In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 21st, 2022 at 6:59:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation

Even Jesus not sure about that choice
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 21st, 2022 at 11:31:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Perpetrating the Big Lie. Secretaries do NOT pay less than top earners here. You may find individual years were a billionaire has little ‘income’ but still has dividend and bond interest that is taxed at far higher dollar figures than any ‘secretary’. Even the worst example, TRUMP, intentionally leaked the one return where he paid what, $34,000,000 in taxes? What I think you are referring to is the sum of FICA, which (theoretically) is not a tax, but a contribution, and the secretary’s federal tax. Then divide it by her overall income and come up with a percentage. And find a billionaire who only had capital gains which I think is taxed at 20%? Then say the secretary paid 30% and the billionaire only 20%.

What is musk going to pay this year in taxes? I’ll bet you it is many billions. Enough to equal tens of thousands of secretaries.

Note: News is saying Trump paid zero taxes his last year in office and $720 another year.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 21st, 2022 at 11:40:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Note: News is saying Trump paid zero taxes his last year in office and $720 another year.

If he did it legally, good for him. If he broke the law I hope he pays for it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 21st, 2022 at 11:44:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Seeing he had no salary when he was in office that makes sense.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 21st, 2022 at 12:49:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
Seeing he had no salary when he was in office that makes sense.

He, like most billionaires, make money when they sell the stock, or private assets, that make them billionaires. Shrewd accountants might figure out it’s better to pay in one year versus another. So maybe sell on December 31 for all the cash you’ll need next year, then next year sell nothing. I posted earlier…. didn’t Trump release one return showing he paid $34 million in a (specific) year? Maybe he paid zero the previous year. Maybe zero the year after.

I have no idea how much ‘salary’ Trump takes as CEO of Trump enterprises. Or whatever it’s called. If it’s zero and he only makes money when he sells (capital gains) then he shouldn’t pay taxes. UNTIL he sells!
December 21st, 2022 at 1:18:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny fought like hell to prevent this information from getting to the public, but as usual, in the end he lost the battle.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 21st, 2022 at 8:14:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Donny fought like hell to prevent this information from getting to the public, but as usual, in the end he lost the battle.

The poor guy lost $50 million over 6 years and still paid $300k a year in taxes! He needs better accountants! Who has that much negative income and still pays any taxes? He should qualify for food stamps, the earned income credit, housing assistance, heating assistance, loan forgiveness, welfare payments, child tax credits, and whatever other free money the Democrats are giving out today.

On a more serious note, all those ‘losing’ years being made public has to irk him bigly!
December 22nd, 2022 at 2:36:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Those are all losses on paper. The tax laws are designed to promote investment. He owns hundreds of properties. Commercial properties can be depreciated over 39 years. Multi-family dwellings are depreciated over a shorter period. Interest payments on loans plus capitol expenses are all write-offs.

Buy a multi-family or a commercial property, and you can get these write-offs too.

"That makes me smart"
December 22nd, 2022 at 3:30:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Love this pic
I hear Putin supporter Tucker is furious about this :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 22nd, 2022 at 5:54:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Love this pic
I hear Putin supporter Tucker is furious about this :-)

The Trump family also seems pretty angry about this.

Can’t imagine why…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman