In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 25th, 2021 at 7:41:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A U.S. judge on Wednesday sanctioned Sidney Powell and other lawyers who sued in Michigan to overturn Democratic President Joe Biden's election victory over Donald Trump, and suggested they might deserve to lose their law licenses.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/profound-abuse-judge-disciplines-pro-trump-lawyers-over-election-lawsuit/ar-AANKkjJ?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 7:50:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Some dummy at the UFC asked "What is the importance of ring girls"

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2021 at 8:14:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A Senate aid revealed Wednesday 4,100 Americans remain stranded in Afghanistan, many “not in or around Kabul,” CNN reported.

https://www.cnn.com/webview/world/live-news/afghanistan-news-taliban-refugees-08-25-21/h_15b040da4bb2c75f448fb648b1717867

Enough Americans will be left behind where the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and Isis will be swimming in valuable hostages for years. American hostages are their specialty, they can use them as leverage to get almost anything they want. This is a disaster unfolding before us that we cannot even imagine the scope of. There is a reason the military saying of 'nobody left behind' is a major part of who they are. Because anybody left behind immediately becomes a valuable hostage of the enemy. When Adam Schitt starts walking out of his own party's security meetings because he knows what he's hearing is pure BS, you know we're in deep trouble.
He doesn't give one crap about the hostages, he's terrified what this will do during the next election. Jimmy Carter was beaten in a landslide because of hostage Americans.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2021 at 8:21:22 PM permalink
rxwine
I wonder if all these Americans were promised a return. If you go to another country without such a promise, no one owes you anything.

Sure an embassy will try to help. Not sure why they owe you.
August 25th, 2021 at 8:35:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
Some dummy at the UFC asked "What is the importance of ring girls"

I think it's for the same reason cheerleaders wear such short skirts: to make the boys' root harder.
August 26th, 2021 at 1:13:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I

Wow. I mean just literally wow! Holy crap, you just don't get it. But you voted for Beijing Joe and you're getting what you deserve.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 26th, 2021 at 2:21:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
A Senate aid revealed Wednesday 4,100 Americans remain stranded in Afghanistan, many “not in or around Kabul,” CNN reported.

https://www.cnn.com/webview/world/live-news/afghanistan-news-taliban-refugees-08-25-21/h_15b040da4bb2c75f448fb648b1717867

Enough Americans will be left behind where the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and Isis will be swimming in valuable hostages for years. American hostages are their specialty, they can use them as leverage to get almost anything they want. This is a disaster unfolding before us that we cannot even imagine the scope of. There is a reason the military saying of 'nobody left behind' is a major part of who they are. Because anybody left behind immediately becomes a valuable hostage of the enemy. When Adam Schitt starts walking out of his own party's security meetings because he knows what he's hearing is pure BS, you know we're in deep trouble.
He doesn't give one crap about the hostages, he's terrified what this will do during the next election. Jimmy Carter was beaten in a landslide because of hostage Americans.

Some American students are among the stranded; one assumes they'd make great hostages. Also we can assume extra effort will be made to get them out. However, in the news this morning is a report that an attack on the airport is likely [UK intel]

I wonder if all these Americans were promised a return. If you go to another country without such a promise, no one owes you anything.

I suppose you might be right, but the Biden administration can't say this out loud. On the other hand, to suggest to do something so brainless seems rampant with the advisors around Biden.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 26th, 2021 at 2:25:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
On the other hand, to suggest to do something so brainless seems rampant with the advisors around Biden.

It seems that the top priority of Biden's advisors is winning the next election. That is all Democrats ever care about, power. They have to keep their power. Biden and even more Kamala only care about themselves and getting elected. Some American getting taken hostage and how they will be treated they think is just an interruption to their breakfast.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2021 at 3:42:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wow. I mean just literally wow! Holy crap, you just don't get it. But you voted for Beijing Joe and you're getting what you deserve.

I don’t think rxwine is currently stuck in Afghanistan.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 26th, 2021 at 3:59:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is an example of why "Animal Farm" is so true. The animals lived in squalor but the pigs told them if they didn't obey then farmer Jones would come back. But with liberals they are told, "you have to do as we say or the Republicans will come back!"
The President is a fink.