In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 18th, 2022 at 8:34:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
The only reason for the over the top late night raid was politics.

The raid was during the day!

Why do you know so little about everything you comment on here lately?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2022 at 8:53:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
They never ever made meth
It's make believe
It's a TV show
No actual drugs were produced or distributed
It's about tourism
I personally checked out many Breaking Bad filming locations around town.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/republicans-mexico-furious-over-breaking-215021654.html
"Republicans in New Mexico Are Furious Over ‘Breaking Bad’ Statues: ‘We’re Glorifying Meth Makers’"
it's certainly like yahoo news to report the pertinent thing is that it has something to do with Republicans ... which I will take for granted is correct, that's not my point. And the silly fuddy-duds are 'furious' you know.

I watched the entire series on DVD while suffering from cabin fever during the winter. I found it really kept you wanting to see the next episode, as I think I talked about here, but at the end, though it was still interesting, I didn't like what they did with the main character, Walter White ... he went from sympathetic type to dislikable and I don't think that was necessary
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 18th, 2022 at 9:02:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
i... I didn't like what they did with the main character, Walter White ... he went from sympathetic type to dislikable and I don't think that was necessary

Hmm, it contributed a lot of dramatic tension as he duped Jessi multiple times to either blame someone else, or save himself. Maybe they could have gone another way, but they would have had to replace that drama I think.,

Not to mention all the tension early with his wife, and duping brother in law. That's a lot of missing drama if gone.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 18th, 2022 at 10:49:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
it's certainly like yahoo news to report the pertinent thing is that it has something to do with Republicans ... which I will take for granted is correct, that's not my point. And the silly fuddy-duds are 'furious' you know.

I watched the entire series on DVD while suffering from cabin fever during the winter. I found it really kept you wanting to see the next episode, as I think I talked about here, but at the end, though it was still interesting, I didn't like what they did with the main character, Walter White ... he went from sympathetic type to dislikable and I don't think that was necessary

Yahoo is just an aggregate but giving credit
I like going there because they use a variety of sources
The source here was Variety
I disagree about Walter White
That's what makes the series compelling
We are watching a transition from sympathetic to horrible
Even his clothes get darker throughout the series
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 18th, 2022 at 10:57:06 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
You think it is not a big deal that Biden had SAVAK, er, the FBI, take the passports of a former POTUS? That is the kind of thing they do on banana republics.

Golly gee, where do I start to deconstruct this pile of baloney?

Biden had nothing to do with it.

The one calling the shots was appointed by Trump, for heaven sake, and he made it clear that the president and his people were out of the loop.

The FBI were just doing their job; when they discovered the passport they quickly returned it.

Just more right wing BS.
August 18th, 2022 at 11:54:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
She was a sex symbol in the 1980's. Then she discovered carbs. Or is that booze?

August 18th, 2022 at 12:13:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
She was a sex symbol in the 1980's. Then she discovered carbs. Or is that booze?

I thought that was Jessica Lange until I quoted this post and saw the link.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2022 at 1:38:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The hilarious thing about all this is it is not possible for Trump to have classified documents because he had the power to declassify any document without permission and without telling anybody. He was given this power by an executive order both George Bush signed and Obama later signed. Any documents that he took from the White House that was classified was immediately declassified when he took it all he has to do is say so and nobody can argue with it. There is not a document in the government that the president cannot declassify without filling out any forms and without even telling anybody. They did this because if the president has a guest in the Oval Office and he wants to show him a classified document he could declassify it on the spot show it to the guy and reclassify it when he gets it back. No red tape involved. So this entire raid was stupid beyond belief.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 18th, 2022 at 1:40:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Tanko

Somewhere some guy is hitting that on a regular basis. Shudder,,
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 18th, 2022 at 1:45:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Hmm, it contributed a lot of dramatic tension as he duped Jessi multiple times to either blame someone else, or save himself..

I stopped rooting for Walter White when he let that young girl choke to death and die on her own vomit and he could have saved her. Pure selfish jackass and from then on I hoped he got caught. And that was early on in the series might have been season 2