Threads: 29
Elon off to an amazing start.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 4th, 2022 at 9:09:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Burn baby burn!

Quote: @ElonMusk
Twitter has had a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists.

Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 4th, 2022 at 9:39:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Musk is crazy
Twitter has nothing to do with free speech
Trump isn't on it.
Practices his free speech rights at his rallies
I think it's dumb to equate free speech with Twitter
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 4th, 2022 at 1:42:59 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Headline: NBC News pulls report claiming Paul Pelosi didn’t indicate ‘emergency’ to cops

the narrative the Left likes doesn't like the idea Paul Pelosi was not over-alarmed by this person, and didn't say it was an emergency when he called 911. ... I'm not sure why the narrative has to be otherwise ... the facts are the facts. Of course, maybe the fact is, he did say it was an emergency and the cops were just stupid. Why don't we know?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/04/paul-pelosi-didnt-indicate-emergency-when-cops-showed-up-in-attack-report/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 4th, 2022 at 2:39:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Headline: NBC News pulls report claiming Paul Pelosi didn’t indicate ‘emergency’ to cops

the narrative the Left likes doesn't like the idea Paul Pelosi was not over-alarmed by this person, and didn't say it was an emergency when he called 911. ... I'm not sure why the narrative has to be otherwise ... the facts are the facts. Of course, maybe the fact is, he did say it was an emergency and the cops were just stupid. Why don't we know?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/04/paul-pelosi-didnt-indicate-emergency-when-cops-showed-up-in-attack-reportt=

I don't get why you think the left likes one story or another? The only interesting thing would be if Pelosi invited the guy to hit him on the head with the hammer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2022 at 2:57:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

https://nypost.com/2022/11/04/paul-pelosi-didnt-indicate-emergency-when-cops-showed-up-in-attack-report/

The guy got attacked
It was criminal
That's the story
What else is there to know??????????
What left narative is there?
Seems pretty open and shut
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 4th, 2022 at 5:56:16 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

The guy got attacked
It was criminal
That's the story
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 4th, 2022 at 5:56:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: kenarman

The guy got attacked
It was criminal
That's the story
November 4th, 2022 at 6:01:11 PM permalink
kenarman

The guy got attacked
It was criminal
That's the story

You have an extra line in the above that is your opinion. "It was criminal". That is your opinion only. Eventually the courts will determine whether or not you are correct. Even killings are not always criminal.
November 4th, 2022 at 6:04:01 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

The guy got attacked
It was criminal
That's the story
No, "the narrative" favored says that this was an act of political violence by a MAGA extremist. Biden decried this Paul Pelosi incident by name and emphasizing it was an example of right wing political violence in a recent speech.

I've concluded that there are conflicting accounts of what happened. Some people believe that Pelosi went into the bathroom, where his cell phone was charging, but used "speaker phone" and thus DePape was able to participate in the 911 call! DePape was the one who said he was a Pelosi friend, not Paul P., according to this. I don't know what the truth is. Perhaps DePape went in the bathroom with him?

NBC news thought they should report that Pelosi didn't indicate an emergency on the call. Then they pulled it. It could be because he couldn't alarm the perp, that would be why he didn't cry for help, if true. Now I do think all this raises questions and they should be asked. And we should wait for authoritative answers. And it doesn't need to be a *favored narrative* no matter what.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]