In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 28th, 2022 at 4:44:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disney-says-florida-can-t-dissolve-special-tax-district-until-debt-is-fully-paid/ar-AAWG3pQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e729f0d03ba444f986d00e2a1c1c6385

Might be a blessing-in-disguise for Big Tits DeSantis.

That bill was going to raise property taxes on thousands of working-class Floridians.

I was kind of looking forward to the chaos.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 28th, 2022 at 5:39:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mooseton
As food prices are about to double YOY even still idiots believe it’s better to not have Trump in office. 🤦‍♂️ Doesn’t matter if you’re just a bunch of gov leaching food stamp dems.

I'm absolutely thrilled Trump is not President
Yes
It's better not to have Trump in office
I'm actually having the best time of my life right now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 28th, 2022 at 5:48:58 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mooseton
But yet it’s necessary, prove me wrong. Disney could go bankrupt for all I care. Go woke, then F U.

Why is it necessary????????????
What are the repercussions for FL residents if Disney is not punished??????
How does this help the citizens of FL???????????
What happened to small govt and giving businesses freedom
Republicans now believe in big govt and using that to interfere with a business simply due to politics
The only reason to punish a business is if they did something criminal
Support for Gays is not criminal
It's wrong according to real conservative values
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 28th, 2022 at 6:06:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Economy is shrinking; are we facing a recession?
April 28th, 2022 at 6:16:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Economy is shrinking; are we facing a recession?

Shrinking economy is the definition of a recession.
The President is a fink.
April 28th, 2022 at 6:35:35 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Two consecutive quarters of contraction is a recession. Another contraction in the second quarter will do it.

GDP contracted at a 1.4% pace in the first quarter, despite all the added federal spending.

So much for the post pandemic recovery.
April 28th, 2022 at 6:38:22 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Shrinking economy is the definition of a recession.

The usual definition includes two consecutive quarters of a shrinking economy indicate a recession. That is why I posed it as a question rather than a fact.

It is more of a discussion item at this point…but I am not confident we are not falling into a recession.
April 28th, 2022 at 6:49:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The usual definition includes two consecutive quarters of a shrinking economy indicate a recession. That is why I posed it as a question rather than a fact.

It is more of a discussion item at this point…but I am not confident we are not falling into a recession.

I am aware of that. But that is not pithy to say like my comment.
The President is a fink.
April 28th, 2022 at 7:52:52 AM permalink
terapined

Republicans aren't helping
We need to increase immigration
Just about every single restaurant in the country is understaffed. We are talking 99%
Businesses all across the spectrum are understaffed
Any comment on FL punishing Disney
It's really shocking how anti business the right have become
April 28th, 2022 at 10:13:28 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The implosion of the American political scene is based primarily on the low quality of politicians who seek political office.

No longer do "the best and the brightest" people who genuinely care about The American People seek office.

No, many (most?) candidates are backed by special interest groups, be it religious, corporate, or just plain zany, and they inculcate in their candidate the need to pursue their particular agenda at any cost.

Bye-bye compromise; adios civility: in the balkanization of America there can be no quarter given.

It's a damned shame.

It's all because Big Money is allowed to be donated: end that and things might improve, otherwise we'll continue to endure an endless parade of rabid dogs.