In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 4th, 2023 at 6:03:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich

I just booked a Cancun trip, I will let you know if I see him.

https://www.travelawaits.com/2855772/taxi-uber-driver-violence-in-mexico-us-state-department-warning/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2023 at 6:10:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The balloon has the ability to change course. It flew over the ICBM base in MT, changed course, and flew over the B-52 base in SD. Changed course again and is now over Missouri, where we have nuclear missiles at Whiteman Airforce base. Next stop is likely the submarine base in Georgia.

No wonder why the US hasn't won a war in 78 years.

Incoming high altitude balloons equipped with nuclear warheads are undetectable.

An EMP attack by a ballon equipped with a nuclear warhead would render our ICBM's useless.

"Spy balloons, used by Japan to drop bombs during World War II, are now far more sophisticated, can fly at up to 200,000 feet, evade detection, and can carry a small nuclear bomb that, if exploded in the atmosphere, would shut down the grid and wipe out electronics in a many-state-wide area."

A second Chinese balloon is flying over South America.
February 4th, 2023 at 8:18:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 4th, 2023 at 8:48:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
https://www.travelawaits.com/2855772/taxi-uber-driver-violence-in-mexico-us-state-department-warning/

One can't live their life scared without missing out on life.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 4th, 2023 at 9:31:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
One can't live their life scared without missing out on life.

They had great deals to Cancun for this winter. We chose Siesta Key and Costa Rica instead because my wife had some trepidations about Mexico. We went to Cancun (Riviera Maya) last winter without any incident.
I hope no one links to some crime in Costa Rica…..
February 4th, 2023 at 10:22:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
What would happen if someone flew a Xi balloon (humorous caricature) over Taiwan?
February 4th, 2023 at 10:53:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
They had great deals to Cancun for this winter. We chose Siesta Key and Costa Rica instead because my wife had some trepidations about Mexico. We went to Cancun (Riviera Maya) last winter without any incident.
I hope no one links to some crime in Costa Rica…..

Did you like Siesta Key for a month? I have only spent the day there. Which golf courses did you like?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 4th, 2023 at 11:50:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Did you like Siesta Key for a month? I have only spent the day there. Which golf courses did you like?

I’ll end the thread hijack with Misty Creek, Tatum Ridge, Serenoa, and Bobcat.

So the Repubs made a martyr out of Omar. She will certainly have a higher profile NOT being on the committee than being on it. But elections have consequences. Pretty sure McCarthy had said these three (Schiff, Omar, and Swallwell) were mentioned to be ousted BEFORE the midterm elections. The people voted to give the Republicans the power to oust them. They used the power the people gave them. I can see a WHOLE BUNCH of Republicans being ousted from committees as soon as the Dems resume a majority.

Having given it more thought, I am now strongly against the majority party having involvement in the minority party committee member selection. Omar being an anti semite is not in and of itself a security problem. It may be a policy problem. Swallwell sleeping with a Chinese spy, which I think no one is denying, is a security problem. Schiff lying like most partisan politicians do is also not a security problem, and thus not a reason to be excluded from any committee.
February 4th, 2023 at 12:26:41 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Finally shot it down after it completed it's mission. Must have gotten permission from the Chinese. Wonder if they retrieved it.

Took five minutes for it to land.

The is the Big Foot Pizza spy blimp downed over NYC in '93. Actually it was a helium leak.
February 4th, 2023 at 1:01:06 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It's a good thing they didn't have satellite image transfer technology or else they could have transmitted the captured images.

That was a close one.

Says no one.