In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 26th, 2022 at 11:24:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tik Tok challenges have gone from stupid to delinquency.

Quote:
Teens damage Illinois home for TikTok ‘door kick challenge’

A destructive video challenge has been circulating TikTok, but Champaign police say it just landed on the community’s doorsteps.

This one is encouraging going up to random doors and kick them. There was another one where the challenge was to damage school property.

What do you think about allowing that kind of free speech to proliferate on social media.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2022 at 2:52:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Tik Tok challenges have gone from stupid to delinquency.

This one is encouraging going up to random doors and kick them. There was another one where the challenge was to damage school property.

What do you think about allowing that kind of free speech to proliferate on social media.

If I produce a video showing you how to rob a store at gunpoint, something from your upbringing and learning will stop you from actually doing it because you learned right from wrong.

Too many people didn’t get those lessons.

Content can be moderated by the owners…there is no right to free speech in someone else’s house.

The MSNBC guy reported what has already happened as if it was something that could happen under changed ownership…an election can be rigged without stolen votes; you just need to have control over the narrative during the campaign.

With that having happened in 2020, we have President Biden.
April 27th, 2022 at 3:50:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
The MSNBC guy reported what has already happened as if it was something that could happen under changed ownership…an election can be rigged without stolen votes; you just need to have control over the narrative during the campaign.

With that having happened in 2020, we have President Biden.

Dang. Righties are really bitter about Hunter’s laptop!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 27th, 2022 at 5:10:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

I think it is great. Obviously, actually doing it would be wrong and a crime and should be punished harshly.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 27th, 2022 at 8:05:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
…an election can be rigged without stolen votes; you just need to have control over the narrative during the campaign.

Yet
Foxnews is supposedly number 1 in news
Hannity essentially worked for the Trump campaign and was on TV pushing Trump 5 days a week
Foxnews pretty much declared Trump the greatest President of all time
Yet Biden won
Amazing isn't it
Trump must have really sucked

How come Dewey didn't win. Newspapers were so pro Dewey they declared him the winner
Amazing isn't it that Dewey lost even though the press declared him the winner. WTF
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 27th, 2022 at 12:35:42 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
China Boeing crash likely a suicide thing ... what's up in that part of the world?

Quote: one opinion
Suddenly, about 1h after taking off, it dived steeply, at one point descending at more than 30,000ft per minute, according to publicly available data... “It simply nosed over and came down damn near vertically,” says Goglia.

Airliners do not “come straight down” unless someone in the cockpit commands the aircraft to do so, he says, and even then, that person must keep pressure on the controls or the jet will start levelling

https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/china-eastern-737-crash-clues-point-to-few-plausible-causes/148385.article
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 27th, 2022 at 12:48:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The "black box" when examined should give the answer.

Last I read it was recovered but damaged, they were going to try to pull useful info off of it.
April 27th, 2022 at 12:54:49 PM permalink
ams288
Were there two pilots in the cockpit when it crashed? Or do we not know that yet?

Could be like that deliberate Germanwings crash a few years back.
April 27th, 2022 at 4:46:08 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Dang. Righties are really bitter about Hunter’s laptop!

Turns out, Righties don’t have much too be bitter about
Biden proves daily he is a senile idiot as his Administration’s numbers keep tanking.
Hunter maybe going to jail & Joe is going to have foreign corruption stink all over him.
The House Plant tries to revoke Title 42 but simultaneously wants Americans to mask on planes.
Joe, are those illegal aliens wearing masks on those early flights to Everytown, USA?
Dems can’t even get their inflation story right: Is it Transitory, “good for us” or Putin’s fault?
All this & the Afghanistan debacle results in the complete wipe out for the Dems in 2022.
Won't really matter as they don't have the votes now to get anything done.
CNN+ implodes after 21 days & Twitter is bought out from under the Left’s control
Elon closes the deal 2 weeks before the mid-terms, coincidence?
I thought this deal wasn't going to get done? That must have been a lie.
DeSantis & the GOP shut Disney up with the revocation of the Reedy Creek Exemption.
Meanwhile, Florida style “parental education rights” bills are passing across the Country.
Too boot, my copy of Johnny The Walrus just arrived (“Stop Anti-Walrusism”, LMAO)
Voter ID Laws and stricter rules on mail in ballots are passing as well.
A 6-3 SCOTUS will continue handing out Textualist Conservative Opinions all summer long.
Meanwhile all the Dems can do is point backwards at Jan 6 & tell us “Trump is bad”.
“It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for ‘em”
The Left is so obviously wrecked right now, it isn't worth discussing.
Life is good as a Rightie, even without anxiety meds and a house on wheels.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 27th, 2022 at 4:56:46 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: jcw09
A 6-3 SCOTUS will continue handing out Textualist Conservative Opinions all summer long.

lol

One trick pony.