In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 12th, 2022 at 9:02:51 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-shooting-road-rage-crash-1.6449260

This is the most disgusting and senseless thing I have see in recent days. 🤬
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 12th, 2022 at 9:09:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Riverjordan
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-shooting-road-rage-crash-1.6449260

This is the most disgusting and senseless thing I have see in recent days. 🤬

Just another local crime story
Crime exists everywhere
I see stuff like this everyday in the news
I move all around the country
As soon as I get to a new area, check the local news and see senseless death reported in every community I visit.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2022 at 9:17:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
USA TODAY: Ukraine updates: Finland backs NATO; Russia vows 'retaliatory' steps.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/12/ukraine-russia-invasion-live-updates/9740864002/
WTF
Putin caused this
Finland was fine outside of NATO until Putin attacked
This is on Russia/Putin because of its actions
But
I have no doubt Russian supporters Fox, Tucker and Rand Paul will blame Biden

Unfortunately, I get the feeling Putin is one of those guys who keeps doubling down, throwing good money after bad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2022 at 11:23:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Not a great day for our country’s criminal GOP politicians:

A federal grand jury is investigating Trump's handling of classified documents

Hopefully those righties who were SO concerned with Hillary’s handling of classified docs won’t be giant hypocrites when they have to defend Donny on this one…. *snicker*

January 6 committee issues subpoenas to 5 House Republicans, including Kevin McCarthy

The party of law and order, right???
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2022 at 11:54:31 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
It's the pics, not the concept.

There are no pics of black holes, the light doesn't escape. Only pics of the stuff around black holes that are effected.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 12th, 2022 at 11:56:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Not a great day for our country’s criminal GOP politicians:

A federal grand jury is investigating Trump's handling of classified documents

Hopefully those righties who were SO concerned with Hillary’s handling of classified docs won’t be giant hypocrites when they have to defend Donny on this one…. *snicker*

January 6 committee issues subpoenas to 5 House Republicans, including Kevin McCarthy

The party of law and order, right???

The fun thing about even the people who will likely give up as little information as possible, is you can still use even seemingly harmless information to build a case.. Scraps of information make like a jigsaw puzzle where you can see the image even without all the pieces in place. Someone like Ivanka Trump might have revealed that the only thing she knew about a meeting was the people she saw in the room when she entered briefly. But that could reveal a lie by someone who testified they were somewhere else at that time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2022 at 12:04:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Oops I was wrong on something. Damn.
May 12th, 2022 at 12:05:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Happens once a year.
May 12th, 2022 at 1:26:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
DOW close down another 3% today, that's four days in a row. Should go under 30,000 tomorrow or early next week. Every time Captain Poopypants tells us that not only are his policies not hurting the economy they are helping the economy, the market goes down.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 12th, 2022 at 1:49:21 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Gee, I wonder whether the oil companies and other big businesses are deliberately gouging and slowing things down in order to induce voters to vote for pro-business, i.e. "screw the environment, let's make some damned money" politicians?

Of course they are.

Corporations have way to much influence in American political life.