In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 7th, 2021 at 7:20:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
there was a bizarre moment that won't be shown now and may be hard to find:

I saw a string of middle-aged looking folks socially-distanced, walking through the Capitol like they were on a tour. They were strolling through, looking around, evidently saying stuff like ' oh look at that statue' , taking pictures, the whole bit. So there was a violent phalanx opening up the place with these tourist people following them ... it was quite remarkably weird
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 7th, 2021 at 7:23:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
there was a bizarre moment that won't be shown now and may be hard to find:

I saw a string of middle-aged looking folks socially-distanced, walking through the Capitol like they were on a tour. They were strolling through, looking around, evidently saying stuff like ' oh look at that statue' , taking pictures, the whole bit. So there was a violent phalanx opening up the place with these tourist people following them ... it was quite remarkably weird

I'm going to try to find that! It'll be all the better if they appeared to be completely oblivious to the chaos surrounding them...which is to say didn't even look at any of the other people.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2021 at 7:30:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
This is such BS, BLM and other leftist protestors have been mollycoddled even when rioting almost everywhere.

Some in the police have recently killed Af/Ams in other circumstances that have been controversial, this is not the same.

This such BS
White privilege
If this was BLM , there would be blood on the streets
Hundreds would have been killed
Because it was whites, only one died

I have always spoken out against violence
I doint even have to know the politics of a violent offender to be against that person
Many on the right here will defend violence once they learn the violent person is on the right and not the left
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 7:33:19 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
lol...

Desperate attempt at whatabout-ism.

ANTIFA wasn’t the bad guy yesterday. It was only your side storming the Capitol.

Exactly, months and months decrying violent left protests, and the right takes it to another level and suddenly it's "well the left did it too!"

Meanwhile on parler, half of them are claiming false flag antifa were the ones to storm the capital, and the other half are selfies of people saying "look at me storming the capital!"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 7th, 2021 at 7:35:13 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
This such BS
White privilege

I doint even have to know the politics of a violent offender to be against that person
Many on the right here will defend violence once they learn the violent person is on the right and not the left

CNN reporting 4 dead but I haven’t seen any further details other than the girl, where there is very clear video of what happened
January 7th, 2021 at 7:38:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
This such BS
White privilege

Hundreds? Defend the use of, "Hundreds."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2021 at 7:39:22 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: gamerfreak
CNN reporting 4 dead but I haven’t seen any further details other than the girl, where there is very clear video of what happened

That woman tried that crap at my front door
I would have grabbed my hammer and cracked her skull
Terrorist
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 7:42:40 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
Hundreds? Defend the use of, "Hundreds."

Sorry
Thousands
There we go. Fixed :-)
If a thousand BLM protesters attacked the capital, they would be dead
January 7th, 2021 at 7:43:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
My understanding on the others that died, at least according to the local news this morning, is that they had medically-related incidents. I imagine it was pretty tough to get needed medical attention to people in all the hoopla. I wouldn't be shocked if at least one was a heart attack.
January 7th, 2021 at 7:46:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Sorry
Thousands
There we go. Fixed :-)
If a thousand BLM protesters attacked the capital, they would be dead

That's a ridiculous assertion. Do you really believe that, in one of the most Liberal cities in the country, (not to mention our capital) when you're talking about law enforcement and other folks who are used to dealing with crowd control type issues...that they're going to just gun people down? You'd have riots EVERYWHERE if that happened, particularly in the current climate. BLM would have probably been permitted to occupy the Capitol Building for multiple days, just like they were permitted to occupy the abandoned police stations elsewhere.

To be clear, I don't object to the BLM Movement whatsoever. I don't object to police reform. But, to suggest that yesterday's rioters were dispensed special privileges because they were white is absurd...particularly in D.C. Michigan, sure, I'd probably grant the point.