In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 7th, 2015 at 10:49:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Tennessee lesbian couple faked hate crime and destroyed own home with arson for insurance claim, jury rules

Assuming they do not go to jail for insurance fraud the guy should sue them for defamation. Article does not mention any criminal charges they may be facing.

Disgusting people.
They should go to jail for insurance fraud
They should be sued.

LGBT community has its share of losers and criminals just like any community

Agreed, but will the leaders in the LBGT community condemn or defend them? Time will tell. I have to figure you can do time for this level of fraud.

Absolutely LBGT leaders would condemm.
I googled searched the story and found a pro LBGT news site reporting the story
I have to make a confession, I stole the line "LBGT community has its share of losers and criminals just like any community" from that site.
Its a good line, an accurate line, and a line that pretty much sums up the story in 1 neat little sentence.
If you break the law, regardless of being a cop, priest, lib, conservative, deadhead, straight, gay ect, you should be punished.
Come on, its just common sense.

What makes you even consider that LBGT leaders would even consider defending a criminal that just happens to be LBGT.
Lets say a religious conservative did this, the last thing I am gonna think is, will AZ defend or condemm them?
LBGT people are just like you or me in regards to condemming criminal behavior.

I'll tell you AZ, I have really become surprised at your logic lately. Whats up?
Its like you look for LBGT people breaking the law and figure, ha, defend that.
If a gay breaks the law, if a lib breaks the law, if a deadhead breaks the law, I will condemm.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 7th, 2015 at 11:37:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

What makes you even consider that LBGT leaders would even consider defending a criminal that just happens to be LBGT.

Defend outright? Maybe not. Deafening silence? Yes, that I could see. LBGT community has a similar "circle the wagons" mentality as for example the black community. If you doubt me, look at the comments here on Sandusky. Instead of condemnation we got "he isn't gay!" despite his oldest victims being 17 years old and not "kids."

Quote:
I'll tell you AZ, I have really become surprised at your logic lately. Whats up?
Its like you look for LBGT people breaking the law and figure, ha, defend that.
If a gay breaks the law, if a lib breaks the law, if a deadhead breaks the law, I will condemm.

Nothing "with me" at all. Just saw the article and thought it was interesting. Some news mag did a story on faked hate crimes way back, I forget when. 10 or more years ago. Several people of different groups faked hate crimes and got caught. Reminded me of that.

But since you brought it up, do you condemn Hillary for using a private server?
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2015 at 11:56:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Defend outright? Maybe not. Deafening silence? Yes, that I could see. LBGT community has a similar "circle the wagons" mentality as for example the black community. If you doubt me, look at the comments here on Sandusky. Instead of condemnation we got "he isn't gay!" despite his oldest victims being 17 years old and not "kids."

Nothing "with me" at all. Just saw the article and thought it was interesting. Some news mag did a story on faked hate crimes way back, I forget when. 10 or more years ago. Several people of different groups faked hate crimes and got caught. Reminded me of that.

But since you brought it up, do you condemn Hillary for using a private server?

Everytime a conservative Christian commits a crime, do I expect Huckabee to hold a press conference to comdemm
Of coures not

As to Clinton, much ado about nothing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 7th, 2015 at 12:00:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman

As to Clinton, much ado about nothing

Liberal refusing to condemn a liberal. Thank you for making my point.

Those that think it is "nothing" are either liberals who never condemn another liberal or else do not understand simple web security procedures. At any place I have worked an employe would at the least be fired for using personal email for sensitive information. Claiming you were not intelligent enough to use more than one email would not be an excuse that would fly.
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2015 at 2:19:21 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
it's just sad that it becomes a hate crime in reverse. Who would you accuse of something like that? gotta be someone you hate. I'm sure they missed the irony
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 7th, 2015 at 2:47:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
it's just sad that it becomes a hate crime in reverse. Who would you accuse of something like that? gotta be someone you hate. I'm sure they missed the irony

I think it was just a case of insurance fraud and an easy target. The show I saw was a tad different and the people just painted Swastikas on their cars or houses. The FBI caught them. I may have an idea how it happened on that show. When they showed the Swasitkas, they were in reverse. Whatever you think of hate groups, you have to figure they would not do that.

In this case, the painting of "QUEERS" and setting the fire probably made the insurance company and Feds take notice. Probably does not fit the standard M.O. When people do fake stuff, the cops I think are on to it immediately. Heard of it happening at a place I worked. White guy faking it this time, but same deal. He told his story and cops right away knew something was up.
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2015 at 12:26:38 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think the faking of finding nasty stuff in canned food has pretty much stopped [not that I've tried to look it up]. People seem to know the forensics conducted bust them every time.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 8th, 2015 at 1:36:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
whether there is initial police suspicion or not, any 'racial hatred' indicia trigger extra attention since it can be so bad in the headlines. In one case, the police/fbi did not seem suspicious but fbi did set up long range surveillance from a distant hill top. the perpetrators were careful to make sure nothing was stirring for blocks around but never thought of a telescopic camera miles away.
August 9th, 2015 at 12:07:00 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
August 11th, 2015 at 11:24:55 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-11/theres-hope-america-anchor-walks-live-tv-refuses-report-kardashians

That's funny when a reporter can't take any more Kimmey K, maybe he was having a bad hair day?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW