, TV Land acquired the exclusive prime time 8:00PM to 8:00AM cable rights to M*A*S*H. Hallmark Channel would continue showing the series between 8:00AM and 8:00PM (during the day) M*A*S*H has not been seen regularly since July 2010 on Hallmark. M*A*S*H was likewise removed from the TV Land schedule in September 2013.

In December 2010, MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television) acquired rights which it holds today. Although MeTV is a broadcast network it is usually re-transmitted on most cable networks.
March 4th, 2016 at 12:33:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
It was a mistake. I thought MASH was a one hour show.

Maybe because back when it was re-run in pretty much every local market, it was usually shown in 2-ep 1 hour blocks?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 4th, 2016 at 2:03:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin

In December 2010, MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television) acquired rights which it holds today. Although MeTV is a broadcast network it is usually re-transmitted on most cable networks.

Wow, scroll down and look how many
old shows they have. Even F Troop and
Hogans Hero's, I thought those were
banished everywhere. I wonder if
Xfinity has MeTV.

http://www.metv.com/shows/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 4th, 2016 at 7:43:14 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I get MeTV on a subchannel from two different stations.

If they don't have it on your cable system, you might try a cheap antenna. It might be on a subchannel in your area.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 4th, 2016 at 9:14:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
It's on some funky broadcast channel here,
or Dish Network. No thanks, I dumped
the dish years ago for Comcast.
June 10th, 2016 at 7:23:58 AM permalink
Nareed
Signs, portents and rumors indicate TBBT's 10th season will be the last. Contracts are due, rumors are flying, actors are tired of characters, jokes are being reused, spinoff ideas abound, retooling has been mentioned, etc.

So unless everyone signs up for one or more years, it's done for.

It's ok. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. And there remain only three things pending: 1) We've yet to see Penny's mother, 2) We've yet to learn Penny's last name, 3) How will it end?
June 10th, 2016 at 7:48:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I've never watched more than a couple episodes of it, but everyone I know that watches seems to think it isn't as funny as it once was (just like every sitcom that goes on this long...)

Once their contract is approaching its end, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast pulls a "Friends" and all re-ups for one more (possibly shortened) final season. They could probably get the highest per-episode payout in sitcom history.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 10th, 2016 at 8:03:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
I've never watched more than a couple episodes of it,

I don't understand :)

Quote:
but everyone I know that watches seems to think it isn't as funny as it once was (just like every sitcom that goes on this long...)

Some jokes or situations keep getting repeated, and they're not as funny as originally.

But some recent episodes were very good. The one with the new Star Wars movie was brilliant in every respect and at every step, from setup to execution to climax (ha ha) to the aftermath. Besides, were else would you see Bob Newhart try to kill himself with a light sabre?

Quote:
Once their contract is approaching its end, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast pulls a "Friends" and all re-ups for one more (possibly shortened) final season. They could probably get the highest per-episode payout in sitcom history.

Maybe. Actors saying they're willing to abandon a show high in the ratings, obviously are angling for more money. But I don't really know enough about the overall situation to be able to say with confidence.

I will miss having a comedy where most of the main characters are scientists.