In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 5th, 2022 at 6:13:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
WTF
Is Tucker serious
It ain't President Harris yet

Newsweek: Tucker Carlson Says He Was 'Wrong' About Ukraine but Blames Kamala Harris.
https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-says-wrong-ukraine-blames-kamala-harris-russia-1684787
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 8th, 2022 at 9:24:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This story is for Drich.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/08/healthy-woman-hasnt-eaten-fruit-or-veg-lives-on-nuggets/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2022 at 7:26:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

I eat vegetables, French Fries. I can't remember the last time I ate any fruit.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 9th, 2022 at 3:15:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
Year-to-date Dow Jones down 3300 points. That's just January and February. But Terrapined isn't worried he still has that big jar of pennies he's been saving since he was a kid. He knows he can always get a TV dinner and a tank of gas. LOL

9 days later and the Dow Jones is still down 3300 points for the year. A month ago gas in my area was about 3.29 a gallon and today it's for 4.29 gallon. Thanks Captain Poopypants, what are leader you are. Leading us right down the crap hole.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 9th, 2022 at 3:34:56 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yeah, but look at the bright side: he ain't Trump.

I'd vote for a rabid weasel over Trump.

Blame Biden all you want if it makes you feel better: I'm sure he cares as little about your opinion as do any of us.

As for the market, it was overdue for a correction; all the "cheap money" and exhuberance over covid fading caused things to get a bit too hot.

Besides, only idiots put all their eggs in the stock market: hello, diversification.
March 9th, 2022 at 4:05:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
9 days later and the Dow Jones is still down 3300 points for the year. A month ago gas in my area was about 3.29 a gallon and today it's for 4.29 gallon. Thanks Captain Poopypants, what are leader you are. Leading us right down the crap hole.

And yet, Biden’s approval rating that you righties are so obsessed with has started rising in recent days. How horrible for you!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 9th, 2022 at 6:21:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Peace Negotiations

Russia wants Ukraine to give up and recognize contested areas and Crimea as Russia territory, as well as agree never to join NATO.

Will Ukraine eventually agree or give them the finger and fight to the end?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2022 at 6:46:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Peace Negotiations

Russia wants Ukraine to give up and recognize contested areas and Crimea as Russia territory, as well as agree never to join NATO.

Will Ukraine eventually agree or give them the finger and fight to the end?

Ukraine would be insane to agree to this (and Russia knows that). Its so they can look like the good guy offering peace in unrealistic conditions for propaganda.

Russia is getting pressured from its citizens. We need to make sure the citizens of Russia are as endangered and uncomfortable as possible, because they are quickly realizing that their country does not have their best interests in mind. Putin is not used to subversion, he cannot stand it when massive protests are from his own people. He wants a quick end.

The longer this draws on, the better for Ukraine (and at this point, the world, because we are isolating Russians now, and they lost any chance of good graces in any negation in the West, even after this war ends, and even after Putin dies, they will never be looked at the same, sadly the brief good after the Soviet breakup is long gone). Ukraine knows, despite losses, the longer this goes on, and the more coverage, the more Russia will be vilified, and the more they will be respected. Nobody (especially Russia) thought Ukraine would hold out this long, this is causing a system shock in the world, people (especially Russians), thought they would do a quick march through Ukraine, this is not the case. Russia is shocked that they still have not won while their populations is being unsettled, and their economy destroyed. Russia is looking weak, which is also empowering a lot of territories that previously feared them.

Remember in Russia, this is portrayed a defensive maneuver, people do not realize the propaganda being baked into society by the Russian government. The more justifications that they have to try to levy onto their citizens while their citizens are starving, the harder it will be. Lies only go so far, when reality constantly contradicts them.
March 10th, 2022 at 1:31:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The Dow today is down 3400 for the year. Gas prices are making the side hustle of using your own vehicles for Uber or delivering for one of the various grocery delivery places unprofitable. Thanks Captain Poopypants, it's now official you are a worst president since Jimmy Carter and you did it in record time. Wait till gas is $5 a gallon Nationwide. Then the fun really starts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 10th, 2022 at 3:10:46 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
CPI year over year, up 7.9% in February. Before the war started.

"I guarantee you, I guarantee you, we're gonna end fossil fuels.."