In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 16th, 2022 at 5:08:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Billions in cap gains taxes due is getting killed in my book. If you cannot grasp that I cannot help you.

Clearly you are the one that needs the help. I'm sure you would refuse to make $40 billion dollars just to avoid the taxes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 16th, 2022 at 6:45:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You had better not try to do your own taxes. He has no losses on TWTR at this time.

I realize that the losses are normally triggered when the stock is sold. I expect with the number of companies and ventures he controls his accountants have ways of triggering the paper loss without losing control of Twitter.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 16th, 2022 at 8:30:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Elon Musk has revealed himself to be one of the stupidest men alive lately, so I would not be surprised if he is paying more taxes than he should be.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 17th, 2022 at 2:47:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
I realize that the losses are normally triggered when the stock is sold. I expect with the number of companies and ventures he controls his accountants have ways of triggering the paper loss without losing control of Twitter.

He owns the TSLA stock as an individual, same as he does Twitter and all the others. They are silos, a loss in one will not be able to offset a loss at another. Plus we are talking tens of billions he would have to offset. That's like trying to sweep a pile of elephant droppings under the carpet.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2022 at 2:49:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
Clearly you are the one that needs the help. I'm sure you would refuse to make $40 billion dollars just to avoid the taxes.

I would move to Puerto Rico or Guam to avoid them.

Really, why are you upset that I said he will get killed in capital gains taxes? How is what I said incorrect?
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2022 at 6:53:33 AM permalink
DRich

Really, why are you upset that I said he will get killed in capital gains taxes? How is what I said incorrect?

Obviously you are not stating that he will literally get killed but I interpret it to me that he will be severely impaired by it. I just don't see that. You or I paying 50% taxes will have a very adverse effect, him paying 50% taxes still means he has billions of dollars after taxes.
December 17th, 2022 at 6:53:34 AM permalink
DRich

Obviously you are not stating that he will literally get killed but I interpret it to me that he will be severely impaired by it. I just don't see that. You or I paying 50% taxes will have a very adverse effect, him paying 50% taxes still means he has billions of dollars after taxes.
December 17th, 2022 at 8:30:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Musk is essentially a retired person doing something because he wants to. AS are all billionaires of any age.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2022 at 9:01:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman

What kind of person does not understand what “he will get killed with taxes” means? I seriously ask if English is your first language.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2022 at 6:37:19 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Elon Musk has revealed himself to be one of the stupidest men alive lately, so I would not be surprised if he is paying more taxes than he should be.

😂 😂 😂