In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 3rd, 2022 at 4:12:34 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Trump himself is spreading lies and conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack.
Surprise, surprise, surprise.
The man is lower than the lowest snake in the grass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/02/trump-watters-pelosi-glass/
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
November 3rd, 2022 at 4:26:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: PotPie
Trump himself is spreading lies and conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack.
Surprise, surprise, surprise.
The man is lower than the lowest snake in the grass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/02/trump-watters-pelosi-glass/
doesn't sound like Trump had much to say about it, actually. Naturally he had something to say, since I do remember the first news I heard, breaking news, said the perp was a MAGA guy. The WAPO article goes on and on about the broken glass confusion and nothing else.

Check this out

“Prosecutors released disturbing new details… [that] deepen an emerging portrait of 42-year-old DePape as a person who was driven to violence by pro-Trump extremist beliefs“

So says this Politico article, eagerly going along with the idea that there can be no missed chance to blame Donald Trump for something/anything.

So read the Politico article, or probably any article you can find, but then watch the 5 minute D’Souza video

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/01/pelosi-attack-jail-trial-00064512

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5FjAQND1o
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 3rd, 2022 at 5:33:51 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: odiousgambit
doesn't sound like Trump had much to say about it, actually. Naturally he had something to say, since I do remember the first news I heard, breaking news, said the perp was a MAGA guy. The WAPO article goes on and on about the broken glass confusion and nothing else.

Check this out

“Prosecutors released disturbing new details… [that] deepen an emerging portrait of 42-year-old DePape as a person who was driven to violence by pro-Trump extremist beliefs“

So says this Politico article, eagerly going along with the idea that there can be no missed chance to blame Donald Trump for something/anything.

So read the Politico article, or probably any article you can find, but then watch the 5 minute D’Souza video

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/01/pelosi-attack-jail-trial-00064512

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5FjAQND1o

I watched part of that video.
I'm not at all impressed.
If you believe the FBI and any other investigators will lie about the facts - which will not be at all difficult to obtain - under a Democratic Administration - then it's great stuff.
Every time the U.S. Government catches a right wing criminal then the rightists will say everything is a lie.
Every time a Democrat beats a Republican in an important election the right wing will now claim the election was rigged.
They will never claim an election was rigged if the right wing Republcian wins.
We're really in Orwellian territory now.
Nothing at all can be accepted (by some) as factual.
They see the U.S. Government under Democratic leadership as an evil entity not willing to provide any truths.
Nothing put out by either side will be believed.
It is very possible the country is headed towards violent confrontation and chaos.

A Judge sentenced Daniel Baker - an anti-fascist activist to 44 months in a Federal prison in October of 2021.
He never brought a weapon near a building and he made no threats on a single individual.
He threatened and recommended violence in online posts but he never committed any violence nor did anybody who read his posts.
Yet he will get more prison time than most January 6 defendants including those who crossed State lines with weapons.

Put that in your pipe and smoke on it for a while.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/16/daniel-baker-anarchist-capitol-riot/
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
November 3rd, 2022 at 5:54:03 AM permalink
odiousgambit

I watched part of that video.
I'm not at all impressed.
If you believe the FBI and any other investigators will lie about the facts - which will not be at all difficult to obtain - then it's great stuff.
Every time the U.S. Government catches a right wing criminal then the rightists will say everything is a lie.
Every time a Democrat beats a Republican in an important election the right wing will now claim the election was rigged.
They will never claim an election was rigged if the right wing Republcian wins.
We're really in Orwellian territory now.
Nothing at all can be accepted (by some) as factual.
They see the U.S. Government under Democratic leadership as an evil entity not willing to provide any truths.
Nothing put out by either side will be belived.
It is very possible the country is headed towards violent confrontation and chaos.

A Judge sentenced Daniel Baker - an anti-fascist activist to 44 months in a Federal prison in October of 2021.
He never brought a weapon near a building and he made no threats on a single individual.
He threatened and recommended violence in online posts but he never committed any violence nor did anybody who read his posts.
Yet he will get more prison time than most January 6 defendants including those who crossed State lines with weapons.

Put that in your pipe and smoke on it for a while.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/16/daniel-baker-anarchist-capitol-riot/
If the facts are correct, Baker has either scared the crap out of the authorities for reasons not revealed, as shown by reaction [e.g. solitary confinement awaiting trial... wtf?]or I don't get it. I hardly know what to think.

I do find it amusing to be told the Capitol Rioters have been getting off easy though.

Complicity of the FBI in misinformation? They probably only have to do a little omission more than anything, add a little bit of non-responsiveness to the questions, then the Media takes off with their own spin on it. Not to say I trust them much.
November 3rd, 2022 at 6:13:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
EU energy policies caused those nations to become addicted to Russian oil and gas. Just as the Prophet Trump foretold in 2018. "Totally dependent". Now, they're paying for their mistakes, while Biden and the dem party anti-fossil fuel crusade has reduced US oil production by one million barrels per day. As foretold by the Prophet Trump in 2020.

'Europe Is Heading For ‘Deep Recession’, Deindustrialization' -

'Before the Russia-Ukraine war, the EU sourced almost half of its natural gas imports from Russia, and so when Russia cuts its gas exports to Europe in retaliation for sanctions, the only thing to do is ration and scramble for alternatives. Why these leaders did not think of this before is for another source to debate.'

Well, the question was to explain how Biden runs these other economies. Prophets aren't reliable in the long run.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2022 at 6:15:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
but then watch the 5 minute D’Souza video

This is not something any serious person would ever say.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 3rd, 2022 at 6:35:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
This is not something any serious person would ever say.

D'Souza is being sued by this guy.

Quote:
Mark Andrews, his face blurred, depositing five ballots in a dropbox in downtown Lawrenceville, a suburb northeast of Atlanta. A voiceover by conservative pundit and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza says: "What you are seeing is a crime. These are fraudulent votes."

In fact, a state investigation found, Andrews was dropping off ballots for himself, his wife and their three adult children, who all live at the same address. That is legal in Georgia and a state investigator said there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Andrews.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgia-false-ballot-fraud-dinesh-dsouza-film-2000-mules-lawsuit
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2022 at 7:40:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Meh, D'Souza getting bashed I predicted [to myself]. That's a shame when he has something interesting. On the other hand I can't deny he is pretty much a shock-jock type.

I find it quite amazing that the conspiracy-theorists on the Left who started right in on it with the Paul Pelosi attack, dreaming up MAGA-guys-gone-wild instantly for a case where we just have some Nut [probably schizo] acting alone on strange and no doubt inconsistent beliefs ... that these folks are all up in arms about The Pelosi Conspiracy! But what they are talking about is not their theory, but the debunking!

Quote: NPR link
{Title=Why conspiracy theories about Paul Pelosi's assault keep circulating} But as details of the story emerged, many high-profile outlets and personalities on the right quickly moved to cast doubt that the attack was tied to someone who shared some of their beliefs.

Now the debunking is either on the money or not, but it is not a conspiracy!
November 3rd, 2022 at 8:01:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A lot of the racism has bubbled up fairly recently because many people of color have shown themselves to be capable high level professionals.
This really irks some whites who have not been able to scale the ladder.
To them, it's very wrong - that a black person has a professional status above them.
They try to falsely claim that reverse racism is the reason.
Another one of the big lies from the extreme right.

That post if the biggest pile of crap I have seen on this forum for a long time and that is saying something on this forum. I also think the post is borderline racists for people of any colour.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 3rd, 2022 at 11:16:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
That post if the biggest pile of crap I have seen on this forum for a long time and that is saying something on this forum. I also think the post is borderline racists for people of any colour.

Not a pile of crap
The replacement theory from the right is right up this alley.
I think this replacement theory is a bunch of BS and if the right agreed with me then you would be right.
Unfortunately some on the right disagree with me on this issue so what Potpie posted is valid for a small part of the population but a large segment of hard core Trumpers
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"